Reasons I'm now pumped for the season

Jetsfan80

I mean it's not like Edwards was a great WR...and Plax was whatever amount of years removed from being a great WR.

They're basically taking the Chargers route...Actually if you pay attention they've been trying to imitate the Chargers (and Saints) for years now, except for '08 which ironically is when they got franchise QB play for 11 games.

Pile up young WRs and let the QB separate out who can last....something like that...it'd be too much phone typing to articulate it better.

No, Edwards wasnt great, but he was damn good for us bro. His first year he had drops and everyone complained, the next year I think he had only 1 drop and was making HUGE plays for us when we needed them.

He wasnt Calvin Johnson, but he wasnt Heyward-bey

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Edwards wasnt great, but he was damn good bro for us bro. His first year he had drop and everyone complained, the next year I think he had only 1 drop and was making HUGE plays for us when we needed them.

He wasnt Calvin Johnson, but he wasnt Heyward-bey

Product of a system that didn't ask much of him until the end of the season. Asked to run more slants and intermediate stuff and he looked uncomfortable as all heck.

Braylon was a luxury but a healthy Schilens could do what he did here, and Hill might pass him.

Slats is right on Hill...he's a potential stud. He's got a great attitude to go along with top of the line physical skills.

I'm glad someone else saw it.

ROUTE DESIGN FTW!

prepare for 500 word response as to why what he said wasn't as dumb as it sounded, and how he can pick out route trees from both jets and miami offenses listening to game on radio from boston

Alshon Jeffrey is fat but you like him.

Jordon White was almost a UDFA but you like him

Stephen Hill ran a 4.3, he's 6'4 and averaged 30yrds per catch and averaged a TD every 5 catches, came from the same system as Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas but you dont like him.

Bring back Braylon!!!!

?

still laughing about ape saying sparano, unlike schotty, will create route trees designed to get first downs... where do you guys come up with this stuff.. it's gold!

By "designed to get first downs" I was implying 10+ yard completions, as opposed to the Schotty offense that so often saw 3rd and 7 with 5 yard completions and punts.

Not surprised I have to translate for you troll.

Product of a system that didn't ask much of him until the end of the season. Asked to run more slants and intermediate stuff and he looked uncomfortable as all heck.

Braylon was a luxury but a healthy Schilens could do what he did here, and Hill might pass him.

Slats is right on Hill...he's a potential stud. He's got a great attitude to go along with top of the line physical skills.

Which when they asked much of him he stepped up. ??????? Everyone is a product of the system that they play in. The bottomline is that when we needed a big play and the ball went to Edwards he made it happen. trying to downplay it because of schotty isnt going to fly. And I dont recall Braylon looking all uncomfortable when he was making plays, blocking etc.

Yes, Slats is right, Hill is a potential Stud, but by saying that you're acting like Im wrong saying that he's a potential bust who has only 50 catches in three years of college play. 50 dude!

That reality is cool to ignore I guess.

Did you just attribute the results on the field to the system the player(s) are playing in? Oh, I think you did...

prepare for 500 word response as to why what he said wasn't as dumb as it sounded, and how he can pick out route trees from both jets and miami offenses listening to game on radio from boston

Sparano receivers average over 10 yards per reception. Because he employs a downfield passing attack.

Schotty receivers do not. Because he employs a dink-and-duck, chuck-and-duck system.

Saw the stats online somewhere.

By "designed to get first downs" I was implying 10+ yard completions, as opposed to the Schotty offense that so often saw 3rd and 7 with 5 yard completions and punts.

Not surprised I have to translate for you troll.

bhahahaha... so I'm assuming you've reviewed all 22 tape for both teams over the last 4 years?

Sparano receivers average over 10 yards per reception. Because he employs a downfield passing attack.

Schotty receivers do not. Because he employs a dink-and-duck, chuck-and-duck system.

Saw the stats online somewhere.

yea, check 2009 when Sanchez had one of highest YPC and Henne one of the lowest, or 2010, Sanchez (because of Rex) dropped to 15th, but Henne stayed near bottom of league

Do you know what YPC means for a QB?? Will you stop now, or want to keep digging hole deeper?

Did you just attribute the results on the field to the system the player(s) are playing in? Oh, I think you did...

2010 Jets liked to go vertical and Braylon was the guy to do it with.

Product of how he was used combined with his skills that let him be used that way....who cares....in the end he's not a great loss.

Faith is all you have with Hill. putting up those crazy number on just 50 catches isnt impossible. White has over 300 catches for his career, but given that you gave me stats for Hill let me give you the stats that impressed me about White.

He's doubled his stats every year in every major category in college. Here you go.

http://espn.go.com/n...ge/jordan-white

For every unproductive WR taken based on potential who busts, there is a productive WR who has eye popping numbers who busts as well.

For every unproductive WR taken based on potential who busts, there is a productive WR who has eye popping numbers who busts as well.

You're right, so there's no sense in being overly excited when not only is he bust potential, but he has very little production to boot.

Look, Hill has the size, speed to be a threat, this is obvious. But im going to say this again, no one on this board can tell me that this guy has the hands because he's only caught 50 balls and has had a fair amount of drops.

This is the reality. Take the good with the bad until Hill makes a definitive statement on the field.

Plax was a major loss. Those 8 TDs aren't coming from Stephen Hill and Jordan White.

He was a pretty decent option as a red zone target, but even that success was limited to a handful of games. For the most part he was pretty damn awful last year. If the Jets offense somehow manages to get worse and it's due to the loss of player that played so badly that no NFL team, including the Jets, wants anything to do with him, that just adds on to the list of things to laugh about when it comes to the Jets offense.

2010 Jets liked to go vertical and Braylon was the guy to do it with.

Product of how he was used combined with his skills that let him be used that way....who cares....in the end he's not a great loss.

I know its not a great loss.

I'm laughing at you invoking system as a basis for performance outcome, given the way you've defended Schotty saying that system doesn't matter.

You're right, so there's no sense in being overly excited when not only is he bust potential, but he has very little production to boot.

Look, Hill has the size, speed to be a threat, this is obvious. But im going to say this again, no one on this board can tell me that this guy has the hands because he's only caught 50 balls and has had a fair amount of drops.

This is the reality. Take the good with the bad until Hill makes a definitive statement on the field.

The Jets are riding the GT gravy train. Hoping they find a CJ or Thomas. I hope so too. I'm not claiming Hill will or wont be great. I'm just saying its a start. Everyone complained about not having a deep threat...we'll, 6'4, 4.3. That should help.

He was a pretty decent option as a red zone target, but even that success was limited to a handful of games. For the most part he was pretty damn awful last year. If the Jets offense somehow manages to get worse and it's due to the loss of player that played so badly that no NFL team, including the Jets, wants anything to do with him, that just adds on to the list of things to laugh about when it comes to the Jets offense.

It's not that Plax was so vital that his loss will somehow cripple the offense (he was actually pretty bad last year). It's that nearly 1/3 of Sanchez's much-lauded improvement in the TD department came from a guy who's lone remaining skill was his ability to haul in those duck-and-chuck floaters that Sanchez likes to sling around the red zone.

yea, check 2009 when Sanchez had one of highest YPC and Henne one of the lowest, or 2010, Sanchez (because of Rex) dropped to 15th, but Henne stayed near bottom of league

Do you know what YPC means for a QB?? Will you stop now, or want to keep digging hole deeper?

bhahahaha... so I'm assuming you've reviewed all 22 tape for both teams over the last 4 years?

Henne is not the sole case study for Sporano. You've also got noodle arm and Matt Moore. Both of whom faired much better in the same offense. Look at our 3 QBs of the Schotty era, Sanchez, Favre and noodle arm. Plain and simple, Sporano got more out of his QBs and WRs, and his offense employs many more deep routes. All you have to do to realize this is watch the way the defenses play each team, against the Jets defenses have crowded the line of scrimmage for the past 6 years, against the Dolphins you can see them playing off the line. I've watched enough Jets and Dolphins games to see the difference. Don't need to review tape, so save your infantile football message board cliché digs for one of the other lame brains around here.

I'll wait to see how our offense produces, and we can revisit.

When will Santonio Holmes do what Edwards did here?

I know Holmes is a cancerous cancer who cancered up the locker room with his cancery cancerdom, but trust me, you really don't want to shift this particular debate in the direction of on-field production.

The Jets are riding the GT gravy train. Hoping they find a CJ or Thomas. I hope so too. I'm not claiming Hill will or wont be great. I'm just saying its a start. Everyone complained about not having a deep threat...we'll, 6'4, 4.3. That should help.

Calvin Johnson career college stats.

Career Receiving: 178 Rec, 2927 Yds, 16.4 Avg, 28 TD

Demaryius Thomas career college stats

Career Receiving: 120 Rec, 2339 Yds, 19.5 Avg, 15 TD

Alshon Jeffery career college Stats (who we should have drafted)

Career Receiving: 183 Rec, 3042 Yds, 16.6 Avg, 23 TD

Stephen Hill career college stats

Career Receiving: 49 Rec, 1248 Yds, 25.5 Avg, 9 TD

When based on averages, Stephen Hill is off the damn chart. I see that. But when it comes to production..........exactly.

And just to throw in

Jordan White career college stats.

Career Receiving: 306 Rec, 4187 Yds, 13.7 Avg, 32 TD. >>>>>>>>>>>Thats production. I dont care how close he was to being undrafted.

I know Holmes is a cancerous cancer who cancered up the locker room with his cancery cancerdom, but trust me, you really don't want to shift this particular debate in the direction of on-field production.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's not like Holmes' Jets stats annihilate Edwards' Jets stats. I realize it's a common deal to paint Edwards as a suck pump in retrospect, but what has Holmes ever done here to elevate him above anything Edwards did?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's not like Holmes' Jets stats annihilate Edwards' Jets stats. I realize it's a common deal to paint Edwards as a suck pump in retrospect, but what has Holmes ever done here to elevate him above anything Edwards did?

Holmes got a big contract that limits the FO's maneuverability?

Henne is not the sole case study for Sporano. You've also got noodle arm and Matt Moore. Both of whom faired much better in the same offense. Look at our 3 QBs of the Schotty era, Sanchez, Favre and noodle arm. Plain and simple, Sporano got more out of his QBs and WRs, and his offense employs many more deep routes. All you have to do to realize this is watch the way the defenses play each team, against the Jets defenses have crowded the line of scrimmage for the past 6 years, against the Dolphins you can see them playing off the line. I've watched enough Jets and Dolphins games to see the difference. Don't need to review tape, so save your infantile football message board cliché digs for one of the other lame brains around here.

I'll wait to see how our offense produces, and we can revisit.

you have no idea what you're talking about... Miami fans were sicker of Sparano then Jets fans where of Schotty.. Your just making things up at this point

As to the premise of the thread, this season will look almost exactly like last season, except instead of Holmes and Plaxico tearing the locker room apart, it'll be Holmes and Tebow tearing the locker room apart. Sanchez is still here. Holmes is still here. There is no RT. You're hoping for rookies and a gimpy Laron Landry to fix the safety positions. Buffalo is better. The Pats are better. The only thing going for this Jets squad is the hope (based on hope) that Sparano conceives of a way to hide Sanchez enough vis a vis some weird faux-wildcat offense that he won't lose games for you. You're all nuts if you think otherwise. Nuts.

It's not that Plax was so vital that his loss will somehow cripple the offense (he was actually pretty bad last year). It's that nearly 1/3 of Sanchez's much-lauded improvement in the TD department came from a guy who's lone remaining skill was his ability to haul in those duck-and-chuck floaters that Sanchez likes to sling around the red zone.

I won't argue that, but I think it essentially comes back to the main issue of the offense, which is that it won't do anything worth a damn unless Sanchez gets his sh*t together.

In the meantime, the fact that the Jets once again have players on the roster capable of allowing them to do the one thing Sanchez actually had success at in his first two years, the deep pass, should hopefully offset a few grabs made by an otherwise crappy player. If Sanchez suddenly has the light come on but it turns out nobody on the roster outside of Holmes or Keller can catch a cold, then that will be a different issue, but I wouldn't exactly bet on that.

Archived