A Bunch Of New Recordings (all originals)

SoFlaJets

http://jimmyd-bo.podomatic.com/

I'll Be On My Way

Never Gonna Give Up (won't be released)

Street Musician

Song Of Redemption

The Titanic

Guardian Angel

Buried Treasure

92 Car Train

The Doghouse

To name a few-I hope some of you guys and gals can take a minute or two and give a listen. This is a project that my son James and I are working on-he's playing the keyboards and doing a lot of the drum stuff and I'm singing, playing guitar, bass, and harmonica as well as being the writer of these things

Nice stuff, the site and everything is coming a long way. Not reallly my style of music, but very impressed with the production quality (i'm assuming you're doing yourself) and think it's great you're writing all these originals. Is your son still in the band?

Nice stuff, the site and everything is coming a long way. Not reallly my style of music, but very impressed with the production quality (i'm assuming you're doing yourself) and think it's great you're writing all these originals. Is your son still in the band?

thanks CTM-I'm spending a lot of time on the production side of this project and letting my son take care of a lot more of the music-no, no band happening now and not much work at all. I'm really struggling in that department. I figure this must be God's way of telling me to use my time constructively instead of laying around watching TV all day. I think we'll have around 60 songs all together when this is all said and done and then I want to get moving writing more songs.

Who knows I may just be one of those guys that gets discovered after he dies and makes his wife and kids all rich-it'll help her when she's laying by the new built-in pool getting tanning oil rubbed all over her body by her young Hispanic gardener and his pool boy buddy

thanks CTM-I'm spending a lot of time on the production side of this project and letting my son take care of a lot more of the music-no, no band happening now and not much work at all. I'm really struggling in that department. I figure this must be God's way of telling me to use my time constructively instead of laying around watching TV all day. I think we'll have around 60 songs all together when this is all said and done and then I want to get moving writing more songs.

Who knows I may just be one of those guys that gets discovered after he dies and makes his wife and kids all rich-it'll help her when she's laying by the new built-in pool getting tanning oil rubbed all over her body by her young Hispanic gardener and his pool boy buddy

I agree completely. I've recently taken up piano, i used to play guitar, but learning curve is still very high. Rewarding though, certainly more so then TV or screwing around on the internet.

I agree completely. I've recently taken up piano, i used to play guitar, but learning curve is still very high. Rewarding though, certainly more so then TV or screwing around on the internet.

I'd like to drop a piano on your head.

As far as the style of music that we have finished so far, the songs are on a more "lighter" tip as far as content goes. these aren't the rockers yet...I gave a CD to the drummer we're going to be using just today and I can't wait until I can strap on the Telecaster and crank it up. I also have my lead guitarist Glen who will be playing on it with us too.

The songs that I got into writing down here was stuff that was geared towards the bar crowd. You don't really want to be too serious or glum when singing to a bunch of people out partying-you kind of need to keep it lighter...

I have a nice 66 key Kurzweil electric piano for sale...just sayin'

Elton-John.jpg

art_elton_john-420x0.jpg

Elton.jpg

Cool story, Elton.

Brilliant. Keep at it. So good.

Yeah, I wanted my little ones to play, then figured I better know what the hell I'm doing for the inevitable questions.. so i started learning too. My 7 year old is getting lessons, being able to help her and explaining things during the week is cool, productive time we get together.... also, she's competitive and wants to be better then daddy, so it's also manipulating her into practicing more :D. My 5 year old will start next year

would 100% recommend to any parents out there. Learning music, and in particular piano, is so good for kids on so many levels.

As far as the style of music that we have finished so far, the songs are on a more "lighter" tip as far as content goes. these aren't the rockers yet...I gave a CD to the drummer we're going to be using just today and I can't wait until I can strap on the Telecaster and crank it up. I also have my lead guitarist Glen who will be playing on it with us too.

The songs that I got into writing down here was stuff that was geared towards the bar crowd. You don't really want to be too serious or glum when singing to a bunch of people out partying-you kind of need to keep it lighter...

Yeah, it sounds nice, and I was really impressed with the production quality. Awesome stuff. I'm definitively envious.

Yeah, I wanted my little ones to play, then figured I better know what the hell I'm doing for the inevitable questions.. so i started learning too. My 7 year old is getting lessons, being able to help her and explaining things during the week is cool, productive time we get together.... also, she's competitive and wants to be better then daddy, so it's also manipulating her into practicing more :biggrin:. My 5 year old will start next year

would 100% recommend to any parents out there. Learning music, and in particular piano, is so good for kids on so many levels.

Thats awesome. My sons are too freakin tarded to play instruments. Baby Crusher tried guitar for a week but when he found out he couldn;t play Metallica after a week of lessons he ate his guitar. My daughter Rose plays the upright Bass and her and Lisa both sing and take voice lessons.

Thats awesome for you and your daughters. Keep at it. One day it will pay dividends at a dinner part with a piano, a Martini and a Milf that loves jazz. BAZINGA!!!!!!

Great stuff as always, SoFla.

That's awesome man. I played piano a lot when I was young and actually got pretty good at it, but by the time I got a little older just didn't have the interest in keeping up with it, especially once leaving for college. Now at this point I hate that I don't have enough room in my place to have one, and so always play every time I'm ever by my mom's place (as she still has my old piano). I played a little bit of plenty of other instruments too over the years, but never got all that good at anything else, so haven't quite gotten into giving something that I can actually fit in my place, like a guitar, another shot.

Archived