Stephen Hill signs

RyanBe_Tweetin

You know they're allowed to move after the catch, right? It's not Ultimate Frisbee here.

You know there are other guys who get paid a whole ton of money to not let you do that right?

The bottom line is it was a sh*tty read and a moronic play call. Both are completely independently 100% true. That's only further supported by the fact that the only arguments otherwise are sorry a$$ excuses, as usual for both of the responsible parties.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know there are other guys who get paid a whole ton of money to not let you do that right?

The bottom line is it was a sh*tty read and a moronic play call. Both are completely independently 100% true. That's only further supported by the fact that the only arguments otherwise are sorry a$$ excuses, as usual for both of the responsible parties.

It's really not a moronic play call though.. proper read nets a first down.. Throwing 4 yard patter is easier then throwing 8 yard pattern for QB with accuracy issues

It's really not a moronic play call though.. proper read nets a first down.. Throwing 4 yard patter is easier then throwing 8 yard pattern for QB with accuracy issues

The potential for a positive result does not automatically give credence to the actions taken before it. I know you know better than that. We've all seen plenty of dumb decisions made by Sanchez or other prior QBs that ended up working out well, it still doesn't make those decisions any less dumb. The same applies here.

The fact that there was only one player out of five who even had the possibility of getting a first down, and of all receivers it was the one running the shortest route (and the third string RB no less), and only due to a horribly busted coverage, really doesn't do much to support the idea that it wasn't an idiotic decision. If you really want to justify that single play, that's all well and good, but there's another 6 years worth of idiocy you'd have to go through just as much effort to make excuses for, which once again says all that really needs to be said on the topic. When the only defense you have is excuses, then you really don't have any defense at all.

Yeah but 1) it had to be a VERY fast read, 2) it happened to be his last read on the play and ONLY his last read on the play that would do it.

Yeah but then the onus is on both QB and WR to make a play. What kind of coordinator puts a player in that situation? NAY, what kind of MAN outs boys/children in that kind of situation?

It's disgusting. It's like Schittenheimer expected everyone to do the work for him.

The potential for a positive result does not automatically give credence to the actions taken before it. I know you know better than that. We've all seen plenty of dumb decisions made by Sanchez or other prior QBs that ended up working out well, it still doesn't make those decisions any less dumb. The same applies here.

The fact that there was only one player out of five who even had the possibility of getting a first down, and of all receivers it was the one running the shortest route (and the third string RB no less), and only due to a horribly busted coverage, really doesn't do much to support the idea that it wasn't an idiotic decision. If you really want to justify that single play, that's all well and good, but there's another 6 years worth of idiocy you'd have to go through just as much effort to make excuses for, which once again says all that really needs to be said on the topic. When the only defense you have is excuses, then you really don't have any defense at all.

busted coverage? Both corners were playing off. You do realize that defense have to protect against longer routes too?

You know you don't have to defend that play in order to still hate on Sanchez, right?

busted coverage? Both corners were playing off. You do realize that defense have to protect against longer routes too?

Oh yeah, because it's the totally correct play by the DB to keep dropping back for another 5 yards after a player has come to a complete stop.

That must be why Schotty's favorite play of a screen pass with no blocking always worked so fantastically right?

You know you don't have to defend that play in order to still hate on Sanchez, right?

The volume of people who are completely incapable of even comprehending the idea that there can be blame placed on more than one single person at a given time is absolutely mind-boggling. The kind of garbage that some have defended against just so that they can be sure to place the blame elsewhere is really laughable.

one has nothing to do with the other... i hate on sanchez for fun, recognizing him as a far bigger deficiency on this offense then schotty is a different matter

The volume of people who are completely incapable of even comprehending the idea that there can be blame placed on more than one single person at a given time is absolutely mind-boggling.

Strange how you never express this sentiment in any of the eleventy billion Fire Schotty threads.

The volume of people who are completely incapable of even comprehending the idea that there can be blame placed on more than one single person at a given time is absolutely mind-boggling. The kind of garbage that some have defended against just so that they can be sure to place the blame elsewhere is really laughable.

I begin with the premise that they all suck and then work backwards.

So when is this backwards work scheduled to begin?

Revis

Mangold

Sometimes Rex

Sometimes Brick.

David Harris

Backwards work all done.

Preeeeetty confident that the next two years will justify my lack of faith in this regime, though. Unless Tebow.

Strange how you never express this sentiment in any of the eleventy billion Fire Schotty threads.

I'm not so sure about that one. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hated Schotty, and thought he was a completely incompetent dipsh*t. That said, I never once pretended like his unnecessarily years-delayed firing was going to magically fix all of the Jets' offensive woes. I just made it pretty clear that the guy who had sucked for the longest and was the far easiest to send packing had absolutely no reason to be kept around. Not to mention, I didn't want him anywhere near Sanchez's eventual successor (and no, before you say it, I'm not saying he's the reason Sanchez sucks, that's all on Sanchez).

There's a pretty significant difference between having a bigger problem with one person than others, and endlessly trying to paint everyone else as infallible in an attempt to make sure only one person is to blame.

• 2 weeks later...

PAUSE.

GATA is a hot girl? Doesn't the internet then require more?

What does the internet require? :bag:

Got a feeling this kid is going to be very special

I feel the same way, like Senor Gato said I think he's going to be better than Edwards .

Bold, bold prediction. On a similar note, I predict that the new Daredevil will be better than Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

I like to put myself out there...live life on the edge...say ridiciulous things...put my sunglasses on slowly....you know....

I know that 3rd down play has been hashed and rehashed to death, but I think that it probably demonstrates both how unfair the assault on Schotty is on this board AND the reason why we are probably better off without him. Schottenheimer's offense is famous for having tons of options. The receivers may well have been running options based on the coverage. McKnight would be the only one that seemed to be doing the right thing by hitching up because the CB bailed big time at the snap. It's quite possible that the play did not call for everybody to go 4 and turnaround on 3rd down and 6, but that the receivers chose to do so based on the coverage. Even if that is true, the fact that it was run by a team where all the receiving options take the lazy way out and hitch up, and the QB makes the wrong read shows why a simpler offense where guys just "run the ******* play" can be more effective.

I know that 3rd down play has been hashed and rehashed to death, but I think that it probably demonstrates both how unfair the assault on Schotty is on this board AND the reason why we are probably better off without him. Schottenheimer's offense is famous for having tons of options. The receivers may well have been running options based on the coverage. McKnight would be the only one that seemed to be doing the right thing by hitching up because the CB bailed big time at the snap. It's quite possible that the play did not call for everybody to go 4 and turnaround on 3rd down and 6, but that the receivers chose to do so based on the coverage. Even if that is true, the fact that it was run by a team where all the receiving options take the lazy way out and hitch up, and the QB makes the wrong read shows why a simpler offense where guys just "run the ******* play" can be more effective.

All those options for every receiver I think is a major problem with Schottenheimer's offense. It slows down the QB's reaction time, because he has to determine which route each of his receivers is running as he looks at each one. It's more thinking per glance. When you're using tenths of a second to determine how much time a QB has in the pocket before he releases the ball, that adds up fast - and runs out before he gets to his last read.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sparano's just win your matchup offense. Simpler should equal quicker.

Our kid in Uniform

k6om1.jpg

e283b4c8a1dd11e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

o00wah.jpg

I was reading all the bickering about Sanchez vs Shotty and wondered..."What the hell is Gata posting pics of Steven Hill for? Then read the titles of the thread. Well done, nice attempt to get this thread back on course. LOL

All those options for every receiver I think is a major problem with Schottenheimer's offense. It slows down the QB's reaction time, because he has to determine which route each of his receivers is running as he looks at each one. It's more thinking per glance. When you're using tenths of a second to determine how much time a QB has in the pocket before he releases the ball, that adds up fast - and runs out before he gets to his last read.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sparano's just win your matchup offense. Simpler should equal quicker.

Agreed this should be much better for a dumber QB like Sanchez who takes forever and a day to do anything. Maybe after 5 straight years of running a simple offense he could do this but clearly he had too much difficulty. I'm still not optimistic he's going to be a good QB ever, but it seems this drastic simplification is more likely to help than hurt.

Archived