Mariano Rivera Injures Knee While Shagging BP Fly Balls

The Gun Of Bavaria

http://deadspin.com/...atting-practice

Hope Mo is ultimately OK. Looks bad, but the guy is a legend and I have the most respect for him.

Mariano Rivera Had To Be Carted Off The Field With A Possible Knee Injury Sustained During Batting Practice

That's according to numerous reports out of Kansas City, where the Yankees closer slipped on the warning track as he was shagging fly balls before tonight's game against the Royals. According to CBSSports.com, the 42-year-old Rivera had to be carried to the cart by manager Joe Girardi and bullpen coach Mike Harkey.

I get off the plane in K.C. to a text message from GOB asking about Mo. I had no idea...

Going to the Yankees game tomorrow and possibly Saturday. To say that this sucks beyond belief is an understatement.

Terrible to see something like this happen to a guy like Rivera. Not sure he can rehab something like that and regain his form at 42, but I'd love to see him do just that, and walk off on his own the last time we get to see him. Not this.

I just can't fathom his career ending like this. Mo is a deeply religious man and he's always been someone who believes things happen for a reason; I just hope this doesn't give him reason to end his career. Of course he'll get his day like Jorgie did, but he deserves to be able to walk off the mound at home and get all the love from the home crowd in a real game.

Just in time to golf ;)

Or win another World Series. But I will concede that the Yankees are playing like crap right now. Not how I planned this at all. :)

I am going to the game tonight. Really sucks that this happened.

From the Yankees Facebook page just now:

SHARE THE BIG NEWS: "I'm coming back. Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this." - Mariano.

He's my favorite baseball player, but I'll believe it when I see it.

That is good.

To end a career by tearing an acl on a bs thing like catching a practice foul ball is total crap.

just what i was thinking

Mariano deserves to go out with style

he's the best EVER at his position

I hope he does come back but does anyone else find it ironic that A-Rod was the one hitting while Mo was flagging fly balls. A-Rod can't catch a break.

A-Rod was not hitting. Jayson Nix was. Arod was waiting his turn to hit. That's why they got that reaction shot of him.

I hope he does come back but does anyone else find it ironic that A-Rod was the one hitting while Mo was flagging fly balls. A-Rod can't catch a break.

A-Rod was not hitting. Jayson Nix was. Arod was waiting his turn to hit. That's why they got that reaction shot of him.

Archived