Beastie Boy found dead

Blackout

I didn't realize that Licensed to ill was the first Rap album to reach # 1 on the Billboard charts. This is such sad news, way way way too young and he used his fame in such a good way. Really pray that he may rest in peace. So many Beastie Boys songs will stick in my head for ever. I am pretty sure I can't go a day without quoting one of their lyrics.

You're all mixed up, like pasta primavera -- why'd you throw that chair at Geraldo Rivera. LOL -- LOVE that one.

My favorite line is actually something I believe in and I use it often. People look at me like I am insane when I say it is part of a Beastie Boys song. One man's ceiling is another man's floor. Always loved that line because it is so damn true.

This is one of my personal favorites. Ah, the be young again. Rest In Peace MCA.

My favorite line is actually something I believe in and I use it often. People look at me like I am insane when I say it is part of a Beastie Boys song. One man's ceiling is another man's floor. Always loved that line because it is so damn true.

That line's in reference to a Paul Simon song, although I agree with the message.

That line's in reference to a Paul Simon song, although I agree with the message.

It is also an ancient chinese proverb I believe. I wasn't saying they invented the sentiment, lol. Ah, these college kids today. :)

It is also an ancient chinese proverb I believe. I wasn't saying they invented the sentiment, lol. Ah, these college kids today. :)

Nah, Paul Simon beat the Chinese to it.

I wasn't trying to say that the quote's not original, but that the lyric itself was also a reference to the song. Which is pretty clever, and I wish more artists did that. Incidentally, Eazy E paid a lot of respect for the Beastie Boys with some of his samples:

I didn't realize that Licensed to ill was the first Rap album to reach # 1 on the Billboard charts. This is such sad news, way way way too young and he used his fame in such a good way. Really pray that he may rest in peace. So many Beastie Boys songs will stick in my head for ever. I am pretty sure I can't go a day without quoting one of their lyrics.

You're all mixed up, like pasta primavera -- why'd you throw that chair at Geraldo Rivera. LOL -- LOVE that one.

This is one of my personal favorites. Ah, the be young again. Rest In Peace MCA.

IMO - he was the best rapper of the group. I always loved the way he started, Pass the Mic, "If you are feeling what I'm feeling then its a musical masterpiece. But if you can hear what I'm dealing then thats cool at least, Whats running through my mind comes through in my walk, true feelings are shown by the way that I talk"

Then off their new album, my favorite lyrics from Make Some Noise are by him: "Pass me the scalpel I'll make an incision, I'll cut off the part of your brain that does the bitching, Put it in formaldehyde and put it on the shelf, and you can show it to your friends and say thats my old self"

****, I'm going to miss this dude. Sad sad sad.

Archived