Should We Pursue Braylon Still?

penguini 15

Although I really like the Stephen Hill pick, I think we should still see about bring Braylon back. I know Tannenbaum said before the draft that he wasn't ruling anything out, but is there any news on that since? I think a one-year deal that is mainly incentive based would be great for us, granted he's healthy.

Vet minimum. Yes.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Schillenz, Edwards, Turner

Lots of BIG targets for Sanchez and/or Tebow. For running Sparanos root trees designed for teh first downs amiright?

fixed

I would pass. The kid is going to be able to block. He will be a red zone target from day one. Santonio can be the primary guy which (for better or worse) is what his ego craves. But for more than anything to do with Santonio I say pass on Braylon.

I would pass. The kid is going to be able to block. He will be a red zone target from day one. Santonio can be the primary guy which (for better or worse) is what his ego craves. But for more than anything to do with Santonio I say pass on Braylon.

You mean keep passing on him. He's been a FA for...almost 6 months?

You've already got Holmes, Hill and Kerley as locks, with Schilens probably pretty close to being so as well. Beyond that you've got a whole lot of young guys (Turner, White, McKnight, etc) fighting it out for what's probably only one spot. I was a big Edwards fan and wanted him back last year, but after how everything went the past year I said even before the draft, I felt the Jets would be better off getting some guys in the draft instead. Given that they did just that, I think that was essentially the end of any chance of Edwards coming back here. If anything, I think he was their backup plan if they didn't come away with any of the WRs they really liked, and given the move up for Hill, I think it's safe to say that's not the case.

Although I really like the Stephen Hill pick, I think we should still see about bring Braylon back. I know Tannenbaum said before the draft that he wasn't ruling anything out, but is there any news on that since? I think a one-year deal that is mainly incentive based would be great for us, granted he's healthy.

About three hours ago...

Braylon Edwards ‏ @OfficialBraylon

#GoodFriday let's knock this last day of work out & enjoy this weekend!

Wait, why is that tweet relevant?

Comprende?

Edit: FYI, I believe there is an ignore feature if you prefer.

I think the Jets should have signed Edwards over Holmes, but the second the Jets traded down for Hill that ship sailed

Huh?

They traded up for Hill, and that was last week. They signed Holmes over Braylon last year.

Absolutely yes. Anyone banking on Hill to produce like a starter in his rookie year is batsh*t crazy.

Last years second round WRs....

Titus Young, Lions. 48 catches, 607 yards, 6 TDs

Torrey Smith, Ravens. 50/841/7

Greg Little, Browns. 61/709/2

Randall Cobb, Packers. 25/375/1

Yeah, absolutely insane to think Hill could produce like a starter in his rookie season.

Yeah, absolutely insane to think Hill could produce like a starter in his rookie season.

Bam!

lol. Sensitive much? I asked a legit question. Dry your eyes little fella, its gonna be alright.

whatever.gif

Herpity derpity this is the Jets! Braylon and his knee would bail us out!

In order for the Jets to do anything this year, Sanchez has to be better. They should give Sanchez everything they can find in order to see that he plays better. Sanchez clearly liked working with Braylon. I'm not seeing how bringing him in hurts the team.

Vet minimum. Yes.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Schillenz, Edwards, Turner

Lots of BIG targets for Sanchez and/or Tebow. For running the root trees designed for teh first downs amiright?

No never....... CTM says run the root tree routes 2-3 yards before the first down marker

I would not have a problem signing Braylon it would certainly give us the option to have fresh WR's out there. Can never hurt to have too much and when Holmes refuses to block we just insert Braylon on running plays and go deep play action pass when needed. :)

I think we should. If we can give him vet minimum I wouldnt mind. Hill has to prove himself and having a WR similar to his physical stature to learn from wouldnt hurt.

Braylon really seems to want to be a Jet. Im still kinda taken back by such a stance by players the past couple years lol. We need to take advantage of that. I remember when players completely overlooked us.

I think the Jets should have signed Edwards over Holmes, but the second the Jets traded down for Hill that ship sailed

I agree unfortunately. With both statements. It's a shame we went with Santonio over BE, but we did. Stephen Hill brings the same skill set as Edwards and is younger and faster. I wouldn't be against them signing him as well, but do not see it happening.

Pretty sure Edwards is still in rehab for his knee, and never entered rehab for his drinking.

The Jets now have two young, fast, 6'4" WRs in Hill and Schilens, and probably won't be interested in Edwards unless one of them gets hurt, or they both stink up the joint. I don't see anyone else knocking his door down, either.

Pretty sure Edwards is still in rehab for his knee, and never entered rehab for his drinking.

The Jets now have two young, fast, 6'4" WRs in Hill and Schilens, and probably won't be interested in Edwards unless one of them gets hurt, or they both stink up the joint. I don't see anyone else knocking his door down, either.

Chaz Schilens is as injury prone as they come, Edwards would be a good sign without a doubt.

Chaz Schilens is as injury prone as they come, Edwards would be a good sign without a doubt.

Actually, there's a lot of doubt. That's why he's a free agent in May. He'll probably still be available in August. I don't think the Jets will make a move until they see what they have in camp, and I think that's the right move.

Actually, there's a lot of doubt. That's why he's a free agent in May. He'll probably still be available in August. I don't think the Jets will make a move until they see what they have in camp, and I think that's the right move.

He's one year removed from being a really good receiver, he'd come very cheap on a one year deal because of his season last year and knee injury, and it'd make us really deep at WR. Obviously there's doubt to his situation which why its a good sign because he'd come very cheap and we could get a decent wide receiver out of it which is a good sign without a doubt. Very low risk and very high reward.

This.

Not sure how many WRs folks think the Jets will carry, but it will be five at the most I would assume.

Holmes - lock for WR1

Hill - will have every opportunity to become the starter opposite Holmes.

Kelley - lock for the primary slot guy

The rest of the guys will be competing for two spots.

Schiliens

White

Turner

McNight

Ganaway

Priority will be given to Schilens and White, as the Jets purposely sought them out. Special teams will play an important role as well.

I think Edwards was the Jets back up plan in the event they didn't land a top tier rookie like Hill.

He's one year removed from being a really good receiver, he'd come very cheap on a one year deal because of his season last year and knee injury, and it'd make us really deep at WR. Obviously there's doubt to his situation which why its a good sign because he'd come very cheap and we could get a decent wide receiver out of it which is a good sign without a doubt. Very low risk and very high reward.

Think about this, the Jets let Braylon go after a very good year with the team yet he couldn't latch on anywhere for more than a modest one year deal. Why was that?

I think he has some serious off field issues, notably with alcohol, that teams are much more aware of than the fans are. The bar brawls, DUI, mysterious one car accident, etc. You have to believe the Jets took particular notice when he got a DUI with choirboy allstar D'Brick in the car with him. They don't need that kind of crap. Now on top of that, he's got his own injury concerns. A knee and a shoulder last year. There's a lot of risk with the player.

Braylon's gonna be sitting until some team determines that they're that needy at the WR position.

Archived