The Avengers was OMG RIDICULAWESOME

T0mShane

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to see Whedon filming a big "something flew in from the sky and blew up / crashed down near Grand Central Station" scene last summer, it was wild. My girl and I walked right up into the mix of extras nobody bothered us, I got to talk to the pyro guy - seemed like the perfect dude for the job, looked like DeeDee Ramone and had a blowtorch in his back pocket, haha.

All the cars, taxis, cement turned over and tossed all over the place... and they had a completely blacked-out Porsche Cayenne with a robot camera arm mounted on top presumably for high-speed chase filming.

Been looking forward to the film since - we are convince the scene we saw them working on is in the trailer. lol

Also saw Whedon speak this year at SXSW... it was a pretty good session, even though I'm nowhere near the fanboy that most of the crowd was. I liked the way he talked about the handling of the film though, instilled confidence that it wouldn't be like the early X-Men / Ghost Rider / Daredevil catastrophes.

^ I was expecting a Fantastic Four-style debacle, but it never devolved into that. Each character had their own personality--none of that rah-rah/yay team BS. it was really good. The NYC destruction scenes were so well done that at some points they were a little too 9/11-y realistic. Such a good flick. You'll enjoy it.

Best superhero thing I've seen since Dark Knight. Whedon knows his comics and the characters and didn't do anything stupid with any of them. He even made The Hulk interesting and fun.

A billion stars out of five.

You should have called me, I would have gone with you.

Yes, I went by myself. I'm not ashamed. Ok, I'm ashamed, but whatever. Don't judge me.

Dude. I totally wasn't going there man.

It was more of a public gesture acknowledging that we used to be BFF's and I am open to doing movies and other stuff (i.e. heavy petting) with you again, lol.

Dude. I totally wasn't going there man.

It was more of a public gesture acknowledging that we used to be BFF's and I am open to doing movies and other stuff (i.e. heavy petting) with you again, lol.

Pffft. I'm mature now. It's gotta be third base plus.

stabbed ? the aleins won't bother him, or the explosions, but I wasn't expecting stabbings....

Not like gory stabbings. A dude throws knives that take out two security guards. One dude gets impaled. It wasn't gratuitous or gross, but it was clear that they were killed.

Fine. FINE. Lauren will be so pissed but, whatever.

It is totally fine. I have a laminated Top 5 list and everyone on that list is okay. You are # 2. You used to be # 1 but, well you know, stuff happens lol.

Caught the matinée today. Totally agree, best super hero thing I've seen in some time. Frankly, I thought the Thor movie was completely contrived, but his back story is essential in this one, and as a smaller character I liked him a lot better. Mark Ruffalo did a nice job as the Hulk. RDJ is awesome as always. I still love Scarlett Johansson. Yeah.

The trailer for the next round of Spider-man looks really interesting, too.

Caught the matinée today. Totally agree, best super hero thing I've seen in some time. Frankly, I thought the Thor movie was completely contrived, but his back story is essential in this one, and as a smaller character I liked him a lot better. Mark Ruffalo did a nice job as the Hulk. RDJ is awesome as always. I still love Scarlett Johansson. Yeah.

The trailer for the next round of Spider-man looks really interesting, too.

Did they have the new Dark Knight Rises preview before your Avengers? I think that might be the best film of all time. I didn't see the Thor movie because I always thought Thor (as a character) was always so one-note, but using him as a moral barometer in this was brilliant, I thought. Agreed on Scarlett. It's hard to look at her sometimes and not want to steal her hair.

Did they have the new Dark Knight Rises preview before your Avengers?

Yeah, that one looks great, too. Was disappointed when they referred to it as the conclusion. On the plus side, my son tells me that Ruffalo has signed on for five more movies as the Hulk, so Marvel must have a lot planned.

Meant to say, too, that I agree with your 9/11-esque take on some of the city scenes. Creepy. I had the same thought.

Not like gory stabbings. A dude throws knives that take out two security guards. One dude gets impaled. It wasn't gratuitous or gross, but it was clear that they were killed.

cool thanks for the info

Anyone watch it in IMAX or 3D?

The 3D was very good. Some scenes were obviously shot to take advantage of it, but it wasn't distracting. I'd recommend it.

I think IMAX is a ripoff, though.

spot on. my son said he loved it, and it wasn't scary. the prometheus trailer was another story, I made sure to distract him for that one !

with that said, super mega awesome movie, and the "goosebumps moment" had the goods. so many great lines and moments it took us 10 minutes to talk about it afterwards

spotted 4 guys going in as we were coming out dressed in $300 avenger costumes, the hulk was skinny, thor was built like gholston. yeah, they should have rethunk that, lol

eye candy is just getting to off the charts levels in these movies, to the point where you don't even think about it, which is the highest praise

anyone catch the logans run connection ?

Got to see Whedon filming a big "something flew in from the sky and blew up / crashed down near Grand Central Station" scene last summer, it was wild. My girl and I walked right up into the mix of extras nobody bothered us, I got to talk to the pyro guy - seemed like the perfect dude for the job, looked like DeeDee Ramone and had a blowtorch in his back pocket, haha.

All the cars, taxis, cement turned over and tossed all over the place... and they had a completely blacked-out Porsche Cayenne with a robot camera arm mounted on top presumably for high-speed chase filming.

Been looking forward to the film since - we are convince the scene we saw them working on is in the trailer. lol

Also saw Whedon speak this year at SXSW... it was a pretty good session, even though I'm nowhere near the fanboy that most of the crowd was. I liked the way he talked about the handling of the film though, instilled confidence that it wouldn't be like the early X-Men / Ghost Rider / Daredevil catastrophes.

lol, you will know the grand central scene when ya see it!

Archived