Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - New York Jets

EmDiggy

Nice video...appreciate the insight...I liked Alshon coming out as well and was surprised we drafted Hill...but still liked the Hill pick...may take a year or two to develop but love the upside if he pans out...time will tell.

Coples has been one of the most discussed picks by other pundits. I assume since you said you liked everything but the Hill pick that you approve, but what are your thoughts on him Diggy?

White a higher rated receiver than Hill, really? Every NFL team seems to disagree with you. I agree that White has huge upside, but White being a higher rated WR than Hill is completely inaccurate IMHO.

Also, JetNation should come first on your list at the end! :winking0001:

Thanks for posting!

Good stuff, thanks for posting. While I don't expect you to like every pick, I definitely have to say I disagree about Hill, as that was actually one of favorite picks, if not my favorite. I'm not exactly sure how a guy who averaged nearly 30 yards per catch last year doesn't play like he runs a 4.3, but forgetting even that, I'll say about him what I have said to others regarding Hill vs Jeffery. There's certainly a chance that Jeffery may be the better WR, but he's simply not want the Jets wanted or needed at the WR position. The Jets are going to be a run first team and look to offset that by going for big plays in the passing game. That means what the Jets wanted at the WR position was a guy who's willing to do the dirty work in blocking, not have a major issue if he's not getting thrown to excessively and, when it comes to the passing game, has the potential to blow the top off the defense. That's exactly what Hill has been and will be for the Jets. Now sure there's some more risk involved with him than perhaps some other picks at WR, but the potential reward is also far greater if you ask me. It remains to be seen how it will go, but you can't play it safe with every pick if you want to try to get a true game-changer. It's that risk that allowed the Jets to even have a shot at him to begin with. If Hill had a more productive college career, he probably wouldn't have even made it to the Jets first round pick, never mind where they got him in the second.

Thanks Diggy. I enjoyed it.

Thanks LWCB!!

I love the Stephen Hill pick. We'll see... :)

Uh Oh... I'm gonna store this comment away! Lol!

Thanks Em, I always like your vids.

Thanks Homie!

Nice video...appreciate the insight...I liked Alshon coming out as well and was surprised we drafted Hill...but still liked the Hill pick...may take a year or two to develop but love the upside if he pans out...time will tell.

Hill better hope that the coaching staff is around to see him develop. He's in a bad spot because where they drafted him, they expect him to contribute right away.

Coples has been one of the most discussed picks by other pundits. I assume since you said you liked everything but the Hill pick that you approve, but what are your thoughts on him Diggy?

White a higher rated receiver than Hill, really? Every NFL team seems to disagree with you. I agree that White has huge upside, but White being a higher rated WR than Hill is completely inaccurate IMHO.

Also, JetNation should come first on your list at the end! :winking0001:

Thanks for posting!

Thanks RTJ!! I think Coples is a solid player.. Not the great pass rusher that everyone is trying to make him out to be..but still solid nonetheless. I would compare Coples to someone like Richard Seymour.

As for Hill, no one was talking about him in October but then BOOM the combine happens and all of a sudden, he's the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson.. He's a 5th Rd pick that got pushed up after the combine. I rate WRs different, the first attribute I look for and value the most are consistent hands; that's something that Hill doesn't have.

Good stuff, thanks for posting. While I don't expect you to like every pick, I definitely have to say I disagree about Hill, as that was actually one of favorite picks, if not my favorite. I'm not exactly sure how a guy who averaged nearly 30 yards per catch last year doesn't play like he runs a 4.3, but forgetting even that, I'll say about him what I have said to others regarding Hill vs Jeffery. There's certainly a chance that Jeffery may be the better WR, but he's simply not want the Jets wanted or needed at the WR position. The Jets are going to be a run first team and look to offset that by going for big plays in the passing game. That means what the Jets wanted at the WR position was a guy who's willing to do the dirty work in blocking, not have a major issue if he's not getting thrown to excessively and, when it comes to the passing game, has the potential to blow the top off the defense. That's exactly what Hill has been and will be for the Jets. Now sure there's some more risk involved with him than perhaps some other picks at WR, but the potential reward is also far greater if you ask me. It remains to be seen how it will go, but you can't play it safe with every pick if you want to try to get a true game-changer. It's that risk that allowed the Jets to even have a shot at him to begin with. If Hill had a more productive college career, he probably wouldn't have even made it to the Jets first round pick, never mind where they got him in the second.

Thanks BG!! Its called an option offense, where you run so much and so effectively that when there's play-action, you'll be wide open!

As for Hill, no one was talking about him in October but then BOOM the combine happens and all of a sudden, he's the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson.. He's a 5th Rd pick that got pushed up after the combine. I rate WRs different, the first attribute I look for and value the most are consistent hands; that's something that Hill doesn't have.

I realize it is only rookie camp, but the early returns on Hill suggest otherwise. He looks to be absolutely as-advertised coming right out of the chute. I think you are spot on about White -- in the right system his skill-set translates to quick and successful transition to the pro game.

Great job on your part and I will be checking out your site in the future.

Nice job. Actual analysis, no bs.

I see your point with Hill....but its pretty difficult to say one way or another what the NFL product will be of him. Like you said, all of his highlights are him running go routes wide open.

Hill reminds me of Kieth Jackson who played for the Sooners. They were an option offense and did not throw much, but when they did, it was to him, and it was for big chunks of yardage. Yes he was generally wide open. Keith Jackson was an all-pro TE in the NFL. Hill has great speed and a desire to block and I think Hill will be a great pick who will pay dividends this season.

Good morning Jet Nation!! Here's my Draft Grades video for you guys!! Enjoy! Em

Great Job Em.

Im in total agreement. I think Jordan White in the 7th was an insane pick up and I think the back end of our draft overall was very solid. I also agree with you with the Hill pick. I have to admit from what I've been hearing out of camp Im warming up to the kid, but it doesnt change that there were better, proven WR options on the board at the time we picked.

The only thing that this kid has against him is experience, the potential is obviously there, but he has to show and prove.Hopefully we didnt pick up such a "developmental project" in the 2nd round. There's still first round type talent in the early 2nd round meaning that these are guys that should be starting day one, not developing for a couple years. It seems like he's dropped as many big passes as he's caught in college. I was really hoping for Alshon Jeffery at that spot. Best hands in the draft imo, but you cant teach speed, and thats what the Jets seemed to to be going for. So far, Hill hasnt disappointed. If his hands can become as good as his speed then great, if his hands dont develop then we just drafted Usain Bolt.

Thanks BG!! Its called an option offense, where you run so much and so effectively that when there's play-action, you'll be wide open!

And he was, I'm not sure where you expect him to be in order to be playing up to his 4.3 speed, the end zone? Florida? South Carolina, depending on which end zone they are driving toward?

And as for them to "expect him to contribute right away". Define contribute and you'll have said something, otherwise, you've kind of said something.

PS Your mouth to God's ears that Coples turns out to be as "not great" and "solid" as Richard Seymour.

I realize it is only rookie camp, but the early returns on Hill suggest otherwise. He looks to be absolutely as-advertised coming right out of the chute. I think you are spot on about White -- in the right system his skill-set translates to quick and successful transition to the pro game.

Great job on your part and I will be checking out your site in the future.

Thanks Mostro! I'll be the first to eat crow on Hill.. but I have to wait and see how he performs when live bullets are flying

Nice job. Actual analysis, no bs.

I see your point with Hill....but its pretty difficult to say one way or another what the NFL product will be of him. Like you said, all of his highlights are him running go routes wide open.

Thanks Matt!! Yep.. I trim the fat on my analysis and offer just analysis! He doesn't get separation from DBs. And before anyone chimes in about him running a 4.3 and that's how he creates separation, its far from the truth. Separation occurs at the start of the snap when the WR makes his initial move off the LOS. The only separation you need to create is a 1-yard space/radius between you and the DB. From that point on, its up to the QB to help you maintain and increase your distance with a well placed pass. I haven't seen Hill do an effective job in getting off the Line.

Great job as usual.

Preciate that Maxman!!

Hill reminds me of Kieth Jackson who played for the Sooners. They were an option offense and did not throw much, but when they did, it was to him, and it was for big chunks of yardage. Yes he was generally wide open. Keith Jackson was an all-pro TE in the NFL. Hill has great speed and a desire to block and I think Hill will be a great pick who will pay dividends this season.

I dunno LWC611.. Keith Jackson was 6'2 245lbs of Explosion once he got the ball in his hands.. I would compare Clemson's TE Dwayne Allen to Keith Jackson. Hill reminds me of Tai Streets

Great Job Em.

Im in total agreement. I think Jordan White in the 7th was an insane pick up and I think the back end of our draft overall was very solid. I also agree with you with the Hill pick. I have to admit from what I've been hearing out of camp Im warming up to the kid, but it doesnt change that there were better, proven WR options on the board at the time we picked.

The only thing that this kid has against him is experience, the potential is obviously there, but he has to show and prove.Hopefully we didnt pick up such a "developmental project" in the 2nd round. There's still first round type talent in the early 2nd round meaning that these are guys that should be starting day one, not developing for a couple years. It seems like he's dropped as many big passes as he's caught in college. I was really hoping for Alshon Jeffery at that spot. Best hands in the draft imo, but you cant teach speed, and thats what the Jets seemed to to be going for. So far, Hill hasnt disappointed. If his hands can become as good as his speed then great, if his hands dont develop then we just drafted Usain Bolt.

Thanks VTF!! If Hill comes out and shows improvement... It'll then be time to get Bolt on the phone! LOL

And he was, I'm not sure where you expect him to be in order to be playing up to his 4.3 speed, the end zone? Florida? South Carolina, depending on which end zone they are driving toward?

And as for them to "expect him to contribute right away". Define contribute and you'll have said something, otherwise, you've kind of said something.

PS Your mouth to God's ears that Coples turns out to be as "not great" and "solid" as Richard Seymour.

That's coach speak for "We drafted your arse pretty high and you better come out here and perform like a 2nd Rd pick is supposed to"... Meaning, there's no time for "development"

I love the Stephen Hill pick. We'll see... :)

+1. Jeffery is too fat and slow, Hill has more upside and speed. Kills me how they ignore our first round pick. The guy was considered the best pass rushing end in the draft regardless of his motor.

Thanks VTF!! If Hill comes out and shows improvement... It'll then be time to get Bolt on the phone! LOL

Do you happen to know what Bolts 40 time is? I've tried to look it up but havent gotten anywhere. I doubt he runs a dub 4 40 but I know its probably some off the hook number.

Archived