DeVito Restructures Deal

Ryno the Jet

the case can be made that 5-tech pass rusher is a more important role than RT. if Coples can help the Jets defense get pressure without blitzing, thats huge.

I understand but having a hole for your running back in an offense that relies on that and the play action pass exclusively can help too.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how when it comes to Rex's defense they make sure to get a guy before the guy in front of him can't play. Yet on offense they will roll the dice with a right tackle and hope for the best.

Exaclty. And then they wonder why the offense is a 3 and out machine, and why the defense wears down at the end of games. Yoiu get the sense NOBODY does any analysis of this. We have some intern compiling this data -and then it's ignored.

Exaclty. And then they wonder why the offense is a 3 and out machine, and why the defense wears down at the end of games. Yoiu get the sense NOBODY does any analysis of this. We have some intern compiling this data -and then it's ignored.

Won;t be ignored this year. Gruden anyone? LOL

Has nothing to do with football. They did the contract over last year. That's what they should have ask for. They didn't. So I cannot see how that even comes into this.

In other major sports, you don't have to ask for a guaranteed contract. It simply is guaranteed.

Btw, I'm losing interest in this and have absolutely no desire to argue with you. But you running your business is much different than the NFL's business. In the NFL, like every other major sport, the employees are the product. NFL players get a raw deal compared to other sports. I think part of the problem is the relative shortness of NFL careers, and the players being unwilling to sit out an entire year in an effort to get their contract on par with that of other sports. The owners hold the economic power, and they use it. Which is why when a player holds the cards, I not only have no problem with him playing them, I encourage it.

In other major sports, you don't have to ask for a guaranteed contract. It simply is guaranteed.

Btw, I'm losing interest in this and have absolutely no desire to argue with you. But you running your business is much different than the NFL's business. In the NFL, like every other major sport, the employees are the product. NFL players get a raw deal compared to other sports. I think part of the problem is the relative shortness of NFL careers, and the players being unwilling to sit out an entire year in an effort to get their contract on par with that of other sports. The owners hold the economic power, and they use it. Which is why when a player holds the cards, I not only have no problem with him playing them, I encourage it.

Im the product in my business, my independent contractors are the product in their business and my associate Dr. is the product in his business. Seems very similar. The boss makes the rules. Follow the rules or get another job. Nobody forces anyone to be a superstar ballplayer. They could just as easy take their four year degree and grind out 40 years like you and I. With no owners and no NFL you don;t need players.

Im the product in my business, my independent contractors are the product in their business and my associate Dr. is the product in his business. Seems very similar. The boss makes the rules. Follow the rules or get another job. Nobody forces anyone to be a superstar ballplayer. They could just as easy take their four year degree and grind out 40 years like you and I. With no owners and no NFL you don;t need players.

It would be more similar if people bought tickets to see Woody Johnson. :)

I understand but having a hole for your running back in an offense that relies on that and the play action pass exclusively can help too.

there's a cliche about the draft you can't fix all the problems in 1 year.

there's a cliche about the draft you can't fix all the problems in 1 year.

Exactly

I traditionally like to complain about the draft, and how much smarter I am the then Jets GM because he didn't pick the players I like.

They have kind of ruined my fun this year. I have a hard time justifiably ripping this draft. The closest I can come is the Coples pick. I wanted Upshaw (IMO safe pick) or Ingram. In the end Coples was the smarter pick. Ingram personally may have more sacks then Coples, but I think Coples will have more of an overall impact on the defense. Other Jets players will have banner years because of the impact of Couples.

IMO Hill may be the steal of the draft. I would have taken him at 16 under the right circumstances. Davis i really didn't know much about, but after seeing the highlights of him, and listening to him talk I really like the guy in the 3rd..

Late in the draft they got a SS and a FS. Both IMO, at a position of need, have at least a chance to make the team, and actually contribute. White is a long shot with his speed but it's hard to deny he is a producer. RG II, well there's your project OL. The RB, seems to be a good selection at another position of need.

I really wanted a RT in this draft. They would have had to take one at 16 or 47 to have any hope of an impact this year. Not at all willing to sacrifice the players we drafted to fill that hole.

As Bit said, "You can't fix all the problems in one year"

All we can do is hope the CS knows something about Vlad or Hunter we don't know. Personally I'm hoping Vernon Carey finds his way into the Jets locker room

Exactly

I traditionally like to complain about the draft, and how much smarter I am the then Jets GM because he didn't pick the players I like.

They have kind of ruined my fun this year. I have a hard time justifiably ripping this draft. The closest I can come is the Coples pick. I wanted Upshaw (IMO safe pick) or Ingram. In the end Coples was the smarter pick. Ingram personally may have more sacks then Coples, but I think Coples will have more of an overall impact on the defense. Other Jets players will have banner years because of the impact of Couples.

IMO Hill may be the steal of the draft. I would have taken him at 16 under the right circumstances. Davis i really didn't know much about, but after seeing the highlights of him, and listening to him talk I really like the guy in the 3rd..

Late in the draft they got a SS and a FS. Both IMO, at a position of need, have at least a chance to make the team, and actually contribute. White is a long shot with his speed but it's hard to deny he is a producer. RG II, well there's your project OL. The RB, seems to be a good selection at another position of need.

I really wanted a RT in this draft. They would have had to take one at 16 or 47 to have any hope of an impact this year. Not at all willing to sacrifice the players we drafted to fill that hole.

As Bit said, "You can't fix all the problems in one year"

All we can do is hope the CS knows something about Vlad or Hunter we don't know. Personally I'm hoping Vernon Carey finds his way into the Jets locker room

My only issue of late is the "young project OL" we seem to take. Even Slauson was a project, but at least he was a late round pick, same as RTG. Ducasse was a 2nd round pick, but still a project. Brick and Mangold were the last OL we picked I believe that weren't projects. Even Moore was a DL before switching. I really wanted a RT to come in and contribute right away, but I hear they are really high on Austin Howard so we'll see. If he pans out, then fine, or if Ducasse steps up, fine. I just don't like the way they've treated the OL since Mangold and Brick.

That's not to say I don't like this year's draft, because I really do. I guess it's more the overall attitude towards the OL that has me baffled. Bringing in so many projects will catch up to a team, as it did with us last year.

My only issue of late is the "young project OL" we seem to take. Even Slauson was a project, but at least he was a late round pick, same as RTG. Ducasse was a 2nd round pick, but still a project. Brick and Mangold were the last OL we picked I believe that weren't projects. Even Moore was a DL before switching. I really wanted a RT to come in and contribute right away, but I hear they are really high on Austin Howard so we'll see. If he pans out, then fine, or if Ducasse steps up, fine. I just don't like the way they've treated the OL since Mangold and Brick.

That's not to say I don't like this year's draft, because I really do. I guess it's more the overall attitude towards the OL that has me baffled. Bringing in so many projects will catch up to a team, as it did with us last year.

Agree with every thing you said KS. Ducasse was a head scratcher in the second. The best thing that could happen is for him to have a break out year. That would leave Hunter as a very good back up. Under the circumstances it could happen. Not holding my breath.

I really like Carey, think it's possible he could be another Woody type. We'll see

Agree with every thing you said KS. Ducasse was a head scratcher in the second. The best thing that could happen is for him to have a break out year. That would leave Hunter as a very good back up. Under the circumstances it could happen. Not holding my breath.

I really like Carey, think it's possible he could be another Woody type. We'll see

Hopefully, once Sparano gets his first up-close look at Hunter and Ducasse he doesn't say "holy ******* sh*t!!! this is what we have???". I would love for them to step up, but I guess Carey is a fall back option since he had him in Miami.

My only issue of late is the "young project OL" we seem to take. Even Slauson was a project, but at least he was a late round pick, same as RTG. Ducasse was a 2nd round pick, but still a project. Brick and Mangold were the last OL we picked I believe that weren't projects.

keep in mind Slauson plays between 2 pro bowlers. it makes his job alot easier. when Mangold went down, Slauson didn't step up and help Colin baxter. he's a replacement grade starter. Wayne Hunter for all his flaws, has a much harder task. He plays in between Brandon Moore and air.

I'll never get why fans are so quick to side with management in these issues. This is typical of Tannenbaum, coming to a player after the FA period has effectively ended to inform him that they'll be cutting the guy's pay. I don't care what the man's origins might be, this is a scummy move. The "honorable thing" would be to do this before the FA signing period begins. If the Jets aren't going to want to pay him, at least they can give him a chance to get paid somewhere else. The Jets break contracts like this all the time.

I can't wait 'til Revis' next holdout so I can vehemently support him once again.

right because teams are responsible to make sure these guys who play a game professionally can make millions of dollars...its very dishonorable on their part for not making sure this guys gets paid. And what the hell is there problem not wanting to pay him. ...lol who are you...what fantasy land do you live in. wth are you talking about....lol

No. That's not how the contracts read.

A player has every right to demand full guarantee of a contract. In which case the bottom line of the contract would be 60% or more less.

It's what the market demands. Football isn't base ball. They only play 16 games. They have a hard salary cap, which has been very successful in keeping the game competitive and profitable for every one involved.

The teams have fulfilled their obligation to the contract. They aren't exercising their option. The player gets to keep the whole bonus

dont try to talk about common sense and facts on contracts here brother... guys on here think the big bad evil teams who make these guys millionaires for playing football are "not honorable" and "screw the little guy(little guy here is millionaire)".

its ridiculous,

Archived