A-Rod cant make up his mind...

Jet/BosoxFan

At the World Baseball Classic, nearly 200 MLB superstars will comprise 16 teams from 30 different countries.

here is a quote from ESPN.com:

Reigning MVPs Albert Pujols and Alex Rodriguez are among the prominent players that will take part in the 16-team tournament which will run from March 3-20. Pujols will play for his native Dominican Republic, while Rodriguez still is undecided whether he will be a part of the team from the Dominican or the United States.

A-Rod is still undecided as to whether he will play for the USA team or the Dominican Republic team. I think I speak for all Americans when I say:

Please, Alex, play for the Dominican Republic!!! Really! I insist! We're all set!!!

and that's why he is still undecided.

That's what I am hearing too. He was all set to play for the DR, but he is seriously considering his brother's current situation.

Personally, I think the Owners are fools for allowing the players to disappear from ST for up to 3 weeks, risking injury. If I was an owner, my answer is 'NO WAY". I'm paying you x millions. You play for me during the Baseball season, and there is a contract stipulated reporting date of March 1. No playing anywhere else after that date.

That's what I am hearing too. He was all set to play for the DR, but he is seriously considering his brother's current situation.

Personally, I think the Owners are fools for allowing the players to disappear from ST for up to 3 weeks, risking injury. If I was an owner, my answer is 'NO WAY". I'm paying you x millions. You play for me during the Baseball season, and there is a contract stipulated reporting date of March 1. No playing anywhere else after that date.

Or at least have it played in November, or a month before the start of the season. March is a bit late to be having this.

That aside, if A-Rod was born in the states, he should be representing them. It's nice and he has every right to have a cultural heritage, but it's basically an insult to be an American citizen and decide you don't even want to represent them. I'm proud of my Scottish heritage, but that would be like me wanting to play for Team Scotland, even though I've never actually lived there or even been there.

The latest is that Piazza wants to play for Italy. (Born in Pennsylvania)

Archived