Chris Paul flopping...the new Vlade Divac.

BroadwayJoe12

While I absolutely love Chris Paul as a player and would trade any player on the Knicks for him, his flopping is part of a pandemic in this league. Between him and Blake griffin, it's become painful to watch the clippers and they are easily one of my most disliked teams. I can't fault them entirely for doing it, for as long as the league rewards it, it's a smart play....just a grimy one that should be enforced with a technical.

Here you see Paul taking it to a new level...flopping against a damned referee. If I were a ref, that would be an automatic technical for me, there's no room for this in the game, it's becoming like soccer.

paulf.gif

I have to admit I was saying to myself when Blake went down...karma bitch.

Griffin's grown to be one of the most disliked players in the NBA for this reason alone. He has no problem elbowing Pau, Mozgov and whomever else in the face on the way up for a crazy dunk/offensive foul and then stare them down, but the second he gets touched, he flops to the ground and pleads to the ref. The NBA made an unfortunate mistake making him their new golden boy, because there's a huge contingency of fans than absolutely cannot stand him for this type of flopping.

I've been a huge SVG supporter in his movement for flopping to start being enforced with technicals. Yea it would be subjective, but so is the nature of the technical in general. I'd rather T up someone for this blatant flopping than for a player slamming a ball or slapping his hands after he is pissed at himself for making a mistake.

No, LeBron faggot James is the biggest flopper in the sport right now. He's Vlade all over again but maybe even worse. \

That said, I cant watch the Clippers play because those 2 are so bad.

Its a toss up between LeBron and Blake for the biggest whiney faggots in the sport IMO.

Griffin's grown to be one of the most disliked players in the NBA for this reason alone. He has no problem elbowing Pau, Mozgov and whomever else in the face on the way up for a crazy dunk/offensive foul and then stare them down, but the second he gets touched, he flops to the ground and pleads to the ref. The NBA made an unfortunate mistake making him their new golden boy, because there's a huge contingency of fans than absolutely cannot stand him for this type of flopping.

I've been a huge SVG supporter in his movement for flopping to start being enforced with technicals. Yea it would be subjective, but so is the nature of the technical in general. I'd rather T up someone for this blatant flopping than for a player slamming a ball or slapping his hands after he is pissed at himself for making a mistake.

It's hard to watch. It was brought here by the Euro's, but I never figured it would catch on to the American players. It went from flopping on charges to basically flailing your arms anytime someone breathes on you. And then of course we have to watch for a few minutes as the wither in pain on the ground so we feel sorry for them and tweet to them "I hope everything is ok."

Then 2 minutes later they're back in the game and everything is fine.

It's hard to watch. It was brought here by the Euro's, but I never figured it would catch on to the American players. It went from flopping on charges to basically flailing your arms anytime someone breathes on you. And then of course we have to watch for a few minutes as the wither in pain on the ground so we feel sorry for them and tweet to them "I hope everything is ok."

Then 2 minutes later they're back in the game and everything is fine.

Yea it's hard to watch, I know it bothers JVG and a lot of the old-school Knicks, I can't imagine what LJ, Ewing and Oakley think when they watch the games.

No, LeBron faggot James is the biggest flopper in the sport right now. He's Vlade all over again but maybe even worse. \

That said, I cant watch the Clippers play because those 2 are so bad.

Its a toss up between LeBron and Blake for the biggest whiney faggots in the sport IMO.

Oh Lebron is brutal, that screen that he took from Chandler, while hard, did not warrant the broadway-esque performance he gave after it. If his neck were that hurt from whiplash to be flailing and cringing, he should have been taken off the court. It's almost emberassing to watch him and wade drive to the hoop with their head down and just throw their head back and arms all over the place the second they initiate contact with someone else...but you know, stare down the ref the second a foul gets called on them.

Just saw this on twitter, absolutely love Vogel for saying this;

Frank Vogel took a verbal shot at the Heat on Thursday, apparently trying to draw the attention of officials in preparation of their Round 2 matchup.

"They are the biggest flopping team in the NBA," Vogel said. Roy Hibbert also made some comments about the Pacers being built from the ground up, and not just buying good players. The Pacers can talk all they want, but will obviously have to get it done on the court and find a way to slow down LeBron James and Dwyane Wade if they're going to pull off the upset.

Source: Miami Herald per rotoworld.com

We'll see if this evens up the calling a bit, doubtful. It's just impossible to get into an offensive rhythm when James and Wade are going to the line a combined 20 times a half.

Just saw this on twitter, absolutely love Vogel for saying this;

Frank Vogel took a verbal shot at the Heat on Thursday, apparently trying to draw the attention of officials in preparation of their Round 2 matchup.

"They are the biggest flopping team in the NBA," Vogel said. Roy Hibbert also made some comments about the Pacers being built from the ground up, and not just buying good players. The Pacers can talk all they want, but will obviously have to get it done on the court and find a way to slow down LeBron James and Dwyane Wade if they're going to pull off the upset.

Source: Miami Herald per rotoworld.com

We'll see if this evens up the calling a bit, doubtful. It's just impossible to get into an offensive rhythm when James and Wade are going to the line a combined 20 times a half.

It's an absolute joke and yea Melo and STAT aren't on the same stratosphere as LBJ, but you don't see them flopping around like him and Wade every time they go to the rim. Those two go up strong and seem to never get the calls from the ref because they refuse to flop on the play; instead they seem to have caught the ire of refs by screaming and 1 after they go up and get hacked. It's a joke that the league would rather you flail about than go up strong and call out and 1, so as to draw the attention to what was happening.

I'm assuming haywood is referring to, among others, this play against Miami:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=foaPMZxtzx4

It's an absolute joke and yea Melo and STAT aren't on the same stratosphere as LBJ, but you don't see them flopping around like him and Wade every time they go to the rim. Those two go up strong and seem to never get the calls from the ref because they refuse to flop on the play; instead they seem to have caught the ire of refs by screaming and 1 after they go up and get hacked. It's a joke that the league would rather you flail about than go up strong and call out and 1, so as to draw the attention to what was happening.

I'm assuming haywood is referring to, among others, this play against Miami:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=foaPMZxtzx4

That's just brutal. I love how he plays up the whole "freight train" thing and then goes and does stuff like this. You're the best player on the planet, dude. You really don't have to debase yourself like this.

Oh Lebron is brutal, that screen that he took from Chandler, while hard, did not warrant the broadway-esque performance he gave after it. If his neck were that hurt from whiplash to be flailing and cringing, he should have been taken off the court. It's almost emberassing to watch him and wade drive to the hoop with their head down and just throw their head back and arms all over the place the second they initiate contact with someone else...but you know, stare down the ref the second a foul gets called on them.

LeBron is the most talented player in the history of sports that I just cant stand watching. Usually players who are great that have sh*tty attitudes, I'll watch just because they are so amazing. Not this guy, I cant stand casually watching him play. No respect for that dude. His flopping is unbearable.

The Clippers are just pathetic. They should be embarrassed the way they play.

LeBron is the most talented player in the history of sports that I just cant stand watching. Usually players who are great that have sh*tty attitudes, I'll watch just because they are so amazing. Not this guy, I cant stand casually watching him play. No respect for that dude. His flopping is unbearable.

The Clippers are just pathetic. They should be embarrassed the way they play.

Truth. He was probably my favorite non-knick for the first four or five years in the league, but his last year and a half in cleveland, just about the time they started dancing around on the side and posing for fake pictures before and during the game was when I openly started to root against him. People always assume I dislike him because he spurned the knicks, but in actuality I would have had to swallow some pride to root for him if he donned the orange and blue. He's just an obnoxiously cocky player who tries to act like he's this tough, freight train of a player and goes and pulls stuff like this.

I can't think of a one of the all-time greats, in any sport, that I dislike watching as much as him...maybe Cristiano Ronaldo, but I think Lebron still beats him.

LeBron is the best when it comes to flopping. Its so obvious but the refs cannot "see" it for some reason. His one flop got Chandler a flagrant in Game 1, he was writhing in pain and was back in a few seconds. It made Van Gundy remark "If this was not a flop, all i'm saying is he recovered too quickly".

And that was not his only flop in this game.

Truth. He was probably my favorite non-knick for the first four or five years in the league, but his last year and a half in cleveland, just about the time they started dancing around on the side and posing for fake pictures before and during the game was when I openly started to root against him. People always assume I dislike him because he spurned the knicks, but in actuality I would have had to swallow some pride to root for him if he donned the orange and blue. He's just an obnoxiously cocky player who tries to act like he's this tough, freight train of a player and goes and pulls stuff like this.

I can't think of a one of the all-time greats, in any sport, that I dislike watching as much as him...maybe Cristiano Ronaldo, but I think Lebron still beats him.

Totally. LeBron is unbearable. Cant stand him, at all.

It was over for me with LeBron when the Magic whipped the snot out of the Cavs and he wasnt man enough to give them props. He wouldnt shake their hands and literally said that he wasnt going to congratulate an inferior opponent. The Magic won 4-1 in that serious but they were inferior? okay...

He's a punk bitch. Hate that ****er.

Griffin's a bitch. Paul is more galling though. The Sports Guy, in his latest execrable dispatch from inside his own a$$, would have you believe the guy is this gritty throwback. In reality he's no better than LeBron or Melo in the way he bigtimed New Orleans, and his flopping has reached a level that would make San Antonio United proud.

Having watched plenty of spurs games over the years, for the life of me I can't figure out why I don't dislike Manu as much as I do Paul, LBJ, Griffin and the rest for flopping, as he is one of the worst offenders of it. Maybe it's because he's european and I expect it? or just because he's a balding white man, who throws his body around without care of injury. It's hypocrital I know, but I can't figure it out. If I had to guess I would say that at least for LBJ and Griffin the difference to me lies in that they pretend to be these hardass, OG type players, yet despite their stature, are anything but. It always makes me wonder what guys like Oakley, Laimbeer, Rodman and those guys think of the current NBA.

Having watched plenty of spurs games over the years, for the life of me I can't figure out why I don't dislike Manu as much as I do Paul, LBJ, Griffin and the rest for flopping, as he is one of the worst offenders of it. Maybe it's because he's european and I expect it? or just because he's a balding white man, who throws his body around without care of injury. It's hypocrital I know, but I can't figure it out. If I had to guess I would say that at least for LBJ and Griffin the difference to me lies in that they pretend to be these hardass, OG type players, yet despite their stature, are anything but. It always makes me wonder what guys like Oakley, Laimbeer, Rodman and those guys think of the current NBA.

A bunch of diva pussies?

You gotta be kidding me. Laimbeer pioneered flopping. So much so that The Laimbeer Flop was a trademark. What he did in that Portland final is worse than anything Lebron or Paul has ever done. I think Duckworth even called him out on it.

You gotta be kidding me. Laimbeer pioneered flopping. So much so that The Laimbeer Flop was a trademark. What he did in that Portland final is worse than anything Lebron or Paul has ever done. I think Duckworth even called him out on it.

Really?? I honestly never saw him play live, his career ended when i was eight, I only remember his Bill Laimbeer Combat Basketball video game for super nintendo, watching replays on ESPN when he was part of the Bad Boys and hearing Rodman talk about him. Never watching full games of his play, I just figured he was cut from the same cloth as Rodman and Oakley. Learn something new every day.

Really?? I honestly never saw him play live, his career ended when i was eight, I only remember his Bill Laimbeer Combat Basketball video game for super nintendo, watching replays on ESPN when he was part of the Bad Boys and hearing Rodman talk about him. Never watching full games of his play, I just figured he was cut from the same cloth as Rodman and Oakley. Learn something new every day.

http://sports.espn.g...=neumann/070607

See #'s 1 and 5.

Laimbeer was a tool and a complete actress. Ditto for Rodman who set the bar so high for being a diva that nobody's come remotely close since. He pioneered the athlete reality show, starred in a movie with Van Damme, kicked a photographer in the nuts during a game, and showed up to a book signing in a wedding dress. And that was probably the more sane stuff.

The Detroit Bad Boys were clowns. Mahorn, Rodman, Laimbeer, and Zeke were all collosal douchebags and most certainly divas. Dumars is probably the only one that wasn't. There's a reason Jordan froze Zeke out of being on the Dream Team.

http://sports.espn.g...=neumann/070607

See #'s 1 and 5.

Laimbeer was a tool and a complete actress. Ditto for Rodman who set the bar so high for being a diva that nobody's come remotely close since. He pioneered the athlete reality show, starred in a movie with Van Damme, kicked a photographer in the nuts during a game, and showed up to a book signing in a wedding dress. And that was probably the more sane stuff.

The Detroit Bad Boys were clowns. Mahorn, Rodman, Laimbeer, and Zeke were all collosal douchebags and most certainly divas. Dumars is probably the only one that wasn't. There's a reason Jordan froze Zeke out of being on the Dream Team.

Damn man, I had no idea. I guess it just goes to show that it's such a revisionist history with a lot of these sports pundits on ESPN that after the players are done playing they get immortalized. I just always correlated the Bad Boys as being non-floppers from constantly hearing how they used to beat down on MJ being a bunch of tough, physical defenders. Well sh*t, I guess the only one of the players I mentioned that can stay is Oakley and that's because he's the only one, being on the Knicks, I watched play consistently. I followed Vlade's career religiously, being from yugoslavia...err serbia and croatia...so I knew he was a big flopper and of course Reggie MIller, but had no idea Laimbeer and some of the Bad Boys were on there.

Damn man, I had no idea. I guess it just goes to show that it's such a revisionist history with a lot of these sports pundits on ESPN that after the players are done playing they get immortalized. I just always correlated the Bad Boys as being non-floppers from constantly hearing how they used to beat down on MJ being a bunch of tough, physical defenders. Well sh*t, I guess the only one of the players I mentioned that can stay is Oakley and that's because he's the only one, being on the Knicks, I watched play consistently. I followed Vlade's career religiously, being from yugoslavia...err serbia and croatia...so I knew he was a big flopper and of course Reggie MIller, but had no idea Laimbeer and some of the Bad Boys were on there.

Let me put it this way. Laimbeer's flopping and dirty play were so outlandish that Nintendo created a science fiction basketball game in his honor set in the year 2030. No, I did not make that up.

haha yea man, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. That and the Bad Boy references were really all I knew of him, so I just assumed as an enforcer and "thug" he wouldn't be one to flop...apparently I was painfully wrong. No sarcasm, I actually appreciate being corrected, as I completely believed this, I just assume not make an a$$ of myself in public, which I certainly would have. If I believe something, I'll argue it to the death...hell, even if I know I'm wrong I'll still argue it to the death if I know the person across from me isn't too bright.

haha yea man, Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. That and the Bad Boy references were really all I knew of him, so I just assumed as an enforcer and "thug" he wouldn't be one to flop...apparently I was painfully wrong. No sarcasm, I actually appreciate being corrected, as I completely believed this, I just assume not make an a$$ of myself in public, which I certainly would have. If I believe something, I'll argue it to the death...hell, even if I know I'm wrong I'll still argue it to the death if I know the person across from me isn't too bright.

Welcome to sports. Way back when I was young athletes used to do herpa derpa derp derp. Older cats do the same sh*t with music too. They romanticize it to the point where they forget that Paul McCartney sang 'Why don't we do it in the road,' or that Jim Morrison whipped his dick out on stage and sang '**** her in the a$$.' People live to spit narrative and romanticize and throw down the judgement hammer. As evidenced by this forum. Such is life. At the end of the day all of these guys, in any medium, got it from somewhere.

Oh, everyone except Oakman. Oakman rules.

Archived