Lebron just wanted zero part of Miami's last possession

Matt39

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I have to watch the god damn Celtics in the Finals again, that is something I definitely will not be forgiving Lebron for.

Yep. Add this to the list of other reasons I hate LeBron. He's making me root for the Celts. ****er

LeBron is going to get killed in the press if they dont win this game, but unless he has a really bad game tonight I dont see how he gets the blame. When your entire bench disappears and you dont get 30 from Wade its tough to win in a 7 game series when teams clamp down. There is only so much he can do and hes the one guy that basically held up his end of the bargain.

I have to believe that unless the Heat are going to win it all its actually going to better for James to lose tonight than lose in a game 7 or lose to Durant, and unless OKC just gets Finals jitters they will slaughter the team from the East, in the Finals.

Lebron is capable of doing this every single ******* night, yet for some reason he doesn't. It's like his balls have to literally be against the wall for him to realize that he's ******* lebron james. I still get the feeling that he's going to shoot his wad in this first half and get no help from his team come the second. Kinda hope I'm wrong, because I really want to see a Lebron Durant finals.

Celtics don't have the offense to keep up IMO, they're done in this game. Wade can't possibly play any worse in the second either.

Pierce and Rondo haven't shown up at all.

:sign0103:

Rondo has 19 points and 5 assists at half time

when is the Lakers game tonight?

The Lakers lost to the best team in the league and are pretty irrelevant. Are you denying that Pierce is playing sh*t?

Lebron in GOAT mode right here, ridiculous momentum killing 3 there. If the Heat don't win this he should have Wade shot.

LeBron is going to get killed in the press if they dont win this game, but unless he has a really bad game tonight I dont see how he gets the blame. When your entire bench disappears and you dont get 30 from Wade its tough to win in a 7 game series when teams clamp down. There is only so much he can do and hes the one guy that basically held up his end of the bargain.

This times eleventy billion. I have no idea where this new age idea that guys win championships on their own comes from, but it's bizarre. You see it with guys like Melo and even Kobe to some degrees, but with Lebron it's flat out bizarre. The guy has been unreal this postseason. Not sure what anyone could want more from the dude. He's still one guy on a basketball court. Players don't win chips on their own. Never have and never will. Not Jordan, not Russel, not Magic, and certainly not Lebron. They lose this series and it's 100% on Wade. Guy took half the damn series off.

Unreal, all-time, Hall of Fame performance tonight. And you know what? He can still go **** a snow shovel as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. But WOW. Where the F has the guy been? Just even the expressionless look on his face. He looked like a different player.

Man possessed.

This times eleventy billion. I have no idea where this new age idea that guys win championships on their own comes from, but it's bizarre. You see it with guys like Melo and even Kobe to some degrees, but with Lebron it's flat out bizarre. The guy has been unreal this postseason. Not sure what anyone could want more from the dude. He's still one guy on a basketball court. Players don't win chips on their own. Never have and never will. Not Jordan, not Russel, not Magic, and certainly not Lebron. They lose this series and it's 100% on Wade. Guy took half the damn series off.

Exactly. LeBron was incredible last night and is averaging 34 ppg in the series, but they still might lose because the rest of the team are no-shows.

LeBron had 30 points at half, but the Heat were only up by 10 and that was with Pierce and Garnett shooting a combined 30% from the field. That's all we need to know.

LeBron's insane performance last night might have been all for naught if Garnett and Pierce played better.

Its the problem with all the media now compared to media back when all those other guys played. The majority of the sports media back then basically showed a few highlights, gave a score, and that was that. I mean championships were certainly important but normally you would always get excuses for not winning (Marino had no running game, Elway had no defense, Jordan blocked everyone, etc...) rather than completely bashing a player for never winning it. I could see if Lebron lost and no-showed, which kind of happened in his last year with Cleveland against the Celtics, but the guy has been great in the playoffs the year. With Wade only showing up every now and then is it really much different than what he had in Cleveland?

The worst thing to ever happen to Lebron was being drafted to play in the East. He was so good early on and the conference so awful that his first two years saw the team in no mans land where they would win 40 games and lose almost all chance for a high lottery pick. Durant goes to the West where the competition is so strong they win all of 20 end up with Westbrook and Harden, get lucky on Ibaka and now you have a great team of all young guys that can play. Does anyone think they would have had a chance of doing that if he was drafted by a team like the Pacers? No chance. They would win their 40 games or so, get a poor draft pick, and try to find NBA castoffs to fit around him to make a run. Durant would get killed for never winning, not to mention you will always get a pass in the West for losing because of Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, etc... being established veterans to stand in the way.

Thats not a knock on Durant. Hes my favorite player in the NBA and if he ever got that killer streak in him would score a bazillion points a game, but to think he would be in the Finals right now playing with guys like Lebron played with in Cleveland is crazy.

Excellent point, Jason. LeBron playing in the East definitely was a detriment early on because the team was never able to get top talent again.

The NBA draft is one of the things that suck about the sport. There're no bona fide superstars found in the late 1st and 2nd round. The closest is Rondo, picked 21st overall. Essentially, every superstar is a lottery pick. Durant, Westbrook and Harden (the 6th man!) were all lottery picks. Wade & LeBron too, along with Pierce, KG, and Allen.

Of the 15 players that got votes in the 2011-12 MVP balloting, only 2 weren't lottery players (Parker & Rondo).

Excellent point, Jason. LeBron playing in the East definitely was a detriment early on because the team was never able to get top talent again.

The NBA draft is one of the things that suck about the sport. There're no bona fide superstars found in the late 1st and 2nd round. The closest is Rondo, picked 21st overall. Essentially, every superstar is a lottery pick. Durant, Westbrook and Harden (the 6th man!) were all lottery picks. Wade & LeBron too, along with Pierce, KG, and Allen.

Of the 15 players that got votes in the 2011-12 MVP balloting, only 2 weren't lottery players (Parker & Rondo).

Thats why all those teams would take fliers on foreign players in the past. Nobody wants to be locked into a player picked in the teens and beyond so this defers paying and in many cases they used to hope the guy would never come over. The NBA is probably the toughest sport to get better in because the talent pool in so bad and some drafts produce nobody, but its also the one you get better in the fastest when you get one of those great guys in the draft since one guy makes that much difference.

Its the problem with all the media now compared to media back when all those other guys played. The majority of the sports media back then basically showed a few highlights, gave a score, and that was that. I mean championships were certainly important but normally you would always get excuses for not winning (Marino had no running game, Elway had no defense, Jordan blocked everyone, etc...) rather than completely bashing a player for never winning it. I could see if Lebron lost and no-showed, which kind of happened in his last year with Cleveland against the Celtics, but the guy has been great in the playoffs the year. With Wade only showing up every now and then is it really much different than what he had in Cleveland?

The worst thing to ever happen to Lebron was being drafted to play in the East. He was so good early on and the conference so awful that his first two years saw the team in no mans land where they would win 40 games and lose almost all chance for a high lottery pick. Durant goes to the West where the competition is so strong they win all of 20 end up with Westbrook and Harden, get lucky on Ibaka and now you have a great team of all young guys that can play. Does anyone think they would have had a chance of doing that if he was drafted by a team like the Pacers? No chance. They would win their 40 games or so, get a poor draft pick, and try to find NBA castoffs to fit around him to make a run. Durant would get killed for never winning, not to mention you will always get a pass in the West for losing because of Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, etc... being established veterans to stand in the way.

Thats not a knock on Durant. Hes my favorite player in the NBA and if he ever got that killer streak in him would score a bazillion points a game, but to think he would be in the Finals right now playing with guys like Lebron played with in Cleveland is crazy.

Combo of that and bad management. Ferry and Paxson was a terrible GM's, and the Cavs had blown a bunch of lottery picks leading up to Lebron (Wagner, Diop). They traded Andre Miller for Darius Miles and got played by Boozer. That joke of a trade with Wallace and Joe Smith. I didn't really have any pity for the Cavs as a franchise when he bounced, they had plenty of opportunities to show him they were competent enough to surround him with some help and failed over a long enough time span to justify bailing. Their last ditch effort to show him they could was Antawn Jamison, I mean come on.

Combo of that and bad management. Ferry and Paxson was a terrible GM's, and the Cavs had blown a bunch of lottery picks leading up to Lebron (Wagner, Diop). They traded Andre Miller for Darius Miles and got played by Boozer. That joke of a trade with Wallace and Joe Smith. I didn't really have any pity for the Cavs as a franchise when he bounced, they had plenty of opportunities to show him they were competent enough to surround him with some help and failed over a long enough time span to justify bailing. Their last ditch effort to show him they could was Antawn Jamison, I mean come on.

I've made no secret of how I feel about LeBron, but this x100000. No sympathy whatsoever for Ferry or the rest of those dolts, especially once Gilbert showed his a$$ Comic Sans style.

I dont feel bad for Cleveland either. It was poorly managed both before and after James. I do feel bad for their fans because of how James handled the departure. Even Favre wasnt as drama filled as that with all his nonsense. If James just did a normal free agency signing, like everyone else in the league, every Cavs fan would have killed management for doing such a crappy job of surrounding him with talent but instead James turned a whole city on him. Plus with the way he ran all around the league pretending to be interested he made it that much easier for every city except Miami to hate him,

I dont feel bad for Cleveland either. It was poorly managed both before and after James. I do feel bad for their fans because of how James handled the departure. Even Favre wasnt as drama filled as that with all his nonsense. If James just did a normal free agency signing, like everyone else in the league, every Cavs fan would have killed management for doing such a crappy job of surrounding him with talent but instead James turned a whole city on him. Plus with the way he ran all around the league pretending to be interested he made it that much easier for every city except Miami to hate him,

I think he was willing to listen to New York's pitch. It didn't make sense for him not to. But all reports had it that Walsh's presentation to him was downright awful. Just a Ross Perot-style series of graphs and videos displaying fiscal rewards and Donnie looking decrepit in his wheelchair. I'm sure Dolan being present for it didn't help things either.

I think he was willing to listen to New York's pitch. It didn't make sense for him not to. But all reports had it that Walsh's presentation to him was downright awful. Just a Ross Perot-style series of graphs and videos displaying fiscal rewards and Donnie looking decrepit in his wheelchair. I'm sure Dolan being present for it didn't help things either.

True and by all accounts Lebron and everyone in his camp, not that they have any discernible decision-making skills between them, said it was one of if not the worst presentation they saw. But do you think there was anything the knicks or anyone could have realistically offered that would have taken him away from the superfriends and miami??

Let's not forget their inability to make deals at the deadline in multiple seasons - sitting on Szczerbiak's expiring in 2009 when they could've moved it for a still capable enough Shaq and then not being able to pull the trigger on a deal for Amar'e's expiring in LeBron's walk year by not being willing to part with perennial All-Star JJ Hickson until it became too late.

I have absolutely no beef with him for leaving Cleveland, but everything else that he did following the 2010 trade deadline (quitting in Boston, "The Decision", the dopey pep rally, etc) is reason enough to think he's a complete tool - and more than enough reason for me to hope he fails to ever win an NBA Championship.

Archived