I need some advice from Xbox 360/PS3 gamers

Bombdirt

Yeah, it's definitely a fun time. The only thing they restrict your freedom on a bit is that since you're supposed to be the "good guy" they don't give you a whole lot of lenience in killing other good folks. But beyond that, feel free to kill the enemy as much or as little as you see fit.

It's sort of strange. Given the choice in games that offer at least some facet of moral freedom, I'll always opt to play the role of the good guy. It doesn't necessarily matter if I will or won't maul an entire city of civilians; I just want to know that I can. Games that force me from point A to point B always get on my nerves. That's why I like the GTA series and Skyrim so much. They're pretty much glorified sandboxes that allow free reign (to an extent).

It's sort of strange. Given the choice in games that offer at least some facet of moral freedom, I'll always opt to play the role of the good guy. It doesn't necessarily matter if I will or won't maul an entire city of civilians; I just want to know that I can. Games that force me from point A to point B always get on my nerves. That's why I like the GTA series and Skyrim so much. They're pretty much glorified sandboxes that allow free reign (to an extent).

I hear you man, trust me, I've had more than a few times in various different games in the AC series where thing haven't gone right and I got annoyed and started slaughtering civilians until the point the game decided it had enough and threw me back to the last checkpoint. On the other hand, there's usually more than enough "bad guys" around to start killing if you really feel the need, so it's usually not too tough of a situation.

I hear you man, trust me, I've had more than a few times in various different games in the AC series where thing haven't gone right and I got annoyed and started slaughtering civilians until the point the game decided it had enough and threw me back to the last checkpoint. On the other hand, there's usually more than enough "bad guys" around to start killing if you really feel the need, so it's usually not too tough of a situation.

And as a gamer, that's all I want: just some evil people to dispense justice upon and a little leeway to progress how I wish. I thought the plot of GTA IV was boring and repetitive for the most part, but the core freedom was there like it always has been, so I can respect that. I could do what I wanted, whenever I felt like it (which, fittingly, meant following the storyline of the game).

And as a gamer, that's all I want: just some evil people to dispense justice upon and a little leeway to progress how I wish. I thought the plot of GTA IV was boring and repetitive for the most part, but the core freedom was there like it always has been, so I can respect that. I could do what I wanted, whenever I felt like it (which, fittingly, meant following the storyline of the game).

Actually felt the same way about GTA IV, it was fun but definitely far from my favorite in the series. I had actually stopped playing it for a few months before finally going back and finishing the story. I definitely liked Red Dead Redemption better as well as the Infamous games (especially the second one). But I've certainly liked what I've heard so far about GTA V. I've been playing Arkham Asylum lately which is pretty fun, it has a similar setup but definitely isn't quite as open, but I've heard that Arkham City is setup as much more open, in the GTA mold.

Archived