What the hell is going on with the officiating this postseason?

RutgersJetFan

There was absolutely no rhythm to that game with 52 fouls called...yep, 52... some of which were beyond horrendous. Pretty impressed that both teams combined to make 67 of the 70 free throws, but it was just a choppy a$$ game to watch, very similar to the Knicks Heat game one, minus the blowout. If I were a betting man, I would bet OKC hard for tomorrow's game.

It was ridiculous at times, Kobe got the worst calls which is to be expected with a superstar at home, but the whole game was unwatchable. Tried to stay up and watch it, but it was a free throw contest.

Anyways, NBA always seems a bit dodgy at times to me.

Know what was worse? Hansbrough just checking if his nose was bleeding and then walking away. Like wow, you mean you don't have to flail your arms our and act like you just got shot in the face? I thought that was a rule now.

Grit.

Know what was worse? Hansbrough just checking if his nose was bleeding and then walking away. Like wow, you mean you don't have to flail your arms our and act like you just got shot in the face? I thought that was a rule now.

He'll get a stern letter from the league office telling him to sell it a bit more next time, as he's making the golden boys look like pussies in comparison.

If the league has any shred of integrity left, Miami should be playing Game 6 without both Haslem and Pittman.

What will be ridiculous is that if Haslem does earn a 1-game suspension (while Pittman clearly deserves longer), you just know the league will suspend Hansbrough as well, even though there's no sign of intent and he was trying to make a play on the ball.

If the league has any shred of integrity left, Miami should be playing Game 6 without both Haslem and Pittman.

What will be ridiculous is that if Haslem does earn a 1-game suspension (while Pittman clearly deserves longer), you just know the league will suspend Hansbrough as well, even though there's no sign of intent and he was trying to make a play on the ball.

Pittman will get multiple games to shield Haslem's dirty play. Haslem wont be suspended I don't think.

Udonis Haslem's foul on Tyler Hansbrough is almost certain to be upgraded to a flagrant-two, a person familiar with league matters said.

While a suspension is not automatic with an upgrade, suspending Haslem for Game 6 has not been ruled out.

Come on guys. A suspension has not been ruled out. FAIRNESS!

Love the Haslem foul!!! UD had enough of the fake tough guy act from Granger and the hard fouls from Indy. Props to him. Pittman is a dumb a$$ and that was uncalled for, yet it still made me smile to see Stevenson choking. hahahahahaahaha

Would you love the Haslem foul if he was appropriately suspended for it? It was stupid. There are other ways to send a message.

Could you imagine if Meta World Peace made that play? He'd be suspended into next season.

Props to Hansbrough. If that was Lebron or Wade, they would have limped all over the Arena before returning the line up. Homey, just shrugged it off and knocked down his throws and then had no fear go back in the paint and getting dirty again.

Props to Hansbrough. If that was Lebron or Wade, they would have limped all over the Arena before returning the line up. Homey, just shrugged it off and knocked down his throws and then had no fear go back in the paint and getting dirty again.

He's got a lot of intangibles.

Would you love the Haslem foul if he was appropriately suspended for it? It was stupid. There are other ways to send a message.

Could you imagine if Meta World Peace made that play? He'd be suspended into next season.

Haslem isn't Metta World Peace so let's not pretend he is. One hard foul deserves another. No problem with Haslem being sidelined for a game. If it's anything more than that it's a complete joke. Tyler's a big boy and by his reaction he knew he had it coming. As for another way to send a message, we did by piling up 70 points between Wade and Haslem and all that got was Wades eye busted. Between Granger getting in everyones face after fouls and Haslems eye being stiched up and then Wade getting cut open enough was enough.

Haslem isn't Metta World Peace so let's not pretend he is. One hard foul deserves another. No problem with Haslem being sidelined for a game. If it's anything more than that it's a complete joke. Tyler's a big boy and by his reaction he knew he had it coming. As for another way to send a message, we did by piling up 70 points between Wade and Haslem and all that got was Wades eye busted. Between Granger getting in everyones face after fouls and Haslems eye being stiched up and then Wade getting cut open enough was enough.

I didnt say he was Metta, I said what if Metta made that foul? Its a hypothetical question.

And if you truly believe sending a message is worth a game suspension, then you're a bigger moron than Haslem. He's been one of the key difference makers in switching the tides of the series (that and LeBron putting his big boy pants on). To risk any kind of suspension (which he should have been ejected and suspended) because one hard foul deserves another is stupid and completely irresponsible and could cost your team.

Miami is getting what they deserved with hard fouls. When you flop as much as them, hard fouls are what follows. Actually give them a reason to act like their arm got ripped off. Wade's eye got busted for being a dirty, flopping little faggot.

You should just count your lucky stars that LeBron decided to play like the best player in the world and Wade remember what making a basket was like, otherwise, you're fate of another failed championship would end with Indiana, instead of waiting for the Finals again.

That's hardly the issue. The problem is that the Chandler foul in Game 1 gets called on the spot a F-2, while Haslem's foul where intent was clear as day gets called a F-1. The problem is that Wade can launch himself like a missile into someone's back and nothing happens. Donaghy testified that officials being swayed a certain way by the league most definitely happens and the shamelessness at which it's being enacted this year for the Heat is pathetic. Throw in the fact that Miami has made a living off of trying to trick the officials this postseason and it makes it that much worse. I get that you're a fan, and that's cool, but part of you has to be watching this crap with a bit of trepidation.

I didnt say he was Metta, I said what if Metta made that foul? Its a hypothetical question.

And if you truly believe sending a message is worth a game suspension, then you're a bigger moron than Haslem. He's been one of the key difference makers in switching the tides of the series (that and LeBron putting his big boy pants on). To risk any kind of suspension (which he should have been ejected and suspended) because one hard foul deserves another is stupid and completely irresponsible and could cost your team.

Miami is getting what they deserved with hard fouls. When you flop as much as them, hard fouls are what follows. Actually give them a reason to act like their arm got ripped off. Wade's eye got busted for being a dirty, flopping little faggot.

You should just count your lucky stars that LeBron decided to play like the best player in the world and Wade remember what making a basket was like, otherwise, you're fate of another failed championship would in with Indiana, instead of waiting for the Finals again.

I hope we flop all the way to the finals just to piss you off.

You should just count your lucky stars that LeBron decided to play like the best player in the world and Wade remember what making a basket was like, otherwise, you're fate of another failed championship would in with Indiana, instead of waiting for the Finals again.

This +1

nobody flops like the Heat do. You look at them wrong they flop.

This +1

nobody flops like the Heat do. You look at them wrong they flop.

Which is extra annoying because they really don't need to. I used to kind of like Wade before the whole decision fiasco but now I'm looking forward to taking a weird kind of satisfaction when his legs start to go.

Archived