is this the year the Jets win the Superbowl??

Blackout

Why? Because our offense sucks. Totally and completely sucks. We'll be lucky to score 10 points a week on offense. Defense has to score and shut down opponents to give Sanchize & Teblow a chance to win it.

I'm confused. Blackout said the Jets defense is going to be the best in the league and you said it would have to be a once in a generation type defense. Which would imply that there is currently a once in a generation defense in the league they'd have to out play.

Or are you saying, our offense is going to stink sooooo bad, that for our defense to be the best in the league it would have to be once in generation type to compensate for the position the offense will constantly be putting our defense in? Which would make sense, but not really considering the Jets had the best defense in the league in 09 while playing with the worst QB in the league that season.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. The offense sucked last year, ranked 25th in total yards (one spot ahead of the 13-3 49ers), but a more respectable 13th in scoring. I expect this year's offense to be at least a little better than the one where Mark Sanchez set the franchise record for TD passes.

No he didnt, Vinny had the most TD passes (29). Sanchez broke the record for most TD's in a season which included his running TD's. He had 26 passing TD's which actually tied Namath and someone else I'm pretty sure...Kenny O???

No he didnt, Vinny had the most TD passes (29). Sanchez broke the record for most TD's in a season which included his running TD's. He had 26 passing TD's which actually tied Namath and someone else I'm pretty sure...Kenny O???

I stand corrected, just total TDs. Everyone's right, he sucks.

Just looked it up, Kenny O threw 25 twice, Todd did it once.

Why? Because our offense sucks. Totally and completely sucks. We'll be lucky to score 10 points a week on offense. Defense has to score and shut down opponents to give Sanchize & Teblow a chance to win it.

I honestly think the offense is going to surprise a lot of people this year, and I'm not a major Sanchez guy.

Think Sanchez will have about the same amount of total TD's this year , and about half the TO's. The defense is going to set them up, and with the young WR's they are going to bust some long plays, and still be very effective in the redzone.

We'll see how it all plays out about week 8

It's possible. If the offense averages 20pts. or higher a game, very possible. Thats a big IF, but i think they have the defense to do some damage.

That shouldn't be an "if" at all. You have to go back to '07 to find a Jet team that averaged less than 20 ppg, and that year Kellen Clemens had nearly half the team's pass attempts. Last year they averaged 23.6. I don't think they ever crossed 24 under Schottenheimer, so that's the barrier I'd be hoping they break this year.

\

Or are you saying, our offense is going to stink sooooo bad, that for our defense to be the best in the league it would have to be once in generation type to compensate for the position the offense will constantly be putting our defense in? Which would make sense, but not really considering the Jets had the best defense in the league in 09 while playing with the worst QB in the league that season.

And did we win in '09? No. Because it wasnt a once in a generation defense. It was really good, but not good enough to overcome our sh*tyy offense.

We wont have a once in a generation defense this year either, and will finish 7-9 and Rex run out of town.

I honestly think the offense is going to surprise a lot of people this year, and I'm not a major Sanchez guy.

Think Sanchez will have about the same amount of total TD's this year , and about half the TO's. The defense is going to set them up, and with the young WR's they are going to bust some long plays, and still be very effective in the redzone.

We'll see how it all plays out about week 8

I would love to see Sanchize perform well and shove it up everyone's asses and win. I just dont think it will happen. This year is going to be like a car sliding down an icy hill... it will be slow and painful and unable to avoid the eventual car wreck at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq-K9RJndcs

And did we win in '09? No. Because it wasnt a once in a generation defense. It was really good, but not good enough to overcome our sh*tyy offense.

We wont have a once in a generation defense this year either, and will finish 7-9 and Rex run out of town.

This is turning into a semantics debate but Blackout didnt say anything about winning, just that they'd have the best defense in the league. You said it would take a once in a generation defense to achieve that designation. It wont take that and thats where I jumped in. Whatevs.

And technically, they did win, they made the playoffs with the same record the Giants had this season...just didnt bring home hardware.

I think the Jets win double digit games this season because the defense is going to be nasty and Sanchez is going to the pro bowl.

This is turning into a semantics debate but Blackout didnt say anything about winning, just that they'd have the best defense in the league. You said it would take a once in a generation defense to achieve that designation. It wont take that and thats where I jumped in. Whatevs.

And technically, they did win, they made the playoffs with the same record the Giants had this season...just didnt bring home hardware.

I think the Jets win double digit games this season because the defense is going to be nasty and Sanchez is going to the pro bowl.

once in a generation to win the superbowl.

They didnt win a Superbowl in 2009... Making the playoffs means sh*t to me. Win a championship.

once in a generation to win the superbowl.

They didnt win a Superbowl in 2009... Making the playoffs means sh*t to me. Win a championship.

I love when Jets and Mets fans talk this way. We are so spoiled.

You got to be in it to win.

Why the hell not? The Jets are way overdue. This is a winning equation:

Rex Ryan>>>Rich Kotite+Eric Mangini+Bruce Coslet+Herman Edwards

So Ryan is better than 4 Jets loser coaches combined? So what? Parcells was better than Ryan and those same 4 losers all together, and how many Lombardis did he bring the Jets?

If Ryan were better than Coughlin or Belichick, then your team would have a chance, but he's simply not in their league -- and the Jets FO isn't anywhere close to the Gnats or Pats' FOs, either. In fact, the Jets FO is a real impediment to the team improving significantly. Tannenbaum wastes draft picks with his wheeling and dealing, gambles on first/second round projects, and makes contracts that make it impossible to dispatch troublesome or unproductive players (ie, Holmes) without severe cap consequences.

The Jets missed the playoffs last season. They were 2 plays from having a losing season: the Romo interception against Dallas and the Stevie Johnson drop of a sure TD against the Bills. They didn't make many moves to fill their most glaring holes, aside from drafting Coples, who will convert from 4-3 to 3-4, and Hill, who will be expected to catch the ball a whole lot more than he did in college. The Jets also seem determined to run an offensive scheme (ground and pound) that they don't really have the personnel for.

The first order of business for the Jets is making the playoffs before their fans can even think Super Bowl, and getting into the post season is likely to be harder than in recent years since the Bills will put a significantly improved defensive team on the field along with their already decent offense. The Pats look to have shored up their defense and seem bent on collecting as many TEs on their roster as possible for some undoubtedly nefarious reason. Miami is a mystery with an all new coaching staff, but they seem to be able to beat the Jets at least once a year, and that may be the highlight of their season.

A single 8-8 season was apparently so devastating that we now have BILLS fans trolling us. Yeah, this is rock bottom.

If I was trolling, you'd know it. I just think it's foolish for fans of any AFCE team except NE to be thinking Super Bowl at this point in the season, or more precisely, off-season. Too much is unknown at this point, especially with a new coaching staff in Miami, a new OC and offensive staff in NY, and a new DC and defensive system and players in Buffalo.

If Ryan were better than Coughlin or Belichick, then your team would have a chance, but he's simply not in their league

Agreed but give Rex Ryan Tom Brady or Eli Manning during his tenure in NY and we're hoisting at least 1 Lombardi.

If I was trolling, you'd know it. I just think it's foolish for fans of any AFCE team except NE to be thinking Super Bowl at this point in the season, or more precisely, off-season. Too much is unknown at this point, especially with a new coaching staff in Miami, a new OC and offensive staff in NY, and a new DC and defensive system and players in Buffalo.

Holy sh*t, Dave Wannestedt is the reason for optimism in Buffalo?

And why are the Jets and the Bills grabbing coaches from the worst team in the division?

If Ryan were better than Coughlin or Belichick, then your team would have a chance, but he's simply not in their league

So it's your stance that the success of the Giants and Pats, and the lack of success for the Jets are entirely dependent on these HCs, and nothing else? You don't by any chance see any significant difference in any other position of importance for a football team like say, oh I don't know, QB?

They were 2 plays from having a losing season:

You mean as opposed to the Bills, who actually had one? You are aware that the Bills have lost 8 of their last 9 games, right? Just checking.

The first order of business for the Jets is making the playoffs before their fans can even think Super Bowl

You mean the way they did in back to back seasons prior to last year? And how they were on pace to do so before their issues at the end of last season?

and getting into the post season is likely to be harder than in recent years since the Bills will put a significantly improved defensive team on the field along with their already decent offense.

Again, the Bills have lost 8 of their last 9. They haven't even made the playoffs in any of the past 12 seasons and it's been 8 years since they've had a winning season (a season in which they laughably lost to third stringers in the last game of the season to be kept out of the playoffs). The defense has to prove they've got what it takes on the field and that "already decent offense" is run by a QB who has yet to show the ability throughout his career to play football anytime after October. Sure the Pats are still on top, but beyond that the Bills (and Phins) have to worry about the Jets being in their way a hell of a lot more than the other way around.

Again, the Bills have lost 8 of their last 9. They haven't even made the playoffs in any of the past 12 seasons and it's been 8 years since they've had a winning season (a season in which they laughably lost to third stringers in the last game of the season to be kept out of the playoffs). The defense has to prove they've got what it takes on the field and that "already decent offense" is run by a QB who has yet to show the ability throughout his career to play football anytime after October. Sure the Pats are still on top, but beyond that the Bills (and Phins) have to worry about the Jets being in their way a hell of a lot more than the other way around.

AMEN!

Archived