is this the year the Jets win the Superbowl??

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. It is.

Despite not having a pro-bowler at every position and having one of the worst rosters in the league, yes. The Jets will win the SB. Why? How? Tim Tebow.

the Giants just won the SB last year

Wonderlic Scores:

Brees: 28

Rodgers: 35

Brady: 33

Peyton: 28

Tebow: 22

Sanchez: 28

Eli: 39

I don't know how this is relevant I just wanted an oppurtunity to share this information.

basically this shows me Eli is the smartest QB and therefore the best?

If i could pry tebows manhood out of your mouths for a minute....

I was speaking to a couple of steeler fans over the weekend and it got me thinking of when big ben came into the league. They simplified the offense(read dumbed down) and limited rapelisbergers reads to only 1 half of the field. IMO, the Jets have teh opportunity to do this with Luigi's new offense. Simplify it, keep it to the play action and roll outs that the sanchize excels at and when he does have to drop back and throw it, limit his reads since that seems to be something he struggles with doing in time alotted in the pocket. either that or we can hope that the time alotted becomes more available but I have very little confidence in Hunter.

I can honestly say that I feel good about the other 10 players we have starting on O.

The problem with this reasoning is that Roethlisberger was a rookie. Maddox got hurt in the 2004 season opener. Sanchez has already started 53 NFL games. If he still needs the game simplified for him, then there's something wrong with him.

to be honest with you the less you have a QB do the better when it comes to the mental aspect of playing the position. I think this was one of the drawbacks of Shottys system. I would be willing to bet the offenses of some of the better QB's in the league are exactly like this relying more on the ability of the QB rather than flooding him with tons of information in the span of 3 -4 seconds. Giving the QB the ability to read the defense and have less on his plate when he drops back helps any QB IMO rather than having to worry about both. So give Sanchez more ability to read the defense and change the play accordingly exactly how Manning does it.

This makes no sense. You are talking about opposites. Reading a defense is the major "mental aspect of playing the position"! Furthermore, it's Sanchez's inability to make pre-snap reads (and post-snap ones as well) that has been his downfall over the last season and a half.

yes Manning is a very smart QB but I dont think the plays they ran with the Colts were overly complicated at all giving Manning more time to read the defense rather than worry about reading what his receiver was going to do as well. Manning read the defense then relied on his talent to get the ball where it needed to go. I think Sanchez can do that if given the chance to finally keep the same skill players for more than one season and not try to run a ridiculously complicated offense. We shall see ...no matter how you slice it the main thing Sanchez has to do is cut down on stupid turnovers and I think he will be just fine,

QBs don't read what their receivers are "going to do". They read the defense and expect their receivers to read it the same way so they are where they are supposed to be when the ball is thrown. That's a function of learning the playbook and learning to read/recognize defenses.

The problem with this reasoning is that Roethlisberger was a rookie. Maddox got hurt in the 2004 season opener. Sanchez has already started 53 NFL games. If he still needs the game simplified for him, then there's something wrong with him.

This makes no sense. You are talking about opposites. Reading a defense is the major "mental aspect of playing the position"! Furthermore, it's Sanchez's inability to make pre-snap reads (and post-snap ones as well) that has been his downfall over the last season and a half.

QBs don't read what their receivers are "going to do". They read the defense and expect their receivers to read it the same way so they are where they are supposed to be when the ball is thrown. That's a function of learning the playbook and learning to read/recognize defenses.

I was basing some of the things I said on shottys offense and what some players had to say about it. There is a reason why WR and QB were not always on the same page and a lot of it had to do with the design of the offense. I dont need a lesson on what QB;s are supposed to do and how offenses work Im just well aware what we had here the last 6 years was a dysfunctional mess. I expect Sanchez to make huge strides in the comming years and I hope the Jets continue to add dynamic skill players to liven up this offense.

Sanchez has already started 53 NFL games. If he still needs the game simplified for him, then there's something wrong with him.

And yet, the fact that he's still capable of playing QB after the month of October still makes him the second best QB in the division. So go figure, huh?

To say they'll win a Super Bowl is a huge stretch. Will they compete for the division? Eh, even that is a stretch with how good the Patriots figure to be. But we have a guy in Tebow now that's embracing whatever role is given to him. He'll be great at keeping drives going on third and short. Sanchez has a fire lit under his ass and it's showing already. He packed on a bunch of muscle, he looked crisp yesterday and he's already got the playbook down. Hill won't be the waste or space Plax was between the 20s. This kid can stretch and field and make the blocks we need in a Sparano offense.

9 or 10 wins and a wild card.

not at all

they have a legit defense which is always a postive

i just hope we have depth at running behind Greene

And I think their defense will be close to 2009 levels. But they're still not even a top 5 team in their own conference. Could they win a Super Bowl? Sure. But it's a stretch to think they will.

And I think their defense will be close to 2009 levels. But they're still not even a top 5 team in their own conference. Could they win a Super Bowl? Sure. But it's a stretch to think they will.

i think the Jets defense will benefit when Tebow goes in at starter around week 4 or 5

but Sanchez will set us up in some bad spots with interceptions those first few weeks

Edited by Blackout

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets go 7-9. They have as inconsistent a QB (or QBs) as there are in the league. They're thin and young at receiver. Old and injury prone at safety and LB. So we'll see. This season could go either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets go 7-9. They have as inconsistent a QB (or QBs) as there are in the league. They're thin and young at receiver. Old and injury prone at safety and LB. So we'll see. This season could go either way.

Curious, what is your basis for saying the Jets are injury prone at LB? Only serious injury they've had at that position in quite some time was Thomas, and that was the first real injury of his career. He had missed all of 3 games in his career prior to that. Even at safety, the only player I think you could classify as injury prone would be Landry.

Curious, what is your basis for saying the Jets are injury prone at LB? Only serious injury they've had at that position in quite some time was Thomas, and that was the first real injury of his career. He had missed all of 3 games in his career prior to that. Even at safety, the only player I think you could classify as injury prone would be Landry.

Calvin Pace broke his foot. And getting older isn't going to help much when it comes to fighting off injury. I think I just fear for the worst so that I won't be let down haha.

Calvin Pace broke his foot. And getting older isn't going to help much when it comes to fighting off injury. I think I just fear for the worst so that I won't be let down haha.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying there aren't certainly reasons things could turn out a lot worse than we'd hope, but health isn't usually one of my biggest concerns with this team.

Fair enough, and I'm not saying there aren't certainly reasons things could turn out a lot worse than we'd hope, but health isn't usually one of my biggest concerns with this team.

Me either. On that note, Rex called off a drill today because he was afraid of WRs and hamstring problems. The Jets are lucky to have one of if not the best trainers in the league. They'll do their best to make sure the team is healthy, as will the coaching staff.

That's a fair point. Actually, the Jets have been extremely fortunate regarding the injury bug the last few years.

Meh. Revis was hurt and not the same when he returned. Jenkins went down his last two seasons. Pace with the foot. Thomas was hurt. Leonard was hurt his last 2 seasons. Mangold was hurt last year. Turner got hurt too. It's not like we've been void of injuries.

Meh. Revis was hurt and not the same when he returned. Jenkins went down his last two seasons. Pace with the foot. Thomas was hurt. Leonard was hurt his last 2 seasons. Mangold was hurt last year. Turner got hurt too. It's not like we've been void of injuries.

Injuries happen to all teams. No one stays totally injury free. That said, Jets haven't lost multiple starters and key back ups to lengthy or season ending injuries in the past few years. Revis got hurt because he held out and tweaked his hammy upon his return. Pace played all 16 games last year and missed what 4 games each of the 2 years before? Thomas missed a bunch of games. Leonhard missed what, 3-4 games last year? Mangold only 2 games out? Like I said, pretty tame on the injury front.

Injuries happen to all teams. No one stays totally injury free. That said, Jets haven't lost multiple starters and key back ups to lengthy or season ending injuries in the past few years. Revis got hurt because he held out and tweaked his hammy upon his return. Pace played all 16 games last year and missed what 4 games each of the 2 years before? Thomas missed a bunch of games. Leonhard missed what, 3-4 games last year? Mangold only 2 games out? Like I said, pretty tame on the injury front.

Not disagreeing.

Leonhard 2 years in a row. Jenkins 2 years in a row. Bryan Thomas out of the year. Rob Turner out of the year. Ropati out of the year. Woody went down for an extended period. Pace missed 4 games 2 years in a row. Washington went out for the year.

The Jets have had their fair share of injuries.

we don't draft china dolls like Wes Welker and Lawrence Maroney

Wha? I'll give you Maroney. He sucks. But Wes has been a little warrior who gets absolutely hammered in the middle and always gets up for more. His return from a massive knee injury is nothing short of inspring.

And besides. Pats didn't draft him.

Wha? I'll give you Maroney. He sucks. But Wes has been a little warrior who gets absolutely hammered in the middle and always gets up for more. His return from a massive knee injury is nothing short of inspring.

And besides. Pats didn't draft him.

Nothing short of inspiring?!?

:face:

• 2 weeks later...