Tim Tebow Talks About Special Teams

JetNation

Post image for Tim Tebow Talks About Special Teams

Tim Tebow spoke to the media on Thursday and gave his thoughts on playing special teams.

On if his situation with the Jets is much different than his situation in Denver…
Obviously it is different, a different environment, different people. But as far as going out there and having fun and making the best of every opportunity – I mean that is very similar. (I am) just trying to enjoy it. I love playing the game of football and I am feeling very blessed to do so.

On the last time he made a tackle on special teams…
I would have to say never.

On if making a tackle on special teams would be a first…
It will be.

On if he is worried about blocking on special teams…
Not really. I don’t think it will be too bad. (You) kind of get out of the way and run down there. It probably won’t be too hard.

On running down on punt coverage…
You know it is definitely something that I am trying to get used to. It is unique. But it is fun and I have a good time out there.

On if he has ever covered a punt on any level…
No I haven’t.

On if Coach Ryan or coach Westhoff approached him about playing on special teams…
They both did.

On his reaction to playing on the punt team…
I’ll do whatever I can to help the team.

On if today’s practice was the first time he worked on the punt team…
No. (The first time was on) Monday.

On if he’s practiced on special teams since the start of OTAs…
Yes we have.

On worrying about being injured playing special teams…
No, when you start thinking about injuries, then that’s probably when you’re going to get injured. I just go out there and have fun and try to do my job to the best of my abilities (and do) whatever I’m asked to do.

Someone send this line of questions and answers to the Idiots at ESPN and NFL network. If there was a full blown QB controversy in NY, like these idiots are trying to make fans believe, no way in hell Tebow gets any where close to special teams. He was brought in here to fill multiple roles and with his attitude he will do that just fine with no complaints.

1. Wildcat

2. Special Teams

3 Bring a positive attitude to a team that desparately needed it

Someone send this line of questions and answers to the Idiots at ESPN and NFL network. If there was a full blown QB controversy in NY, like these idiots are trying to make fans believe, no way in hell Tebow gets any where close to special teams. He was brought in here to fill multiple roles and with his attitude he will do that just fine with no complaints.

1. Wildcat

2. Special Teams

I agree

4. H-back, with Sanchez on the field as QB

1. Wildcat

2. Special Teams

The controversy starts when Sanchez struggles and/or Tebow excels in the wildcat, not in the OTAs. It's encouraging that Sanchez was "the best QB on the field" the other day, but both these guys are gonna have good and bad days thru training camp. On the day that Sanchez throws two picks in practice, and Tebow throws the 80 yard TD, it will be alive and well. When Sanchez throws two picks in a game, it'll be full blown.

Not quite sure I agree with the special teams duties for our backup QB

Last thing we want is Elroy McEroy behind center for meaningful snaps

Disagree

Think McElroy is going to be in the league as a back up a very long time.

I even suspect if Sanchez should go down for more then 1 game McElroy will be the starter, and Tebow will continue in his current role. Hope we don't find out the answer to that

The controversy starts when Sanchez struggles and/or Tebow excels in the wildcat, not in the OTAs. It's encouraging that Sanchez was "the best QB on the field" the other day, but both these guys are gonna have good and bad days thru training camp. On the day that Sanchez throws two picks in practice, and Tebow throws the 80 yard TD, it will be alive and well. When Sanchez throws two picks in a game, it'll be full blown.

picture this... week one everyone has been drinking hard aka tailgating all morning. you a extra good buzz going because it's week one and you have been waiting months for football. We lose the toss and the Bills defer 1st series Mark runs out there drop back for a pass and Mario Williams lines up over old Wayne Hunter and beats him like a drum.Mark release the ball early and he under throws the rock and Stephon Gilmore gets his 1st int and pick 6 and he totally deflates the home crowd. 60%-70% of the stadium is Buzzing hard, full of energy and now are PISSED.. Who ever does not think the TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW chants don't start right away is delusional

picture this... week one everyone has been drinking hard aka tailgating all morning. you a extra good buzz going because it's week one and you have been waiting months for football. We lose the toss and the Bills defer 1st series Mark runs out there drop back for a pass and Mario Williams lines up over old Wayne Hunter and beats him like a drum.Mark release the ball early and he under throws the rock and Stephon Gilmore gets his 1st int and pick 6 and he totally deflates the home crowd. 60%-70% of the stadium is Buzzing hard, full of energy and now are PISSED.. Who ever does not think the TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW chants don't start right away is delusional

picture this...mario bites hard on a play action pass, and sanchez hits hill for a 50 yard TD !!!! woooo !!!!!!

picture this...mario bites hard on a play action pass, and sanchez hits hill for a 50 yard TD !!!! woooo !!!!!!

Honestly I really really hope this is what happens. I want Mark to successful and I believe he gives us the best chance to win week in and out. But it's drunken mob mentality that worries me.. I just hope Mark is mentally tough enough this year to endure some of these sh!t storms because it will inevitably happen.

I thing that this is what Mark needs, (pushing) I thing he's got all the tools just needs the motivation. No other NFL team has a no2 that's going to push like Tebow. Lets see what he's got when the chips are down.

I'm routing for the kid and this is the push he needs.

It's a long proven fact and it was confirmed in Denver, Tebow is nothing but a S/T's blocker for the punter and is to big-dumb-slow to ever be anything in the NFL .> book-it<

He's nothing more than a Jet's 'charity case' right now, and that's all he'll ever be.... :character0053:

Archived