What would happen if..

RyanBe_Tweetin

Let's say Tebow takes Sanchez's job and get's us into the playoffs. What would we do with Sanchez? Do we trade him? Do we cut him? Does his Sanchez's extension make it financially impossible to make either one of those moves right away and if so when could we make those moves?

Let's say Tebow takes Sanchez's job and get's us into the playoffs. What would we do with Sanchez? Do we trade him? Do we cut him? Does his Sanchez's extension make it financially impossible to make either one of those moves right away and if so when could we make those moves?

If Tebow takes Sanchez's job then we aren't making the playoffs.

Denver defense is worse and he got them their. So...

There*. And so what? That means nothing. Different team, different division, different teammates. Sanchez would probably have to go 0-4 or worse to be replaced. That's a huge hole and Tebow sucks.

There*. And so what? That means nothing. Different team, different division, different teammates. Sanchez would probably have to go 0-4 or worse to be replaced. That's a huge hole and Tebow sucks.

Agreed. but at the same time to say Tebow means no playoffs after watching last year is a little irrational. What are you Crazy? Carl?

If Tebow takes Sanchez's job, what do we with Sanchez? I think the better question is "If Tebow takes Sanchez's job what do we do?" period. For Tebow to take Sanchez's job long term, Sanchez would probably have to play worse than he did last year or suffer a fairly catastrophic injury. Either way, I don't see the Jets being in very good shape if either of those scenarios play out.

Hell, even if Sanchez got hurt in preseason, I don't see Tebow taking the Jets to the playoffs in a division where Tom Brady has showed no real indication that he's slowing down (God, it feels like he's been around for 200 years, RETIRE you a$$hole).

I guess the Jets could trade Sanchez. I doubt they cut him.

thats crazy but i just dont know, what i dont get why bring him here if not crazy about sanchez go with somebody else.Get drew hell give up sanchez and a 1st or something is been to long without a SB

You're right...much deeper hole than 1-4 like the Broncos before Tebow took over.

You're right...much deeper hole than 1-4 like the Broncos before Tebow took over.

stallowned_143.jpg

Agreed. but at the same time to say Tebow means no playoffs after watching last year is a little irrational. What are you Crazy? Carl?

To be fair Crusher, expecting Tebow to pull off what he did last year playing the way he did is completely irrational. The guy had an amazing streak of luck. It's not like they were winning games because of his amazingly high level of performance.

Don't like to engage in "what if" games, but it's still May and I think Tebow taking over is a legitimate Plan B for the Jets. Rex is arrogant enough about his defense to believe that he can win a championship running the wishbone on offense. I think all Sanchez really needs to do to hold onto his job is cut back on the turnovers. Conversely, all he has to do to lose it is throw a couple game losing pick sixes. Either scenario is completely plausible.

If Sanchez is so terrible that Tebow wins the job, Sanchez would have to go. Handing the reins to Tebow would be a clear signal that they were done with Mark. But if Mark played that poorly, it's doubtful that he'd have much -if any- value in a trade.

I do think that Rex would get a real kick out of winning with Tebow at QB. Tebow is the ultimate ground & pound QB. I think it would also be fun for the potty-mouthed toe-sucker to have Jesus as his QB. He seems like a guy who appreciates that kind of irony.

0-4 in AFC East = 0-8 (or worse) in AFC West

Or have you so quickly forgotten that their respective teams finished with the same exact record, with one team winning their division and the other being 5 wins behind their division winner and missing the playoffs entirely?

To be fair Crusher, expecting Tebow to pull off what he did last year playing the way he did is completely irrational. The guy had an amazing streak of luck. It's not like they were winning games because of his amazingly high level of performance.

Except in the fourth quarter of games, where his passer rating was approximately 312. But games aren't won in the fourth quarter, damnit.

0-4 in AFC East = 0-8 (or worse) in AFC West

Or have you so quickly forgotten that their respective teams finished with the same exact record, with one team winning their division and the other being 5 wins behind their division winner and missing the playoffs entirely?

Not sure what you point is...did or didnt Tebow pull his team from a 1-4 start to make the playoffs?

Except in the fourth quarter of games, where his passer rating was approximately 312. But games aren't won in the fourth quarter, damnit.

Tebow's 4th quarter passer rating was a pedestrian 81.3, Mark Sanchez's was 83.6.

I can also use EY's favorite argument against the Sanchez lovers, who defend him with his 4th quarter comebacks, against Tebow: if he didn't play so bloody awful in the first 3 quarters he wouldn't have had to come back.

Not sure what you point is...did or didnt Tebow pull his team from a 1-4 start to make the playoffs?

It's irrelevant. My point is that you're making an extraordinarily flawed comparison, considering that what happened on a completely different team in a completely different division has little relevance to anything that would or could happen with the Jets this year. Forget your Tebow hard-on for a moment and consider that, barring an injury to Brady, an 0-4 start for the Jets would already all but eliminate their chances of a division win.

Yeah, but c'mon, their division sucked, in the playoffs they were one and do-

No, actually, they beat the Steelers in the playoffs.

It's irrelevant. My point is that you're making an extraordinarily flawed comparison, considering that what happened on a completely different team in a completely different division has little relevance to anything that would or could happen with the Jets this year. Forget your Tebow hard-on for a moment and consider that, barring an injury to Brady, an 0-4 start for the Jets would already all but eliminate their chances of a division win.

The dude said he couldnt pull the Jets out of an 0-4 hole I said why not? He pulled the Broncos out of a 1-4 hole, its not that much deeper.

Not sure what the big deal is...I provided zero content beyond that. lol. You've taken one factual comment and expanded it into hypothetical mode. Point being, you dont know how the season will play out. I'm pretty confident we'll be playing for a WC, period...so how do you know that I wasnt saying he could pull us out of a 1-4 start to make the WC?

The dude said he couldnt pull the Jets out of an 0-4 hole I said why not? He pulled the Broncos out of a 1-4 hole, its not that much deeper.

Not sure what the big deal is...I provided zero content beyond that. lol. You've taken one factual comment and expanded it into hypothetical mode. Point being, you dont know how the season will play out. I'm pretty confident we'll be playing for a WC, period...so how do you know that I wasnt saying he could pull us out of a 1-4 start to make the WC?

Yes, I remember that game, did you think I had forgotten it? Who's side do you think I'm on?

The "why not" is because it was proven just last season that the same mediocre record that you're crediting Tebow for digging the Broncos out to in a far weaker division isn't good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC East. Not sure what's so difficult to grasp about that. The point is that regardless of who the QB is, the likelihood of either one leading the Jets to the playoffs with the same record their respective team had last season is slim at best.

The "why not" is because it was proven just last season that the same mediocre record that you're crediting Tebow for digging the Broncos out to in a far weaker division isn't good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC East. Not sure what's so difficult to grasp about that. The point is that regardless of who the QB is, the likelihood of either one leading the Jets to the playoffs with the same record their respective team had last season is slim at best.

The Broncos sucked, maybe Tebow wins an extra game or 2 with a better team like the Jets. Maybe the AFC has more .500 teams and one slips into the WC spot.

Your speculation is not better than mine and really had nothing to do with my original comment. <3

Tebow's 4th quarter passer rating was a pedestrian 81.3, Mark Sanchez's was 83.6.

I can also use EY's favorite argument against the Sanchez lovers, who defend him with his 4th quarter comebacks, against Tebow: if he didn't play so bloody awful in the first 3 quarters he wouldn't have had to come back.

Overall, yes, his 4th quarter passer rating was 81.3, but through week 15 it was 106, and the Broncos won many of those games. I'm not saying those wins were all him, not by a longshot, but to say he had nothing to do with them is an overstatement.

The Broncos sucked, maybe Tebow wins an extra game or 2 with a better team like the Jets. Maybe the AFC has more .500 teams and one slips into the WC spot.

Your speculation is not better than mine and really had nothing to do with my original comment. <3

Well the AFC hasn't had a .500 WC team since the divisions were redone, so I would hardly hold my breath for that. It's true that a few more wins could do the trick, but that's part of the point, the Jets would need better QB play than either of these guys put out last year in order to come back from that kind of early season deficit and sad to say, the division would probably be almost impossible at that point, regardless of the QB.

Overall, yes, his 4th quarter passer rating was 81.3, but through week 15 it was 106, and the Broncos won many of those games. I'm not saying those wins were all him, not by a longshot, but to say he had nothing to do with them is an overstatement.

Through week 15? Come on, you have to realize how bad it is when you are cherry-picking stats and in the process eliminating of all games, the ones to finish the season. I'm sure Sanchez's numbers would only be helped by doing the same, but that's not how it works. Is it your stance that his awful performances down the stretch are completely irrelevant because of the Broncos getting unbelievably lucky that the rest of their division did the same in order to hand the Broncos a playoff berth?

Through week 15? Come on, you have to realize how bad it is when you are cherry-picking stats and in the process eliminating of all games, the ones to finish the season. I'm sure Sanchez's numbers would only be helped by doing the same, but that's not how it works. Is it your stance that his awful performances down the stretch are completely irrelevant because of the Broncos getting unbelievably lucky that the rest of their division did the same in order to hand the Broncos a playoff berth?

So, you're saying he had nothing to do with their season last year, which was my original point.

And, by the same token, we should not count Sanchez' first two playoff wins in his rookie season because the Jets were basically handed the Colt game to get them into the playoffs, right?

And no, there is no helping Sanchez numbers, unless you want to concentrate on specific drives.

I'm not saying we'd definitely be better with Tebow last year or this year for that matter. My original point was that Tebow had at least a little something to do with them going to the playoffs.

So, you're saying he had nothing to do with their season last year, which was my original point.

And, by the same token, we should not count Sanchez' first two playoff wins in his rookie season because the Jets were basically handed the Colt game to get them into the playoffs, right?

And no, there is no helping Sanchez numbers, unless you want to concentrate on specific drives.

I'm not saying we'd definitely be better with Tebow last year or this year for that matter. My original point was that Tebow had at least a little something to do with them going to the playoffs.

So, it's ok to cherry pick Tebow's numbers but not Sanchez's even though Sanchez's overall numbers are better and oh by the way he's got the most 4th quarter comebacks in the NFL since he entered the league?

Archived