Competition BBQ class...

joebabyny

For anyone into real bbq, cooking, and pitmasters tv show...

Signed up for Myron Mixon's Jack's Old South comp bbq school. Tonight was the meet&greet. It was also his birthday so his wife threw him a surprise party while we were there. It was a pretty big crowd, i estimate 50-60 people taking the class. We are gonna go over all the comp entries, brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, and his specialty, whole hog. Myron seems like a good guy, seemed very gracious and appreciative of everyone that came. Looking forward to picking up a few things to use for football seaon. I'll have a writeup on TGJ when the class ends.

myronmixonschool2.jpg

myronmixonschool1.jpg

Cool Joe. You going to take part in some competitions yourself?

We are toying with that idea for next summer. This summer I am running around getting an education and looking for things I can incorporate into the tailgatejoe parties. I may be heading to Texas in 2 weeks for another class and to tour a smoker pit manufacturer.

Wish I could but my schedule isn't playing ball, I was checking that out the other day after seeing your fb post.

As I am sure you were told at school, passion is a huge part of the BBQ process. Congrats on having that :)

We are toying with that idea for next summer. This summer I am running around getting an education and looking for things I can incorporate into the tailgatejoe parties. I may be heading to Texas in 2 weeks for another class and to tour a smoker pit manufacturer.

Your living the life I would if my grandfather bought me a vasectomy instead of a baseball glove for 8th grade graduation.

5th kid in 8 years did me in @ 33

I can't fathom that kind of responsibility. I can't even commit to a geographic region of the country to live in!! My biggest commitment is deciding where my favorite sneakers will stay, ny or fl, lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived