JN Mafia: Capture the Flag

The game was alright in design I think

the biggest problems were the random trivia questions and the investigation ability

I don't see that knowing who is on what team would have been that useful

I think a Watcher ability would have been better

Or maybe some kind of Sensor

GG everyone and thanks for modding JiF

Edited by Nolder
  • Upvote 1

JiF,

The game structure was better than the commentary...thought we could have used a vote thief or something to offset the voting in tandem...you were correct in our QT that the more organized team early held a better chance...appreciate your efforts...thanks.

• Upvote 1

It had potential. Think it needed a tweak here or and a tweak there. Could have started it off better but really couldnt think of a way to figure out who got the flag. Thought that would be a funny way to do it while everyone just ripped me the whole time. Essentially, a typical day 1, JiF style, where everyone got weird. You guys didnt take it well. Ha. Even as a mod after all the bitching I was over it, hence the lack of commentary. Thanks for the feedback. I knew most of the work was going to be done behind scenes but I thought that would be an interesting twist.

@ Nolderp - the investigation ability was the way you could figure out teams. If you could figure out the teams thats how you could get around revealing to team up. Thought it would come in play...really didnt.

The along awaited and overly anticipated game of Capture the Flag, Mafia style brought you by the greatest scum hunter ever didnt quite live up to its hype. Some say, it was the ego-maniac mod who started the game off on the wrong foot by asking a bunch of questions about himself. Others will say, it was the fact that only DM'ers and the Sand Man were alive down the home stretch. Whatever the case may be, the game sucked. Its sucked big hairy donkey balls. Yet, it could have been so amazing.

As the game started winding down, the Flag only switched hands one time. Vicious89x better known as VicGod, proved how he earned such a nickname by taking a stab in the dark one night with the ability to pick one player from the group and steal the flag. The Jedi of Mafia proceed to guess correctly, it was Verbal who was originally given the flag as a lost member of the Green team. Boom! VicGod was right and the blue team asked him to carry the flag the rest of the way. As he watched his team get decimated, one by one, it stayed with VicGod all the way to the end of the game and then, he was lynched, and the flag finally went to a different team:

The Green Team Captured the Flag!!!!

Congrats to Verbal, Nolder, Sharrow and Jack D.

I was originally on this team so I consider it a win. Hip hip hooray Green Team!

Teams:

Red Team - Leelou, SMC, Lily and lost member JC

Blue Team - JF80, Vic, CTM and lost member Ape

Green Team - Sharrow, Nolder, Verb and lost member Jack D.

Yellow Team - Cruhser, Christina, Pac and lost member Tina

I was the lost Green team member, dipsh*t.

Btw, this was why i was playing nuts the first day - trying to signal that something was different - aka I was looking for my team. CTM and a few others noted my weird play, but nobody fished for me. Bitches.

• Upvote 1

hey JiFruit. What do you think of St Augustine beach vs Tybee Beach in GA (if you're familiar with it)?

the ladyfriend and I are heading to Tampa, Orlando then Savannah GA next week. When driving from Orlando to GA she wants to hit a beach. Originially I was thinking Tybee but read some reviews that make it look like kind of a dog track. I heard about St Augustine from a buddy in Tampa and it looks to be right off 95 so shouldn't be too out of the way. In your self-described expert opinion, what do you recommend?

and we're also hitting Siesta beach in St Pete early on which I heard was great.. Personally I hate the beach but I have to let her pick a couple things to do.

Edited by Pac2566

hey JiFruit. What do you think of St Augustine beach vs Tybee Beach in GA (if you're familiar with it)?

the ladyfriend and I are heading to Tampa, Orlando then Savannah GA next week. When driving from Orlando to GA she wants to hit a beach. Originially I was thinking Tybee but read some reviews that make it look like kind of a dog track. I heard about St Augustine from a buddy in Tampa and it looks to be right off 95 so shouldn't be too out of the way. In your self-described expert opinion, what do you recommend?

and we're also hitting Siesta beach in St Pete early on which I heard was great.. Personally I hate the beach but I have to let her pick a couple things to do.

If you go to St Augustine...a very good buddy just opened his own brewery there. Mile Marker Brewing Co.

http://www.milemarkerbrewing.com/

The Beer is awesome! Great atmosphere and people.

So what do I get if I say Jimmy from NY sent me? A kick in the balls?

after a slanty eyed look of disgust...pretty much. If you did go I'd give you my real name and stuff... but you'd have to say we know each other from like sitting together at a game or something. Never thought about it before but saying we're e-friends on a football site might not work...lulz.

Anyway, just getting some pub out there for this beer too...as I might be working for them some day. If you do actually for some ungodly reason run into it, do let me know. :)

I used to live in St. Pete and Orlando. St. Augustine is nice.

after a slanty eyed look of disgust...pretty much. If you did go I'd give you my real name and stuff... but you'd have to say we know each other from like sitting together at a game or something. Never thought about it before but saying we're e-friends on a football site might not work...lulz.

Anyway, just getting some pub out there for this beer too...as I might be working for them some day. If you do actually for some ungodly reason run into it, do let me know. :)

I know your name: *.*. F******

and I wouldn't say we're internet pals.. way too lame. I'd say I knocked you out when we were younger but then we became friends when we saw each other at a Jet game.

If it's near the Alligator Farm jizoint, I might stop there for a pop.

Edited by Pac2566
  • Upvote 1

If you are going to Savannah, then I hope you are going to the Historic District. I loved going there, and I cannot wait to go back.

We're stay 10 min from there.. going to do that theater broadway type thingy they got as well as a ghost tour at night.. cause that's how I roll.

I know your name: *.*. F******

and I wouldn't say we're internet pals.. way too lame. I'd say I knocked you out when we were younger but then we became friends when we saw each other at a Jet game.

If it's near the Alligator Farm jizoint, I might stop there for a pop.

perfect

why don't you keep heading south, return to the motherland and stop stealing my healthcare, esse?

Edited by CTM
  • Upvote 1