JN Mafia: Capture the Flag

why don't you keep heading south, return to the motherland and stop stealing my healthcare, esse?

What do you call a Polack in Puerto Rico?

Polack.

I've never been to the "motherland" but when I do I'm going to get in a cab and ask them to drive me straight to the part of the city where we beat up Polish dudes.

• Upvote 1

I was the lost Green team member, dipsh*t.

Btw, this was why i was playing nuts the first day - trying to signal that something was different - aka I was looking for my team. CTM and a few others noted my weird play, but nobody fished for me. Bitches.

Ha! My bad.

Vic's decision to steal the flag from you was epic. You should read the QT around that time. Guy is a ****ing Jedi.

hey JiFruit. What do you think of St Augustine beach vs Tybee Beach in GA (if you're familiar with it)?

the ladyfriend and I are heading to Tampa, Orlando then Savannah GA next week. When driving from Orlando to GA she wants to hit a beach. Originially I was thinking Tybee but read some reviews that make it look like kind of a dog track. I heard about St Augustine from a buddy in Tampa and it looks to be right off 95 so shouldn't be too out of the way. In your self-described expert opinion, what do you recommend?

and we're also hitting Siesta beach in St Pete early on which I heard was great.. Personally I hate the beach but I have to let her pick a couple things to do.

Hmmm...how long you staying in Savannah? Tybee is very close and similar to St. Augustine from a historic perspective, just less to do and ok beach

St. Aug is pretty cool, not only the history of the city but its pretty fun too, if your looking for that.. Lots of good restaurants, bars, touristy sh*t (forts, historic sites, lions gate bridge, yadayada.) But the its sounds like you're looking for a nice beach which its good for because Its on the intercoastal right at the river mouth. Whats cool about the beaches, is both sides are very different. On the south side its flat soft white sand big beach type and on the north side its like coquina shell and sand mixed and its sloped and with less beach. Both pretty quiet.

So yeah, Auggie is a nice beach cool place if you really want to stop but Savannah is only about 3 hours north and Tybee is only about 20 minutes from Savannah.

Edited by JiF

Hmmm...how long you staying in Savannah? Tybee is very close and similar to St. Augustine from a historic perspective, just less to do and ok beach

St. Aug is pretty cool, not only the history of the city but its pretty fun too, if your looking for that.. Lots of good restaurants, bars, touristy sh*t (forts, historic sites, lions gate bridge, yadayada.) But the its sounds like you're looking for a nice beach which its good for because Its on the intercoastal right at the river mouth. Whats cool about the beaches, is both sides are very different. On the south side its flat soft white sand big beach type and on the north side its like coquina shell and sand mixed and its sloped and with less beach. Both pretty quiet.

So yeah, Auggie is a nice beach cool place if you really want to stop but Savannah is only about 3 hours north and Tybee is only about 20 minutes from Savannah.

Well we're really only going to have about 3-4 hours to spend at either one. We're driving from Orlando to Savannah which I guess takes about 5 hours.. I want to check into the hotel by 6 so that means either driving an hour and a half and stopping for a few hours at Augustine or driving the whole 5 and going to Tybee before the hotel.

I think Augustine definitely the way to go... i read a little more about Tybee and apparently it's usually packed and parking is a nightmare. are the north and south beaches in SA somewhat close to each other? if not, which one do you recommend? I think I saw some Alligator farm zip line b.s. that kind of sounds fun. Where should I park in Augustine? I ask because with limited time I don't want to spend 30 minutes tooling around trying to find the best place to park.

Edited by Pac2566

Well we're really only going to have about 3-4 hours to spend at either one. We're driving from Orlando to Savannah which I guess takes about 5 hours.. I want to check into the hotel by 6 so that means either driving an hour and a half and stopping for a few hours at Augustine or driving the whole 5 and going to Tybee before the hotel.

I think Augustine definitely the way to go... i read a little more about Tybee and apparently it's usually packed and parking is a nightmare. are the north and south beaches in SA somewhat close to each other? if not, which one do you recommend? I think I saw some Alligator farm zip line b.s. that kind of sounds fun. Where should I park in Augustine? I ask because with limited time I don't want to spend 30 minutes tooling around trying to find the best place to park.

It really all depends on what you want. The city of St. Augustine like downtown, doesnt have a beach. You'll have to go south to like, Anastasia Park. The Alligator Farm is right up the road. Parking isnt an issue unless you want to go downtown and walk around, that way I'd suggest to just bite the bullet and pay to park as soon as you find one because you can dick around for a half hour trying to find parking. But downtown, beaches and alligator farm are all to far apart for walking and each have their own parking.

Going north of the river takes you too far off the beaten path to get back to 95. I dont know the exits but either cr 207 or 214 will get you there off 95. 214 takes you through the heart of downtown which is cool and leads to all the rest.

It really all depends on what you want. The city of St. Augustine like downtown, doesnt have a beach. You'll have to go south to like, Anastasia Park. The Alligator Farm is right up the road. Parking isnt an issue unless you want to go downtown and walk around, that way I'd suggest to just bite the bullet and pay to park as soon as you find one because you can dick around for a half hour trying to find parking. But downtown, beaches and alligator farm are all to far apart for walking and each have their own parking.

Going north of the river takes you too far off the beaten path to get back to 95. I dont know the exits but either cr 207 or 214 will get you there off 95. 214 takes you through the heart of downtown which is cool and leads to all the rest.

So Anastasia Park as it's conveniently off 95 and somewhat near Alligator Farm. Check.

I couldn't care less about downtown St Augustine.. if I had more time maybe, but with only 4 hours to spare gotta go straight to beach. Suns out guns out and stuff.

Edited by Pac2566

hey JiFruit. What do you think of St Augustine beach vs Tybee Beach in GA (if you're familiar with it)?

the ladyfriend and I are heading to Tampa, Orlando then Savannah GA next week. When driving from Orlando to GA she wants to hit a beach. Originially I was thinking Tybee but read some reviews that make it look like kind of a dog track. I heard about St Augustine from a buddy in Tampa and it looks to be right off 95 so shouldn't be too out of the way. In your self-described expert opinion, what do you recommend?

and we're also hitting Siesta beach in St Pete early on which I heard was great.. Personally I hate the beach but I have to let her pick a couple things to do.

I might be late to the party with this advice... but I went to college in Savannah, and was just down there to get engaged in March.

For starters, you should absolutely plan to walk up and down River Street (it's like a smaller version of Bourbon Street) and get some fresh pralines or turtles from either of the candy shops. I'd recommend eating at Huey's for breakfast if you are down there, they do a pretty good job with the food, plus it is central to River Street - order the beignets.

If you like oysters, go to the oyster bar after 4PM for their happy hours. It's a bit dingy now compared to how it was when I was in college, but still you can get cheap oysters and beers. If you eat dinner there, gotta get the snowcrab legs. All these places are along Rivers Street.

If you venture OFF River Street into the Historic District, you should walk up Bull Street through the squares and into Forsyth Park. There is a pub called Six Pence, good for a quick pint. You'll see their red old-fashioned phone booth on the sidewalk.

There is a relatively new restaurant in town called Alligator Soul. If you eat only one meal in Savannah, eat it here. One of the best meals I've ever eaten. Better than all the restaurants near Paula Dean's tourist trap.

If you want a funky slice of pizza - Vinnie Van Go-Go's

On the way out to Tybee there is a hidden gem called the Crab Shack. No ties to the chain. It's an outdoor deck setting, get the big platter that they serve in the lid from the lobster steamers. Low country boil, crab legs, etc. It's awesome. My second favorite place to eat down there.... after Alligator Soul. Totally different style though, AG is a fancy venue, while CS is flip-flops.

We got engaged out on Tybee. It's a bit like a mini Daytona Beach, crappy shops all around, but getting out on the beach is nice. It was our personal oasis when we were in college together. If you go... then walk all the way to the right, it will go past a rock jetty, then curl around, it is a hike (about a mile?) but you will get to the point where you've got your own beach. That is were I popped the question, while we had Dolphins literally putting on a show for us 30 yards off the shoreline. Hopefully you get a perfect day like we did.

If you are going to Savannah, then I hope you are going to the Historic District. I loved going there, and I cannot wait to go back.

Agreed. See recommendations above.

We're stay 10 min from there.. going to do that theater broadway type thingy they got as well as a ghost tour at night.. cause that's how I roll.

Ghost tours can be fun, but make sure you eat at Alligator Soul first. Trust me.

The Ghost Tours are awesome.

If you really want to roll out the dough, take her on a horse drawn carriage ride.

If you wanna be cheap, grab a couple drinks at the bar and ride around in the back of a bicycle cab.

Carriage ride is alright. If you plan to go to Forsyth Park after dark, then go in a carriage. Don't walk IN the park at night. Same rules as Central Park, basically.

Savannah has a strange mix of poverty and wealth and it's the old south, so it can be weird in some spots - stick to the tourist-y stuff, there's not much beyond that I would go out of my way to see.

Enjoy.

Sounds good. When she asks how I heard about Alligator Soul I look forward to saying "the stupid Ape from the internet said it was the place to go". I will say it exactly like that too.. and what's more, she'll actually know what I mean.

and it's a little early for rainbows and unicorns when talking about you and your lady love. we get it.. you love each other for now. gag me with a spoon.

Edited by Pac2566

and it's a little early for rainbows and unicorns when talking about you and your lady love. we get it.. you love each other for now. gag me with a spoon.

To be fair Pac, I think they've known each other for years and years. If she can handle the Ape after all this time without murdering herself with the spoon you just gagged on, she's a keeper.

i obv didn't read a single word of his ramblings, but I'm not surprised that he would use a mundane question like where to visit in GA as a platform to once again boast about his disgusting and unnatural women/ape love that will be a distant memory the day she delivers their first little cross species furball

• Upvote 1

i obv didn't read a single word of his ramblings, but I'm not surprised that he would use a mundane question like where to visit in GA as a platform to once again boast about his disgusting and unnatural women/ape love that will be a distant memory the day she delivers their first little cross species furball

A little bundle of genetic mutation.

• Upvote 1

Sounds good. When she asks how I heard about Alligator Soul I look forward to saying "the stupid Ape from the internet said it was the place to go". I will say it exactly like that too.. and what's more, she'll actually know what I mean.

I'm glad I took time out of my morning to write up such a comprehensive response. I hope you ignore all of it, get bed lice from the motel you drop mad dollahs on, get ebola from whatever chain food restaurant you end up eating at, and crap your pants in front of one of the historic fountains in the middle of a segway tour.

I'm not sure what about giving you recommendations on a couple restaurants and things to do while in Savannah, a place I spent 4 years, constitutes me talking about my girl and I though... me thinks you were just looking for an excuse to talk like a fat valley girl from the 80's

oh and there seems to be 2 ghost tours:

http://www.tripadvis...ah_Georgia.html

http://www.tripadvis...ah_Georgia.html

ever been to one of these? was leaning Blue Orb.

Suggestion: Take the tour that goes from the projects on the north side of Savannah to the ghetto on the west side. Gang initiation when I was there was for them to shoot a student from my college. You are brown though, it'll be all good... I swear. When you are done with that though, there's a sweet tea social you can catch and you'll be the toast of the party, just bring a white sheet to wear... Have an awesome time!

To be fair Pac, I think they've known each other for years and years. If she can handle the Ape after all this time without murdering herself with the spoon you just gagged on, she's a keeper.

There's nothing to put up with.

Only narcissistic latent-homo a$$holes like Pac and CTM would a$$ume that they should be treated the same way as a beautiful woman. Nobody told them they are just a pair of dooshers on the internet denial-flirting with other dudes.

I'm glad I took time out of my morning to write up such a comprehensive response. I hope you ignore all of it, get bed lice from the motel you drop mad dollahs on, get ebola from whatever chain food restaurant you end up eating at, and crap your pants in front of one of the historic fountains in the middle of a segway tour.

I'm not sure what about giving you recommendations on a couple restaurants and things to do while in Savannah, a place I spent 4 years, constitutes me talking about my girl and I though... me thinks you were just looking for an excuse to talk like a fat valley girl from the 80's

Suggestion: Take the tour that goes from the projects on the north side of Savannah to the ghetto on the west side. Gang initiation when I was there was for them to shoot a student from my college. You are brown though, it'll be all good... I swear. When you are done with that though, there's a sweet tea social you can catch and you'll be the toast of the party, just bring a white sheet to wear... Have an awesome time!

I won't be dropping mad dollahs of any kind.. I don't make CTM, Crusher, or Hess money. I'm just a common man that likes to bargain hunt.

That said I told you I was definitely taking you up on Alligator Soul. Not sure why you decided to lash out and wish me ill will.

I won't be dropping mad dollahs of any kind.. I don't make CTM, Crusher, or Hess money. I'm just a common man that likes to bargain hunt.

That said I told you I was definitely taking you up on Alligator Soul. Not sure why you decided to lash out and wish me ill will.

His primitive ape brain thought you were mocking him, so he responded the only way he knows how.. poop flinging

• 7 years later...