JN Mafia: Capture the Flag

Married with 1 child. I can guarantee I've been there once. Ok, maybe not medically guarantee, but.....just take my word for it and stfu.

We all believe this.

But is it true you wear a thumb ring?

I'm going with lesbian ...

right hand ring reasons:

Economic Independence. As female workers began to out-earn men, women finally had the kind of income that allowed them to buy diamond rings for themselves. Today, a woman doesn’t have to wait for an engagement ring from her boyfriend in order to don a gorgeous diamond ring – she simply can buy a right-handed ring and wear it proudly as a signifier of her economic independence.

Gay and Lesbian Marriage. Instead of wearing wedding bands on their left hands, gay and lesbian couples often choose to wear rings on their right hands instead. Within gay and lesbian communities, the right-handed ring is an instantly recognizable marker of a monogamous relationship, and even marriage within the states that have legalized it.

Family Heirlooms. Wedding rings carry enormous sentimental value, so it’s no surprise that many people choose to wear these heirlooms as opposed to letting it gather dust in a box or a safe. By wearing the heirloom on the right hand, the wearer can be constantly reminded of tradition, family values and the importance of intergenerational connections.

Infidelity. Married men and women don’t have to resort to hiding their wedding rings in order to cheat on a spouse; shockingly, many people believe that switching a wedding band from the left to the right hand is a code that signifies an openness to cheating on their mate or spouse.

Differences In Culture. Not all cultures believe that the wedding ring should be placed on the left hand. In countries like Poland, Greece, India and Colombia, the wedding band belongs on the right hand, not the left.

Left-Handedness. Finally, wearing a wedding ring on the right hand can simply mean that the wearer is left-handed and doesn’t want his or her ring to be subjected to the wear and tear from their dominant hand.

All of the above...my wife says = gay...but I know my sister wears our mom's ring on her right hand since mom passed away...who knows...just ask...nice conversation starter...kind of like...do you muff dive? do you like when your gf goes down on you? might as well find this stuff out early in the relationship...

Just wondering the dynamics here.

Is this the engagement ring which led to the marriage (I know some married women only wear the wedding band)? Or is it from a breakup?

Well, it´s two. The engagement ring and the wedding ring. Actually three since we saved her father´s engagement ring too.

Now that I think about it I remember being engaged once before. I sold our rings and bought some new clothes if I remember it right...

I guess I should check in and say hi. I don't have anything to contribute on the jewelry topic. I'm very low maintenance in that area. Now, Verbal's fetish might be interesting to discuss.

Well, it´s two. The engagement ring and the wedding ring. Actually three since we saved her father´s engagement ring too.

Now that I think about it I remember being engaged once before. I sold our rings and bought some new clothes if I remember it right...

When I was 19ish, this guy proposed to me. I made him promise it to be a promise till we finished college, then go from there. He cheated on me two months later while I was at home for a family emergency.

I pawned that ring before I even got back to school. I went shopping. And gave him a plant when I got back as a break up gift.

When I was 19ish, this guy proposed to me. I made him promise it to be a promise till we finished college, then go from there. He cheated on me two months later while I was at home for a family emergency.

I pawned that ring before I even got back to school. I went shopping. And gave him a plant when I got back as a break up gift.

You gave him a plant?

You gave him a plant?

That´s...original. lol

The first guy is actually one of my best friends now. It was so long ago that we were dating that I almost forgot it. I do forget a lot of things...

Yeah, when he called me while I was on the way home, he asked me if I had anything for him, because I was a great girlfriend and always got him little goodies or something from home. I said, sure babe, I got you something.

I got to his place, and handed him a plant I picked up at the grocery store. He was like... umm, wtf? So I told him, since he loved taking care of strange things so much, how about try this one out. And then showed him the picture on my cell phone of him hooking up with another girl that a friend had sent me. He was dumbfounded and I left.

Hooked up with his brother the next week. Revenge. Tis sweet.

Before we start, I have a question for Dr Crushlove or one of the ladies (going by the roster, only SMC, Sharrow, JC, JF80 and Hess are excluded) ... Aren't engagement rings meant to be worn on the left hand? Assuming that's correct, why would a girl wear a ring that looks like a cheap engagement ring on her right ring finger? I'm trying to chat up this chick at a store and I'm too busy trying to remember which hand was correct and do the whole mirror thing to figure out which hand it was on... It sucked, I still don't know if maybe some people wear on right hand.. It looked like a $120 engagement ring from Walmart.. the type Paco will buy for lady friend one day

Btw.. I already know how a few of you will respond, but fire away anyway

I swear to God you have a laundry list of conversation starters designed to take a thread from zero to gay in .01 seconds.

Anyway, here.... blah blah you like dick blah blah...

IMG_9608-2819.jpg

That was the worst reread I've ever had

All of you can GFY

Next time you wanna talk about rings and shopping go to the mall with teen girls or something jesus

shut it or i'll feed you teh crusher

you try too hard lady ape

Is this the best you can do these days? Call me a girl. You realize that puts you on par with the insult Nolder just threw down. I'm just saying.... maybe you should get married again or something. Somehow, when your soul is dying from within, you are much funnier.