Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

Oh wait, that was our 50 million dollar WR that quit on the field last year.

A disgusted Santonio Holmes, who missed a handful of voluntary practice sessions while out of the country on a USO-sponsored trip to a U.S. Air Force base in Germany, pulled himself out of practice Thursday because he felt he was unfairly overworked by coaches.

The New York Jets' top wide receiver staged a mini-meltdown near the end of the two-hour workout, limping off the field and tossing his helmet. He exchanged words with receivers coach Sanjay Lal, also drawing immediate attention from the trainer.

Afterward, Holmes insisted he wasn't injured, but he clearly was bothered that the coaches wanted to give him a full workload despite his time away.

"I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today," Holmes said. "I've been gone for a while, so I can't be at full tempo like the rest of the guys and where they want us to be at."

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez??

It's a high-concept joke. See, Sanchez would never throw his helmet and complain because he's a good kid who works hard. Assholemio Holes, on the other hand, is a cancerous cancer who's cancering up the team with his cancery cancerousness. (Because he's a cancer, get it?)

It's a high-concept joke. See, Sanchez would never throw his helmet and complain because he's a good kid who works hard. Assholemio Holes, on the other hand, is a cancerous cancer who's cancering up the team with his cancery cancerousness. (Because he's a cancer, get it?)

ah man I can just feel the white guilt oozing through your keyboard.

But no, it was more to poke fun at the obvious meltdown this place would have had if Sanchez pulled such a stunt. Considering we analyze how he wears his hat on the sideline and his body language while sitting in front of a fan and how he fixes his hair.

ah man I can just feel the white guilt oozing through your keyboard.

I have no idea what this means.

But no, it was more to poke fun at the obvious meltdown this place would have had if Sanchez pulled such a stunt. Considering we analyze how he wears his hat on the sideline and his body language while sitting in front of a fan and how he fixes his hair.

It would also be stupid to freak out if Sanchez did that during OTAs. Holmes is a dickbag, but he's pissed because he's out of shape. Whatever. As far as I'm concerned, nothing anyone is doing right now means much.

It would also be stupid to freak out if Sanchez did that during OTAs. Holmes is a dickbag, but he's pissed because he's out of shape. Whatever. As far as I'm concerned, nothing anyone is doing right now means much.

whats comical about Holmes is all the supposed work he put in during the offseason to be ready and in shape then complains about running to many routes in an OTA practice. What would happen if they made him run 25 wind sprints that most athletes run to get in shape. Any different than running routes ?

only kidding....

but yeah I'd give Holmes the benefit of the doubt if there wasnt a history. Im sure Brandon Moore and everyone else who spoke up about him were simply shaking their heads today and saying "told you so"

It looks bad, that's all.

The man's not in shape....I'm sure come August, he'll be fine.

Another attempt by D1ck Cimini to start something out of nothing

No this is simply everyone reporting on a moron who brought the attention on himself by acting like a jack a$$ last year. If anyone should understand the inportance off keeping his cool its this guy and he still does not get it. hes doing this because his contract gives him leverage to continue acting like a dick and hes going to do it team be damned

Next year rather than sending him to germany we should send him on a parachute jumping class in afganistan and make damn sure hes wearing his gold chain around his neck before we kick his a$$ out of the plane

I also saw in the reports today that Holmes was coaching up the younger players. Why isn't there a thread about that?

in general im sick of people demanding that football players act a certain way. These guys aren't marrying your daughter. This isn't Mangini's team. These are grown men playing a sport for cash. It's their work. "If Santonio doesn't run until he pukes, and like it, well they can send him to the glue factory" sure thing tough guy.

Holmes is certainly not an ideal player attitude wise but he does things that none of the other WR can do, and he does em when the game is on the line. That's how it works in the NFL you put up with DIVAS at WR because you need em.

this is the same as when we killed Santana Moss for running out of bounds. "If Moss don't run head on into a 300 pound defender and knock himself out of the game they should trade him! What a Pussy!"

these men are pros and the know their own limitations. If Holmes was overworked, maybe he was overworked. Keep in mind Kerley, Turner and other WR were out for injuries. Holmes is a porche he's not Matt Slauson playing through a torn labrum.

Holmes is a vet he knows when the coaches are sending him a message. This was Sparano sending a message and Holmes not appreciating.

Holmes is a spoiled punk, he aint worth it anymore. If the Jets wanna change the direction of the team, he's gotta go. His act is old and he aint no Jerry Rice or Lynn Swan. Dump this a$$hole next year once and for all.

That didn't take long. I actually fantasized that Holmes would learn from the ridicule over his actions from last year. Hey at least she told me before we left for the date that she wasn't going to put out rather than letting me believe it all night then slamming the car door in my face. :D

It's better to know. I would love to see the Jets just bench him all year. Have him suit up and just never play him. Watch him get old on the Jets sideline for years. All for spite. Yes... that would make me happy.

I also saw in the reports today that Holmes was coaching up the younger players. Why isn't there a thread about that?

in general im sick of people demanding that football players act a certain way. These guys aren't marrying your daughter. This isn't Mangini's team. These are grown men playing a sport for cash. It's their work. "If Santonio doesn't run until he pukes, and like it, well they can send him to the glue factory" sure thing tough guy.

Holmes is certainly not an ideal player attitude wise but he does things that none of the other WR can do, and he does em when the game is on the line. That's how it works in the NFL you put up with DIVAS at WR because you need em.

This.

Holmes came off the field because he couldn't run with the rest of the team. He'll soon be in shape and what he does in June won't matter. Complete non-story.

Holmes is a vet he knows when the coaches are sending him a message. This was Sparano sending a message and Holmes not appreciating.

This, it sounds like Holmes thought he was being sent a message from a new hard a$$ coach, and he doesn't appreciate that, he is a ego driven diva, and when utilized properly a very dangerous weapon for this team, but like any other diva aint nobody gonna send me a message do they know who the **** I am, hopefully him and Sparano or Sanjay can put this behind them and move on, because if they don't this will be a very destructive situation cause neither party will back down or be pushed around.

yeah great. Too bad he isnt even good.

Archived