Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

The moment anyone started blaming Holmes for anything but being a baby was the moment people said this.

He's literally the only skill position player on offense worth a damn. Regardless of his attitude.

Ape is right. This is a non-issue being trumpeted by people with an agenda. It's June 8th. It's his first day back.

The fact that we have two awful QBs and no good RB's is more cause for concern. Not a guy who's angry at himself for where he's at right now.

Its such a non issue, but this page has gone 5 pages with more people saying its a non issue than anything.

If its a non issue to you guys just let the people that think it is, discuss.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a dude who proudly stated that he wasn't going to change anything regarding his behavior after Pittsburgh threw him out the door. He's a ****nut. It would have been nice if he showed some contrition after last season's debacle, but all he's done so far is 1. Say he felt "no need" to reach out to Sanchez or Rex in the off-season: 2. Conveniently miss OTA's to go with Tommie Harris (who dogged his way out of Chicago) and Matt Forte (who's holding out) to go to Germany; and, 3. Emasculate his entire coaching staff (including alleged no-nonsense tough guy Tony Sparano) by throwing his helmet down and storming off the practice field, then telling the media that he "let the coaches understand" that he didn't want to run any more routes.

Honestly, the disappointing part is not that Holmes is a total sh*tbird. The disappointing part is that Rex, again, falls on his sword for a player that continues to defy and humiliate him and his coaches. The "he's a competitor" excuse is almost comical at this point. If Rex, who spent all offseason talking about how he's going to get the locker room "fixed," is going to let Holmes be Holmes from Day F'ing One, then the team is already doomed. Tom Coughlin would have disemboweled Holmes yesterday. Rex pats him on the a$$. Go Jets.

He's an uncoachable douchebag unfortunately. I loved the the trade at the time, but giving this guy 50 million was O'Donnell esque. After the fact he was a no show for the bus going to the AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh. The writing was on the wall that this dude walked to the beat of his own drum.

Its such a non issue, but this page has gone 5 pages with more people saying its a non issue than anything.

If its a non issue to you guys just let the people that think it is, discuss.

Ah yes, because posts on a message board is an accurate measure of import.

The number of posts is directly proportional to the size of a tantrum you, not Holmes, has thrown.

Ah yes, because posts on a message board is an accurate measure of import.

The number of posts is directly proportional to the size of a tantrum you, not Holmes, has thrown.

If it wasnt an issue to you you wouldn't be posting in this thread.

verbally going after the WR's coach in front of your team is news worthy, especially with his history.

and I love when people disagree now its "you're throwing a tantrum" Either growup and talk football or ignore...its not difficult.

If it wasnt an issue to you you wouldn't be posting in this thread.

verbally going after the WR's coach in front of your team is news worthy, especially with his history.

and I love when people disagree now its "you're throwing a tantrum" Either growup and talk football or ignore...its not difficult.

I'm in this thread because it's amusing.

This happens to every team, probably just about every practice. You just read Jets news clippings. Where was the thread about Brady being a cancer when he yelled at his offensive coordinator?

People don't ubiquitously say, "you're throwing a tantrum". They say it to you. Because, well, you throw tantrums.

I'm in this thread because it's amusing.

This happens to every team, probably just about every practice. You just read Jets news clippings. Where was the thread about Brady being a cancer when he yelled at his offensive coordinator?

People don't ubiquitously say, "you're throwing a tantrum". They say it to you. Because, well, you throw tantrums.

lol, get lost. The professional student brigade is at it again I see.

If this was an isolated incident, I could see why people would think it is an overreaction to focus on Tone taking himself out. But, the manor in which he did it and his previous history have placed him under a microscope. Every little thing he does or says is going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

He needs to have better judgement when going about things in front of the media. If he wants to sit out because he feels he isn't up to speed yet, that is fine, but don't do it in an immature way by throwing a miniature hissy fit, in front of the younger guys he is supposed to be leading (partially by example). He has little consideration for those around him.

To get this back on track, IF Holmes is a headache early on, does anyone think Rex learned from last year to nip it in the bud (no weed pun intended)? Does Sparano kill him? I forgot who was saying it on the radio, but they thought giving Holmes so many reps may have been Sparano's/Rex's passive aggressive way of punishing Holmes for missing OTA's--kinda forcing him to run suicides, and Holmes caught on and said "F this."

If this was an isolated incident, I could see why people would think it is an overreaction to focus on Tone taking himself out. But, the manor in which he did it and his previous history have placed him under a microscope. Every little thing he does or says is going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb.

He needs to have better judgement when going about things in front of the media. If he wants to sit out because he feels he isn't up to speed yet, that is fine, but don't do it in an immature way by throwing a miniature hissy fit, in front of the younger guys he is supposed to be leading (partially by example). He has little consideration for those around him.

In the alternative:

Holmes is such an idiot. It was his first day. It's June. It's OTAs. If he was hurting, he should have sat down.

The way he went about doing it could have been more mature and measured, IMO.

Like I said, I don't care if he needs to sit down in his first practice back if he didn't feel up to speed. These are all things that can be discussed prior to practice. If handled properly, from the beginning, there is no need for the "hissy fit". Probably stems from Tone being a horrible communicator.

The way he went about doing it could have been more mature and measured, IMO.

Like I said, I don't care if he needs to sit down in his first practice back if he didn't feel up to speed. These are all things that can be discussed prior to practice. If handled properly, from the beginning, there is no need for the "hissy fit". Probably stems from Tone being a horrible communicator.

Yes. But we've already seen the fact that he's not mature. That's not news.

Point being, hurt in OTAs is much worse than helmet throw in OTAs

The fact he is not mature is not news. The fact he continues to display his lack maturity on his sleeve, for all to see, his first day of OTAs, is news.

Didn't realize we were comparing his immaturity with an injury.

Anything is possible. Not very probable though. Playing games with the media is not a competition Tone can win. They will chew him up and spit him out for fun.

It's not a competition he needs to win, nor is it one he should expect to win. He's already being chewed up and spit out for fun. All he can do is troll, and I fully support any athlete who does that. It's literally all they should give those hovering vultures anyway. There are very few paid sports journalists who write anything worth reading because they know what fans want (heels and heroes) for their soap opera.

99.9% of other football players would go to their coach, ask to sit out a few reps and be granted that opportunity. No news, no discussion necessary.

Holmes, the idiot that he is, particularly after the prima donna show he put in game 16 of last year, decided that OTA extra reps is another opportunity for him to exhibit a tantrum personality.

Bottom line, the guy is no genius, and maybe borderline idiot. One can be sure that his teammates already know this and privately shake their heads.

If he scores touchdowns, all will be forgiven. The more likely scenario is this guy will be rooted out of this locker room as soon as Plan B makes itself apparent. Whatever plan B is.

Why give the media more fuel then they already have? That would just add more distraction and headaches for the rest of the team to deal with.

If Holmes wants to create a media frenzy on purpose, it was an even bigger mistake to keep him then initially thought.

If he scores touchdowns, all will be forgiven. The more likely scenario is this guy will be rooted out of this locker room as soon as Plan B makes itself apparent. Whatever plan B is.

there is no real Plan B. not for 2012. In 2014 ok sure.

Archived