Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a dude who proudly stated that he wasn't going to change anything regarding his behavior after Pittsburgh threw him out the door. He's a ****nut. It would have been nice if he showed some contrition after last season's debacle, but all he's done so far is 1. Say he felt "no need" to reach out to Sanchez or Rex in the off-season: 2. Conveniently miss OTA's to go with Tommie Harris (who dogged his way out of Chicago) and Matt Forte (who's holding out) to go to Germany; and, 3. Emasculate his entire coaching staff (including alleged no-nonsense tough guy Tony Sparano) by throwing his helmet down and storming off the practice field, then telling the media that he "let the coaches understand" that he didn't want to run any more routes.

Honestly, the disappointing part is not that Holmes is a total sh*tbird. The disappointing part is that Rex, again, falls on his sword for a player that continues to defy and humiliate him and his coaches. The "he's a competitor" excuse is almost comical at this point. If Rex, who spent all offseason talking about how he's going to get the locker room "fixed," is going to let Holmes be Holmes from Day F'ing One, then the team is already doomed. Tom Coughlin would have disemboweled Holmes yesterday. Rex pats him on the a$$. Go Jets.

^this

I would have liked to see Luigi throw holmes helmet back at him. What a ****in bitch. really...just blow chunks on the practice field and take your lumps in the media ala mcknight. Dont ******* quit your first day back in camp, really, dont ******* quit after you quit the last year. you quit so ******* bad you got pulled off the field. a professional? ****. Get this dood some therapy instead of OTAs, it would do this ****tard a world of more difference. my $0.02.

^this

I would have liked to see Luigi throw holmes helmet back at him. What a ****in bitch. really...just blow chunks on the practice field and take your lumps in the media ala mcknight. Dont ******* quit your first day back in camp, really, dont ******* quit after you quit the last year. you quit so ******* bad you got pulled off the field. a professional? ****. Get this dood some therapy instead of OTAs, it would do this ****tard a world of more difference. my $0.02.

Ubiquitously put.

The guy was non existent for most of the game and thats probably the biggest reason he was targeted in the final drive since the Cards were probably all over Hines Ward.

Whawhawhawhat??? 9 catches for139 yards, and game winning TD is "nonexistent"? lmfao. He was the SB MVP, you dope. lmfao

Hines Ward's 2 catches were definitely the difference make in that partido. lol

Holmes was dumped in part because it was the same offseason Big Ben bathroom raped a chick and they needed to dump somebody. If the steelers were serious about not employing jerks they wouldn't have kept Big Ben either.

Rape or Weed. Rape or Weed. Hmmmmmm...

Where did anyone ever say it was. All I said was its harder to win, especially with a struggling QB, with a uncoachable distraction at WR....and many of us thought we had moved past that after last seasons Miami meltdown. It's just annoying that we clearly havent.

Its amazing that the Steelers havent been able to win a SB without him as a distraction since they told him to kick rocks. Rape typically isnt a distraction. Weed...weed is. Nobody smokes weed. Everybody is raping bitches. lmfao

Was Holmes uncoachable when he improved every single season with Steelers? Was Holmes uncoachable when he was targeted more than 90% of the WR's in the league in 2010 when he joined the Jets after missing 4 games?

Whawhawhawhat??? 9 catches for139 yards, and game winning TD is "nonexistent"? lmfao. He was the SB MVP, you dope. lmfao

Hines Ward's 2 catches were definitely the difference make in that partido. lol

Rape or Weed. Rape or Weed. Hmmmmmm...

Its amazing that the Steelers havent been able to win a SB without him as a distraction since they told him to kick rocks. Rape typically isnt a distraction. Weed...weed is. Nobody smokes weed. Everybody is raping bitches. lmfao

Was Holmes uncoachable when he improved every single season with Steelers? Was Holmes uncoachable when he was targeted more than 90% of the WR's in the league in 2010 when he joined the Jets after missing 4 games?

Holmes' off the field behavior means little to me. Drive drunk, smoke crack do whatever the hell you want...just don't bring it on the field and piss off and undermine your teammates/coaching staff by being a spoiled jackass.

There's a reason Pittsburgh gave away WR that's improved every season and has a Super Bowl MVP for a 5th round pick. I'd have a hard time believing it had anything to do with him smoking pot either. Certain teams just don't deal with on the field nonsense. There's a reason why guys like him and Brandon Marshall, TO end up on 5 teams before their careers are over.

The moment anyone started blaming Holmes for anything but being a baby was the moment people said this.

He's literally the only skill position player on offense worth a damn. Regardless of his attitude.

Ape is right. This is a non-issue being trumpeted by people with an agenda. It's June 8th. It's his first day back.

The fact that we have two awful QBs and no good RB's is more cause for concern. Not a guy who's angry at himself for where he's at right now.

I dont know why this particular post made me think of this but what would the reactions around here be if Holmes over worked himself on his first day back and suffered a devastating injury in OTA's that took him out for a large portion of the year?

Rejoice? lmfao.

This place cracks me up sometimes.

Holmes' off the field behavior means little to me. Drive drunk, smoke crack do whatever the hell you want...just don't bring it on the field and piss off and undermine your teammates/coaching staff by being a spoiled jackass.

There's a reason Pittsburgh gave away WR that's improved every season and has a Super Bowl MVP for a 5th round pick. I'd have a hard time believing it had anything to do with him smoking pot either. Certain teams just don't deal with on the field nonsense. There's a reason why guys like him and Brandon Marshall, TO end up on 5 teams before their careers are over.

Refresh my memory what Holmes did "on the field" in Pittsburgh.

Brandon Marshall and TO - I'm not even touching that ridiculousness. The guy was a great teammate and everyone's favorite player in 2010. Tone TIme, Fly Boys. all the stuff

I dont know why this particular post made me think of this but what would the reactions around here be if Holmes over worked himself on his first day back and suffered a devastating injury in OTA's that took him out for a large portion of the year?

Rejoice? lmfao.

This place cracks me up sometimes.

Holmes getting hurt running routes in a tshirt and shorts would be the equivalent of Chen Ming Wang getting hurt running the basses or Ike Davis missing an entire season because he fell down catching a pop up.

He wasnt getting hurt.

Refresh my memory what Holmes did "on the field" in Pittsburgh.

Brandon Marshall and TO - I'm not even touching that ridiculousness. The guy was a great teammate and everyone's favorite player in 2010. Tone TIme, Fly Boys. all the stuff

He put up decent numbers, had one good year and then they said bye bye because he was a pain in the neck. Considering he almost twice cost them the Super Bowl by doing his first down nonsense, while the rest of the team was in hurry up and then proceeding to do the Lebron celebration after his catch, which by the rule book is a penalty. The Steelers got lucky the ref didnt see it.

Holmes getting hurt running routes in a tshirt and shorts would be the equivalent of Chen Ming Wang getting hurt running the basses or Ike Davis missing an entire season because he fell down catching a pop up.

You think Suggs was wearing tshirts and shorts when he was playing hoops this offseason? Was Baron Davis wearing a tshirt and shorts when his knee cap was on the opposite side of his leg?

He wasnt getting hurt.

Oh, its settled then. Holmes is a pussy that doesnt know his body better than you know it.

He put up decent numbers, had one good year and then they said bye bye because he was a pain in the neck. Considering he almost twice cost them the Super Bowl by doing his first down nonsense, while the rest of the team was in hurry up and then proceeding to do the Lebron celebration after his catch, which by the rule book is a penalty. The Steelers got lucky the ref didnt see it.

Please elaborate.

I'm sure they were really upset about his first down dance when he did this:

santonio-holmes-steelers-4f35f.jpg

On the bold, you've been proven wrong 1000x over... have you ever watched football, baseball? Great players throw tantrums all the time. It happens.

This outburst is being leveraged by people who don't care for Holmes to re-surface their dislikes. I don't even care for Holmes, I just think you guys sound absurd pushing this discussion to the point of sky is falling because he threw his helmet.

I'm not interested in a "Ape is going to change GB and Matt's minds" crusade here. Matt clearly has no position other than he hates Holmes. I don't think the extrapolation of horribleness in this thread is anything less than silly. Really not much more to say about it... I just don't over-react like some of you do.

As for Cancer... Cancer is something that unfairly takes your loved ones form you... Holmes is just a selfish, rich, athlete.

FIne! Be that way. As far as cancer...

can·cer/ˈkansər/

Noun:

• The disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
  • A malignant growth or tumor resulting from such a division of cells.

Division of cells..... sounds like Holmes to me.

Yeah, never mind the 4 games he won for the Jets in 2010. Those werent important catches.

Hmmmmmm I always credited Sanchez with the throws that won those games. Crazy how different glasses see different things.

I never understand it when sports fans believe in addition by subtraction. The team doesn't get better if Holmes leaves or is cut. The team doesn't get better if Holmes does the 26th rep and hurts himself real bad. What is to be done about Holmes pulling himself out of practice? Buy or sell? Sometimes the best move is to hold.

I never understand it when sports fans believe in addition by subtraction. The team doesn't get better if Holmes leaves or is cut. The team doesn't get better if Holmes does the 26th rep and hurts himself real bad. What is to be done about Holmes pulling himself out of practice? Buy or sell? Sometimes the best move is to hold.

Thanks to Tannengenius, they obviously can't cut or trade Holmes. But it would be kinda nice if Rex didn't run over and hug him every time he decides he's being disrespected.

Thanks to Tannengenius, they obviously can't cut or trade Holmes.

we aren't talking about replacing Holmes with Megatron. They need some sort of wide receiver to move the chains. If it's not Holmes then who ? he threw his helmet in disgust so what? as long as that helmet didn't hit anyone I'm ok with that.

Thanks to Tannengenius, they obviously can't cut or trade Holmes. But it would be kinda nice if Rex didn't run over and hug him every time he decides he's being disrespected.

So let me get this straight

You don't like

The Owner

The GM

The Coach

The QB

The RB

The WR

The TE

The Tackles

The Guards

The TE

The OC

The New DE

The Old DE

The LB's

The Island

The Father

The New Safty

The Old Safety

The Kicker

The Punter

THe Stadium

The Color Green

What did I miss

we aren't talking about replacing Holmes with Megatron. They need some sort of wide receiver to move the chains. If it's not Holmes then who ? he threw his helmet in disgust so what? as long as that helmet didn't hit anyone I'm ok with that.

I don't think anyone is talking about cutting him because the salary cap hit makes that impossible. However, it's debatable whether or not Holmes is a net positive right now. He's whiny, he quits on routes, Sanchez doesn't trust him, etc etc etc. It's really similar to the Plaxico-Eli dynamic on the Giants, except Plaxico was a much better player than Holmes is now. That was addition by subtraction. And when your QB is soft in the head, removing his main antagonist might not be the worst thing in the world.

The Owner--True. He's a total dickhead.

The GM--True. Sucks.

The Coach--False. I like Rex, but he's got the same fatal flaws that his dad had.

The QB--False. I think he's immature and soft, but I think he'll re-emerge somewhere when he's 32 and be good for some team. Completely mishandled by the organization.

The RB--False. He's ok.

The WR--True. Holmes is Kerry Rhodes: wildly overrated by large segments of the Jets fan population, all of whom will no doubt disavow all knowledge of ever defending him once he's cut.

The TE--True and false. Dustin Keller is not a TE. He's an H-back that Schottenheimer wasted by asking him to line up and "block" DE's.

The Tackles--False. Brick is good. Why anyone would express wonderment in someone not backing Wayne Hunter is a mystery.

The Guards--False. Slauson is a JAG whom you claimed was an "All Pro" halfway through last season. I like Moore, though. It would be nice if either could move at all.

The TE--There are no other TE's. There probably isDn't one TE.

The OC--True. It's funny how when Sparano was the Dolphins HC, everybody laughed at him and made fun of his partial blindness, but now that he's the Jets' OC, he's a cross between Lombardi and Bill Walsh.

The New DE--Inc.

The Old DE--False. I loved Ellis.

The LB's--False. David Harris and Revis are my favorite Jets. Pace is good. BLT is meh. Scott is expensive, but deserves a lot of the credit for the '09 and '10 defenses.

The Island--Nonsense. Top five player in the league. Gets additional credit for anally raping Tannenbaum on Hard Knocks.

The Father--? I don't know who that is. Tebow? I love the Tebow story, but if you think bringing him to the Jets had a single thing to do with football, you're cra...uh, moving on.

The New Safety--Landry? Is he still on the team? Does he really exist?

The Old Safety--True. Eric Smith is bad by any measure.

The Kicker--?

The Punter--False, even though letting Steve Weatherford walk looked genius last year. They need to give Westhoff even more personnel power.

THe Stadium--True. It sucks by any measure.

The Color Green--True. Totally not in my swatch. I like to accent my cold-steel blue eyes and wearing green really washes them out aesthetically.

What did I miss? --Your medications?

uhhh so this seems to have gotten out of hand since I first looked at this thread this morning.

Holmes is obviously a jerk and overrated by JiF, but at the same time it's just as obvious that he's the best receiver on the team and this seems like much ado about nothing. The dude acts like a child but if Sanchez can pull his sh*t together I'd bet we don't hear a peep out of him.

You don't like

The Owner

The GM

The Coach

The QB

The RB

The WR

The TE

The Tackles

The Guards

The TE

The OC

The New DE

The Old DE

The LB's

The Island

The Father

The New Safty

The Old Safety

The Kicker

The Punter

THe Stadium

The Color Green

What did I miss

:) Pretty funny

You don't like

The Owner

The GM

The Coach

The QB

The RB

The WR

The TE

The Tackles

The Guards

The TE

The OC

The New DE

The Old DE

The LB's

The Island

The Father

The New Safty

The Old Safety

The Kicker

The Punter

THe Stadium

The Color Green

What did I miss

This is the best post ever. Seriously.

Bit the answer to this is replcement not subtraction. No one wants to get rid of Homes and leave a void because an average of 850 yeards per year in a 7 year career is so freakin hard to replace.

When it comes to Rex or anyone else in the organization (other than those who might speak off the record) there is no way your going to get the truth on any given player, coach, or accountant so im not sure why some people (not refering to you) use them in their arguements on any subject concerning the team. I mean did anyone expect Rex to go to that press conference and say, you know we're sick of Holmes and his bullsh*t antics and we've been trying to find a solution for months ??? No

The only way you might get a real answer is if Parcells was the coach of this team we all remember what he said about Terry Glenn

When it comes to Rex or anyone else in the organization (other than those who might speak off the record) there is no way your going to get the truth on any given player, coach, or accountant so im not sure why some people (not refering to you) use them in their arguements on any subject concerning the team. I mean did anyone expect Rex to go to that press conference and say, you know we're sick of Holmes and his bullshit antics and we've been trying to find a solution for months ??? No

The only way you might get a real answer is if Parcells was the coach of this team we all remember what he said about Terry Glenn

It is kind of surprising that Rex doesn't do that. He basically does it about players on other teams. But I agree, they are just not honest. Not saying they should be, they have to do what they feel works. It is just that Rex really seems like the type that would rip into his own guys.

Honestly he needs to do more of it starting this year, even if it is just behind closed doors.

Archived