Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

Some other issues i have with this Idiot. Sure going to visit the troops is commendable but he had an entire offseason to do that why was this scheduled during OTA's ??

He claimed he was in the best shape of his career and went to work out with Sanchez in Florida.

While he was in Germany would it have been too much for him to go on a morning Jog every day to keep his legs fresh ? I mean now we're hearing he seemed on a different page than Sanchez on some plays and reads causing confusion.

Lots of different ways a REAL professional could have handled this situation rather than throwing a tantrum like a child for all to see. Does it take to much brain power for this moron to put these pieces together. I was under th Impression you work much harder when actully working out and push your body to the limits like a Jerry Rice used to do making it easy for a football player to run plays. I never heard of a player complaining running plays put too much physical pressure on them its him looking to cause trouble and yelling at our new WR coach ?? WTF is he trying to prove to the Young WR's by doing that ?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some other issues i have with this Idiot. Sure going to visit the troops is commendable but he had an entire offseason to do that why was this scheduled during OTA's ??

He claimed he was in the best shape of his career and went to work out with Sanchez in Florida.

While he was in Germany would it have been too much for him to go on a morning Jog every day to keep his legs fresh ? I mean now we're hearing he seemed on a different page than Sanchez on some plays and reads causing confusion.

Lots of different ways a REAL professional could have handled this situation rather than throwing a tantrum like a child for all to see. Does it take to much brain power for this moron to put these pieces together. I was under th Impression you work much harder when actully working out and push your body to the limits like a Jerry Rice used to do making it easy for a football player to run plays. I never heard of a player complaining running plays put too much physical pressure on them its him looking to cause trouble and yelling at our new WR coach ?? WTF is he trying to prove to the Young WR's by doing that ?

I am sure he is in pretty good shape. He was just being a doosh in this situation. Hopefully Rex handles it right this time.

I never understand it when sports fans believe in addition by subtraction. The team doesn't get better if Holmes leaves or is cut. The team doesn't get better if Holmes does the 26th rep and hurts himself real bad. What is to be done about Holmes pulling himself out of practice? Buy or sell? Sometimes the best move is to hold.

I see your point here but do we honestly know that Holmes is the best WR on the roster ? Last year his negative impact exceeded any positives in my opinion. Lets see what Hill / Kerley do this year. I know I said "Coughlin would cut this schmucktard" and I also know that is improbable given the economics of the situation but I can guaranty Coughlin wouldnt be giving Holmes blow jobs like Rex is.

The thing with Holmes is he has to want another contract beyond this one. Yes he has the Jets by the proverbial balls right now with all the guaranteed money he is owed. But if he doesn't have a 1,200 yard season in a hurry he isn't going to make squat beyond this contract.

That said, there is enough money currently guaranteed to him to keep him happy for a long time.

It is kind of surprising that Rex doesn't do that. He basically does it about players on other teams. But I agree, they are just not honest. Not saying they should be, they have to do what they feel works. It is just that Rex really seems like the type that would rip into his own guys.

Honestly he needs to do more of it starting this year, even if it is just behind closed doors.

I rememebr when I played if my coach got on me for anything I took that as a personal challenge no matter what sport I was playing. It made me go twice as hard. When you constantly have someone speaking praise what incentive does that bring ? Everyone is a little different I guess but nothing excuses stupid.

I see your point here but do we honestly know that Holmes is the best WR on the roster ? Last year his negative impact exceeded any positives in my opinion. Lets see what Hill / Kerley do this year. I know I said "Coughlin would cut this schmucktard" and I also know that is improbable given the economics of the situation but I can guaranty Coughlin wouldnt be giving Holmes blow jobs like Rex is.

Do you think that Rex actually does that? I had heard the rumors of mid-week back rubs. But actual BJs, that is over the line, lol.

I rememebr when I played if my coach got on me for anything I took that as a personal challenge no matter what sport I was playing. It made me go twice as hard. When you constantly have someone speaking praise what incentive does that bring ? Everyone is a little different I guess but nothing excuses stupid.

True!

Back in the day the best thing to watch in sports was Parcells reaction after Phil Simms threw an interception. It just didn't get any better than that.

I am sure he is in pretty good shape. He was just being a doosh in this situation. Hopefully Rex handles it right this time.

Max I agree I think he was in good shape (or good enough shape to run simple routes in practice) as well what bothers me more is we are installing a new offense and like Rex said 99 % of the team showed up for involuntary workouts knowing as much time put in to learning this new offense would be very important. Holmes goes to Germany no doubt scheduled by his agent to help fix his tarnished reputation.

True!

Back in the day the best thing to watch in sports was Parcells reaction after Phil Simms threw an interception. It just didn't get any better than that.

Oh some of their arguements on the sideline while mic'd up were classic

Holmes has the talent to be a damn good receiver and its what makes me even more upset in how he acts and sets no example for the team. hes inconsistent by his own doing. hes shows us flashes of Brilliance but can not be counted on regularly. if this guy was puting up any thing remotely close to Terrel Owens numbers some of this sh*t would be easily delt with. But when you have done nothing special other than one very good season and a SB mvp in 7 years you should not be acting like your sh*t dont stink

Max I agree I think he was in good shape (or good enough shape to run simple routes in practice) as well what bothers me more is we are installing a new offense and like Rex said 99 % of the team showed up for involuntary workouts knowing as much time put in to learning this new offense would be very important. Holmes goes to Germany no doubt scheduled by his agent to help fix his tarnished reputation.

I get that, I don't want to question his motives since it is such a great thing he did. Scheduling, and all that, who knows what he wanted to do and how that all went down. So I actually give him a full pass for missing the beginning.

He will be there for minicamp so I am okay with all that. But he shouldn't be throwing his helmet, taking himself out etc.

If Rex didn't address this privately, this could be a bad year. I am really hoping Rex learned from last year. I am actually hoping the coaches were pushing Holmes too much like he suggested. That would be awesome if this was an effort to push him.

Holmes has the talent to be a damn good receiver and its what makes me even more upset in how he acts and sets no example for the team. hes inconsistent by his own doing. hes shows us flashes of Brilliance but can not be counted on regularly. if this guy was puting up any thing remotely close to Terrel Owens numbers some of this sh*t would be easily delt with. But when you have done nothing special other than one very good season and a SB mvp in 7 years you should not be acting like your sh*t dont stink

Playing with a young QB -- I give him a slight pass on the numbers. But this year he is clearly the #1 receiver on this team. Sanchez will throw for at least 3,700 yards or so. If Holmes can't pull in 1,100 of them he isn't close to being worth that contract.

Do you think that Rex actually does that? I had heard the rumors of mid-week back rubs. But actual BJs, that is over the line, lol.

All right so maybe its just an occasional reach around with flowers the next day but still.................................

was it in cimini's report where he said it was 35 reps ? 35 ? at this stage of the summer, a WR should be able to do that as a warm up

I really hate this douche

Cimini did report that it was 35 I believe. Then they showed the video of Holmes moving in slow motion.

All right so maybe its just an occasional reach around with flowers the next day but still.................................

Minor distinction. But it goes to Rex's character that he would send flowers the next day. Most guys today don't take the extra step.

Santonio Holmes is a nice talent but I'll look forward to him moving on from this team when the time comes

If his show goes into act II it could be next year. If I'm not mistaken releasing him saves the Jets like 1.3 million

If his show goes into act II it could be next year. If I'm not mistaken releasing him saves the Jets like 1.3 million

If I'm reading Jason's cap page correctly, cutting or trading Holmes next year would result in a $6.25M cap hit.

You have to give the guy credit. He took himself out of practice because he is out of shape and admitted it. He knows he has work to do both on and off the field to make up for the drama last year - at least looks as though hes moving in the right direction. Despite the slight tilt in the other direction the media is portraying, I'd have to see this as a non-issue at this point, and maybe even more of a positive note.

Minor distinction. But it goes to Rex's character that he would send flowers the next day. Most guys today don't take the extra step.

Rex is going to learn the hard way he can't be everyone's friend. Not everyone is self motivated, like "his guys". I just hope he learns tat part of coaching while he's still here. Holmes is never going to charge, regardless of how cool Rex is with him.

Rex is going to learn the hard way he can't be everyone's friend. Not everyone is self motivated, like "his guys". I just hope he learns that part of coaching while he's still here. Holmes is never going to charge, regardless of how cool Rex is with him.

Rex is going to learn the hard way he can't be everyone's friend. Not everyone is self motivated, like "his guys". I just hope he learns tat part of coaching while he's still here. Holmes is never going to charge, regardless of how cool Rex is with him.

Dude. He pwned Plaxico.

Holmes is no doubt a beat-off and I really don't like thugs that stray from the team line as far as he does. That said, he is a competitor and not totally the stereotypical punk he comes off to be. The guy had a 3.4 gpa in high school which typically is 180 deg from the reprobate selling drugs on the street corner that he started off as and his physical skills could really put some points up for us. Rex needed to go to him and say "listen m'man - everybody respects the fact that you know your body better than anyone and we're not here to get you injured - but your technique in getting that across was unacceptable" "Just like your little fit that got you benched last year - it doesn't work here for every reason and it's not who we are as a team - knock it off". But Rex won't do it and probably won't support Tony in doing it. That's a problem.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

Check again Slats. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I'm in 2013 Row to the far right says "Cap savings if cut" $1.25 million.

In the write-up above the table he says, "If Holmes is on the Jets roster in the middle of February 2012 his 2013 dead money will increase by $7,500,000."

He was on the roster at that time, so I subtracted the $1.25M surplus from that $7.5M figure to arrive at the $6.25 cap hit. I could be wrong, too, but that's how I read it.

Holmes is no doubt a beat-off and I really don't like thugs that stray from the team line as far as he does. That said, he is a competitor and not totally the stereotypical punk he comes off to be. The guy had a 3.4 gpa in high school which typically is 180 deg from the reprobate selling drugs on the street corner that he started off as and his physical skills could really put some points up for us. Rex needed to go to him and say "listen m'man - everybody respects the fact that you know your body better than anyone and we're not here to get you injured - but your technique in getting that across was unacceptable" "Just like your little fit that got you benched last year - it doesn't work here for every reason and it's not who we are as a team - knock it off". But Rex won't do it and probably won't support Tony in doing it. That's a problem.

What if they don't care and/or reading from a different soap opera script?

Holmes is going to be a beast this year and all the headlines will be about how the league, as well as his coaches, can't reign in that rascal/devil/bad boy/rapscallion/thug.

NJ I think Rex would support Sparano in saying anything he wants to Holmes because he is always preaching to be real and be yourself so If Sparano gets a hold of Holmes and reads him the riot act Im sure Rex would respect that or I would consider him a hypocrite

NJ I think Rex would support Sparano in saying anything he wants to Holmes because he is always preaching to be real and be yourself so If Sparano gets a hold of Holmes and reads him the riot act Im sure Rex would respect that or I would consider him a hypocrite

I hope you're right, Smash. Rex's style has some positive aspects to it, but it does lend itself to letting the inmates running the asylum. He does seem like the kind of guy that would support his coaches to wall, but I'd still love to find out what happened with Doug Plank in Rex's first year here.

So San-Blow-Me-Oh thinks there were to many reps hahaha what a joke. I think some of you guys who were standing by this POS are changing your tune, if not you should be....

What would your opinion of this story be if it went like this: Holmes complains about being fatigued and a bit behind scheduled, wants to take some reps off but the coaching staff kept him in their in June and he tore his acl/achilles/hamstring, whatever, and is out for the season leaving the Jets with Stephen Hill as #1 and Chaz Schillens as #2 for a combined 72 professional receptions.

Archived