NBA Finals thread: Heat vs Thunder

Blackout

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one was tough to take because it could have been a real backbreaker for Miami. The way the Thunder have been coming back and lighting it up in the 4th gives me hope that they can take two in Miami though.

All the credit in the world to OKC for game 1, but come on dude, you know as well as I do that comeback had everything to do with Miami switching over into retard mode at the end. Durant shouldn't have even been in the game at that point.

That said, refs have to make that call at the end. Durant's a classy dude and obviously isn't going to make excuses or say anything, but that was the very definition of illegal contact and the ref was right in position to make the call.

All the credit in the world to OKC for game 1, but come on dude, you know as well as I do that comeback had everything to do with Miami switching over into retard mode at the end. Durant shouldn't have even been in the game at that point.

Miami switches to retard mode at the end of a lot of games.

That said, it sure would be nice if the Thunder didn't have to come back from 15+ down every ******* game.

No sh*t right? 18-2 to start the game, with the way Miami was hitting everything, you just cant expect to come back and win every time you take the court.

Still see OKC taking 2 in Miami. Probably going 6 though and not 5 like I originally thought. Which at least makes the series more exciting...I guess.

Lebron was clutch as **** last night! Had the big bank shot to keep the lead. Had the winnign defensive play against KD. Had the big defensesive rebound. And toped it off with 2 CLUTCH Free Throws to seal the deal!!!! SUCK OUR DONGS OKC!!!!

Yeah, said it last series. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't at this point. He misses those free throws and he's not clutch. He makes those free throws and he's not clutch. He makes that bank shot and he's not clutch. I think it just comes down to people not really being all that interested in evaluating him as a basketball player anymore. And that's 100% from his own doing, but sad nonetheless. Seen it with happen Mayweather for years. Sad but understandable by now. This has been some postseason he's had.

Whatever. THERE ARE MANY THINGS ABOUT THIS SERIES THAT I FEAR ARE TRUE AND I WISH YOU WOULD STOP SAYING THEM ALOUD

Know what's really boiling your matzah ball? That they just split on the road and Bron didn't have to pull out his one, inevitable, F-U, dick on the table game to do it.

Lebron's gonna do what Lebron's always done and that's dominate the postseason; minus his inexplicable 4th quarter last finals. Even for how good he's been this postseason, I still say it's his second best postseason performance as a whole, although I'll give him credit for playing better down the stretches this year. I just think they win that game last night because Battier is average two or more points per shot and you had Wade and Bosh have decent games. Lebron to me is the one constant on the team and you can just take him out of the equation, because he's going to have a great game regardless. The variables are his supporting cast whether they show up or not and the annoying thing I have to imagine for Lebron is that he came to Miami to expect Wade and Bosh to be constants and not up in the air variables as they have been. So it doesn't matter how well he plays, he's going to get absolutely crucified based on the play of Wade, Bosh et al. It's unfair for him, but that's the bed he chose to lay in. (excuse my poor analogy as i'm typing between lunch and lecture)

Know what's really boiling your matzah ball? That they just split on the road and Bron didn't have to pull out his one, inevitable, F-U, dick on the table game to do it.

And neither has Durant.

Stern is a POS and the refs are a joke, but that last OKC possession was Brooks' fault. Everyone knows that LeBron will be allowed to mug players in key spots without a foul being called. So, Brooks shouldve set up the final play to be a Durant 3, which he has made in the same exact position (down 2/tied, last 5-10 seconds of a game) on numerous occassions in the past. In fact, he killed the Knicks with it last season. In fact, use the refs to your advantage and set up some screens to get Durant open in that situation. Force refs to make an offensive foul call and be eviscerated by the masses for it.

Designing a play for Durant to shoot a running jumper (his least effective shot IMO) is poor play design.

Designing a play for Durant to shoot a running jumper (his least effective shot IMO) is poor play design.

Tough to knock the play call when he got his best player a seven-foot chippy that probably drops if he doesn't get a LeBron forearm shiver in the hip, no?

Tough to knock the play call when he got his best player a seven-foot chippy that probably drops if he doesn't get a LeBron forearm shiver in the hip, no?

But Brooks has to appreciate the circumstances. LeBron had to Billie Blanks in Last Boy Scout Durant to get a foul called there. Everyone should know that. Durant had gotten 5 fouls AT HOME in a playoff game. That's unheard of, so Brooks had to know something was up.

Hate to say it because its totally not what I was expecting but the veterans are just out playing the young bucks. Both teams do some boneheaded sh*t but OKC is just not playing smart ball.

Westbrook is a moron btw. Someone here said they are impressed with his court IQ....what court IQ? The Thunder had a chance to go up big in the 3rd and he couldnt get out of his own way.

I'm just hoping OKC can win the next game and make this a series again. I'd love to see Miami choke with a 2-1 lead again, but I just dont see it. Especially if Durant keeps getting in foul trouble. They need to think about getting him off LeBron for that reason alone. But this series looks to be the heat.

One thing that I'll never understand when it comes to LeBron, and I realize this is sooooo much easier said then done...but how have teams not figured out a way to force him to shoot his broke a$$ jumper? It baffles me.

I still think it's OKC in 6.

Westbrook & Durant attacked the rim last night and had 6 total FT attemps. Wade and Lebron attacked the rim and had 19 FT attempts.

NBA officiating disgusts me.

Then again, OKC may get more calls in game 4 because POS Stern wants a long series.

I still think it's OKC in 6.

Westbrook & Durant attacked the rim last night and had 6 total FT attemps. Wade and Lebron attacked the rim and had 19 FT attempts.

NBA officiating disgusts me.

Then again, OKC may get more calls in game 4 because POS Stern wants a long series.

Westbrick & Durant took combined took a total of 13 shots in the paint comapred to 26 between LBJ & Wade. They didn't attack like Wade & Bron did.

So what would Spoelstra's reasons be for waiting until Game 3 to put Lebron on Durant for the entire 4th quarter? The only hypothetical answers I can come up with are lines that The Dude would say.

And as bad as the officiating has been, Durant deserved those fouls. Yes Kevin, you actually have to get in the shooter's path to take a charge. It's actually the one and only thing you have to make sure you do.

When you're shooting 18% from shots outside of 10 feet, you kind of don't have a choice.

Awful shooting. I'm just getting tired of this referee sh*t. Every game this post season when Miami wins it's because of the refs. I hear this excuse EVERY SINGLE GAME. It's becoming an epidemic.

No sh*t.

foul.jpg

Heat never trailed in game 2, yet the refs are the reason they won. Let's also forget about the charge that was not called when Durant barreled into Battier. KD shouldn't have even been in the game. NBA Finals, final seconds to win a game, 2 superstars going at it, KD got a good look and got the shot off....GOOD NO CALL. Only way you don't swallow the whistle is if Lebron wraps him up and he cant get off the shot.

I don't know man. Miami has to have at least one game where they don't play terribly in the 4th right? There has to be some sort of odds for this.

9 turnovers? NINE? I don't think even the D'Antoni Knicks had 9 TO's in one quarter this year.

The Heat's only chance is to win it in 5 IMO (and, thus, Prof. RJF would be precient), because I don't foresee the Heat winning either games 6 or 7 in OKC. The Heat won't be able to do what they did to the Celtics in game 6 because, on average, the Thunder players are 15 yrs younger than Boston.

Heat never trailed in game 2, yet the refs are the reason they won. Let's also forget about the charge that was not called when Durant barreled into Battier. KD shouldn't have even been in the game. NBA Finals, final seconds to win a game, 2 superstars going at it, KD got a good look and got the shot off....GOOD NO CALL. Only way you don't swallow the whistle is if Lebron wraps him up and he cant get off the shot.

Sorry brah, asterisk championship when it happens.

bron2.gif

This was my one concern with OKC and its played out specifically with Westbrook and Harden. Harden is so bad that hes costing himself money when he finally hits free agency. He looks lost. Westbrook is doing exactly what I feared and thats regressing back and being crazy with his selection. Magic went way overboard with the criticism of game 2, but between the first half and his handling of the last few possessions of that game he did lose the game for them. And unless he is redhot he should never be telling Durant to get out of his way. On that last possession where they threw the ball away he wasnt even in the huddle listening to the play and was certainly a key part of the late game meltdown with all the turnovers.

Durant really needs to be more aggressive with the way they are calling fouls. He threw up some bad looking close range shots towards the end of the game. If that was Lebron they would probably call fouls but he attacks aggressively. Durant is a pa$$ive attack. Its the same reason why he didnt get that foul call at the end of game 2. You cant, in these situations, go in and look to throw floaters or avoid the contact by twisting around. He cant come in with the same head of steam as James but you have to go up looking like you are going to knock somebody down when you go into them. When you go up high and plan for a dunk you will get the calls. When you glide and float to the rim and barely leave the ground you arent giving them any reason to call foul, especially when you arent falling all over the place when you do get hit.

Its a good experience for the young Thunder but they just have not been mature enough to handle these games yet.

Durant really needs to be more aggressive with the way they are calling fouls. He threw up some bad looking close range shots towards the end of the game. If that was Lebron they would probably call fouls but he attacks aggressively. Durant is a pa$$ive attack. Its the same reason why he didnt get that foul call at the end of game 2. You cant, in these situations, go in and look to throw floaters or avoid the contact by twisting around. He cant come in with the same head of steam as James but you have to go up looking like you are going to knock somebody down when you go into them. When you go up high and plan for a dunk you will get the calls. When you glide and float to the rim and barely leave the ground you arent giving them any reason to call foul, especially when you arent falling all over the place when you do get hit.

Its a good experience for the young Thunder but they just have not been mature enough to handle these games yet.

Dallas' bigs were insanely good defensively between Marion and Chandler. They also had an entire group of veteran all-stars and award winners who'd never won a championship (Kidd, Dirk, Tyson, Marion, Terry, Peja), coupled with Dirk playing at a level last year that I don't quite think Durant has played on during this postseason. It's apples and oranges trying to compare them. I think the one thing OKC might have going for them right now is naivete, because it's been an insane run that they've been on to get to this point and there's so much inexperience between all of them that they don't realize what's happening. Inexperience is a thing that always seems to catch up to young players like this eventually, even if it's in the Finals. Between their lineup, strengths, and experience, I don't see many similarities between that Dallas team and this OKC team. T

I think it's just too early for him. He hasn't developed that killer instinct yet, but I do think it'll come in due time. That's something that just comes over time with playoff experience. There's a difference between being an elite scorer and an a$$assin. Lebron's been the latter this postseason and I think that makes all the difference in this series.

801080_o.gif

801080_o.gif

801080_o.gif

Archived