College World Series

Jetsfan80

The field is set. Stony Brook and Kent State punched their tickets to Omaha, an extreme rarity for conferences like the America East and MAC. The Baseball version of the Elite 8 is dominated by the BCS conferences with few exceptions.

Arizona, UCLA, Florida, Florida State, South Carolina and Arkansas are also heading to Omaha. South Carolina, the two-time defending champs, have not lost an NCAA Tournament game in three years.

The field will be split into two Brackets, with a double-elimination format until 2 teams remain. Those 2 teams play a best of 3 for the title. Bracket 1 contains UCLA, Arizona, Florida St and Stony Brook. Bracket 2 features Florida, South Carolina, Arkansas and Kent State. This means only 1 SEC team and only 1 Pac-12 team at most can reach the finals.

The full bracket: http://www.ncaa.com/...ets/baseball/d1

The Stony Brook story is nothing short of amazing. They were playing Division III back in 2000. They did a great job going down to Baton Rouge and taking care of LSU. I think LSU led for just one inning.

The road to the title though to me still goes through the defending two time champs South Carolina.They just flat out do not lose.

The road to the title though to me still goes through the defending two time champs South Carolina.They just flat out do not lose.

Yep. And the Gators pull them first round. The reality is, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the Gators to not win this whole damn thing. But the Game Cocks are such a hard out...I'm nervous to say the least. Hell, the Gators absolutely out played them in the National Championship last game and still lost.

Sucks. Not happy about this draw at all.

Yep. And the Gators pull them first round. The reality is, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the Gators to not win this whole damn thing. But the Game Cocks are such a hard out...I'm nervous to say the least. Hell, the Gators absolutely out played them in the National Championship last game and still lost.

Sucks. Not happy about this draw at all.

The good news for you is its double elimination, AND you have the kid who threw a no-hitter starting for you. Lose to South Carolina and you draw another SEC school, Arkansas, or Kent State. Tough side of the bracket, but do-able.

The good news for you is its double elimination, AND you have the kid who threw a no-hitter starting for you. Lose to South Carolina and you draw another SEC school, Arkansas, or Kent State. Tough side of the bracket, but do-able.

They should crush every team they face. Its that lopsided in terms of talent. The most players from any college taken in the draft. Its stupid how deep the Gators are but the ******* cockydoodles are a hard ******* out.

Sucks.

******* told you dude.

Down 4-0 to Kent ****ing State. I blame u

Heh. My Dad went to Kent State for grad school (he was there during the shootings), and he's going nuts right now. They've had a helluva run. Two wins over Kentucky (including that 21-inning game), a win over Purdue, knocked out Oregon in the super regionals, and now this.

Heh. My Dad went to Kent State for grad school (he was there during the shootings), and he's going nuts right now. They've had a helluva run. Two wins over Kentucky (including that 21-inning game), a win over Purdue, knocked out Oregon in the super regionals, and now this.

#1 seed is the kiss of death. And u can't win this thing losing your first game. Pitching gets depleted. Good for Kent St. Good story

Archived