The 1st Place NY Yankees

JonEJet

This season is going to be a battle righ to the end. While there is a lot of touting the Yanks' rotation Sabbathia has been yeoman in his innings but not dominant.To his credit CC goes out there and battles, as does Pettitte. But not sure either guy is a lock in game 1 or 2 of a 5 game series. Entirely possible Yanks win the AL East over 162 games to face a tough 1st round draw against a better rotation like Texas or Detroit (if they can get their act together).

This season is going to be a battle righ to the end. While there is a lot of touting the Yanks' rotation Sabbathia has been yeoman in his innings but not dominant.To his credit CC goes out there and battles, as does Pettitte. But not sure either guy is a lock in game 1 or 2 of a 5 game series. Entirely possible Yanks win the AL East over 162 games to face a tough 1st round draw against a better rotation like Texas or Detroit (if they can get their act together).

CC, you know will get it together as we head into the summer....always does. Andy, well you can count on him for the playoffs if you want to or not. The man looks like the same player, only more rested.

And you can't dismiss what Nova, Hughes and Koroda are doing right now

It's the #3 and #4 batters in this lineup, that will determine what the Yanks do. Tiex and ARod, to me are extremely suspect, and don't trust them in any situation. Were you not shocked ARod hit that bomb last night?

CC, you know will get it together as we head into the summer....always does. Andy, well you can count on him for the playoffs if you want to or not. The man looks like the same player, only more rested.

It's the #3 and #4 batters in this lineup, that will determine what the Yanks do. Tiex and ARod, to me are extremely suspect, and don't trust them in any situation. Were you not shocked ARod hit that bomb last night?

Have to agree with Jon. The middle of the lineup needs to get hot at the right time for the Yankees to win it all this year. The starting pitching really is looking good, surprising after the big injury early.

Agreed. Problem is in a games 1 and 2 of a 5 game series Sabbathia and Pettitte, workhorses they are, still might not match up vs. the 1s and 2s of another playoff team. One quirk though; if the Yanks get top AL seed, they will face a team who has already burned their top starter nad may be their closer for more than an inning winning the 4/5 play in game.And either or both of those team might have had to use their top starter more than they would've liked down the stretch to get in the play in game. Kinda makes the top seed a real big deal starting this season.

Scene 1 Act 1 Season 2012

~~Yankees are in first place.~~

Cue JonE's entrance. :superman:

:hand:

Seriously, after CC, you cannot count on anyone.

The Yankees will live and die by the long ball. They get them, like recently, they will cover their colletion of average pitchers. They do not, they will get bounced in the playoffs.

And father time comes moving forward.

What does that mean?

Have you ever given the Yankees credit for anything? You hate on them but never seem to admit that, you know, they are good at baseball.

What does that mean?

Have you ever given the Yankees credit for anything? You hate on them but never seem to admit that, you know, they are good at baseball.

They spend the most money? :)

the way i envision Scott Dierking, he is trying to pat something else of Max's

It is not my fault that the last hurrah's for the Yankees are near and the fans are realizing this by posting June victories.

The heart of the club is quickly aging, their skills are deteriorating and within a couple of years results will be diminished also.

Montero was traded. Betances and Banuelos are not the sure things everyone thought they were.

I smell a shopping spree, but to stay under 175mm?

;)

It is not my fault that the last hurrah's for the Yankees are near and the fans are realizing this

and you can tell the near is soon approaching by the fact they have the best record in the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior AL?

It is not my fault that the last hurrah's for the Yankees are near and the fans are realizing this by posting June victories.

The heart of the club is quickly aging, their skills are deteriorating and within a couple of years results will be diminished also.

Montero was traded. Betances and Banuelos are not the sure things everyone thought they were.

I smell a shopping spree, but to stay under 175mm?

;)

That is why I brought this up in a thread.

They are 20 million over this year. They already have 117 committed next year to 5 players. Cano and Granderson are due raises.

If 175 million is a hard number, Yankee Nation is going to see some unprooven talent taking the field or cheap old players.

and you can tell the near is soon approaching by the fact they have the best record in the FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior AL?

Um.......

9-0 against the inferior National League...Rollin'

This.

Archived