Clemens found not guity

faba

Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

The 49-year-old Clemens was accused of perjury, making false statements and obstructing Congress when he testified at a deposition and at a nationally-televised hearing in February 2008. The charges centered on his repeated denials that he used steroids and human growth hormone during his 24-year career.

The verdict is the latest blow to the government's pursuit of athletes accused of drug use.

Cool cool cool. Next stop for Congress on their quest to stop steriod usage in American sport: the NFL! Wait...that's not happening? It only seems logical to go there, right? No?

Lance Armstrong is next.

Right next to Clemens and Bonds, mounds of common sense evidence that shows he doped, but they will probably lose again.

just think about the fractional reserve lending practices of our fine gov't

wait, don't

Borrow 40% of everything you spend, and have a deficit of close to $16 trillion. God, we are so f____ed. And we aren't even safe from egomaniac pitchers whose steroids.

Lance Armstrong is next.

Right next to Clemens and Bonds, mounds of common sense evidence that shows he doped, but they will probably lose again.

Oh yeah...the cyclists. Let's not touch the NFL monster until it sees a slight drop in ratings and revenue (not in that order).

Not guilty of perjury. Juicing, there is no denial.

Proof? Just because since MLB got 'tough' on roids that players are back to getting old and not having prolonged careers into the late 30s (Clemens) or 40s (Bonds).

Just wait and see, In th public court Clemens is guilty of juicing, and rightly so.

Always amusing to watch Yankee honks close ranks around Clemens and Pettitte, then in the next breath scream about Ortiz and Manny. Yankee fans are the absolute f*cking worst.

i say we let A-rod, Bonds, Clemens and McGwire into the HOF

all other roiders fell short

Wrong.

Listen, IMHO it is all in or none in.

Roger is why I am leaning towards banning all.

On this morning's Mike & Mike, Greenie said something to the effect that Roger is arguably the greatest pitcher of this generation. Why?

Like Bonds, he was likely a HofFer or real close to the Hall when he left Boston after 192 wins, 2300+ Ks and a pair of 20K games. Then he took roids and HGH and extended his career to allow him to win 162 more games and strikeout another 2000+.

If Roger did not take roids/HGH and went to Toronto for the money and NY for the ring and won only another 60 games and 600Ks would he be Hall worthy? Yes. Yet, he is now anointed to the greatest of his generation when nearly half od his total is tarnished. He was great and talent is certainly Hall worthy, but he is tainted and to be linked as a once in the lifetime pitcher is wrong. While Randy Johnson who as far as we know is clean, actually earned the numbers until proven otherwise.

Similar with Bonds. He was going to Hall when he juiced and all of a sudden he is the G.O.A.T. He might be the greatest roider of alltime, but should not be considered the G.O.A.T. when players like Ted Williams and Hank Aaron hit just as well in far less pampered time and thir domes did not grow three sizes.

You cannot overlook A-Roids, Bonds, Clemens and McGwire. The first three could have made the Hall without roid/HGH help because their talent was obvious.

McGwire would not have made it as he was a one trick pony, a homerun hitter. He was a mediocre hitter even by roid era standards and those roid aided numbers in St. Louis (220 in 5 years) make his HR total look a lot better than it is. Players like Palmero and Bagwell have far more legit claims than McGwire.

When your greatest moment is the homerun derby, sit the F down.

Wrong.

Listen, IMHO it is all in or none in.

Roger is why I am leaning towards banning all.

On this morning's Mike & Mike, Greenie said something to the effect that Roger is arguably the greatest pitcher of this generation. Why?

Like Bonds, he was likely a HofFer or real close to the Hall when he left Boston after 192 wins, 2300+ Ks and a pair of 20K games. Then he took roids and HGH and extended his career to allow him to win 162 more games and strikeout another 2000+.

If Roger did not take roids/HGH and went to Toronto for the money and NY for the ring and won only another 60 games and 600Ks would he be Hall worthy? Yes. Yet, he is now anointed to the greatest of his generation when nearly half od his total is tarnished. He was great and talent is certainly Hall worthy, but he is tainted and to be linked as a once in the lifetime pitcher is wrong. While Randy Johnson who as far as we know is clean, actually earned the numbers until proven otherwise.

Similar with Bonds. He was going to Hall when he juiced and all of a sudden he is the G.O.A.T. He might be the greatest roider of alltime, but should not be considered the G.O.A.T. when players like Ted Williams and Hank Aaron hit just as well in far less pampered time and thir domes did not grow three sizes.

You cannot overlook A-Roids, Bonds, Clemens and McGwire. The first three could have made the Hall without roid/HGH help because their talent was obvious.

McGwire would not have made it as he was a one trick pony, a homerun hitter. He was a mediocre hitter even by roid era standards and those roid aided numbers in St. Louis (220 in 5 years) make his HR total look a lot better than it is. Players like Palmero and Bagwell have far more legit claims than McGwire.

When your greatest moment is the homerun derby, sit the F down.

what other roiders were up there with Bonds/Arod/Clemens/McGwire?

Sosa had a GREAT 6 year span and all but that's all

Palmiero was a poor man slugger lol

Ortiz? he was a DH during his best years

Giambi? not enough quality years (in my opinion) but his best few years were certainly great

Manny? missed too many games in the regular season and played some of the worst defense I ever saw lol

who else is there?

Giambi? not enough quality years (in my opinion) but his best few years were certainly great

Manny? missed too many games in the regular season and played some of the worst defense I ever saw lol

who else is there?

Belle, Juan Gone, Vaughn, Piazza, Sheffield

who else is there?

McGwire does not deserve mention. IMHO Sosa is in same category, a mediocre hitter with power greatly a$$isted by the roid era.

Palmero deserves it (if all are in) because his power numbers and hit totals would have justified induction (easily 2000+ hits and 400 HRs) if he played clean.

Ortiz? I am thinking no. He will get 400 HRs which is nice and is top 100 in RBIs, but if roids aided that 400 total and he would not have it unless.....no.

Man-Ram? Yes. Like Palmero, he has he numbers, but he might be a decent litmus test seeing just about his entire career came during the roid era.

Giambi? No. I do not know if Vlad or Thome were ever implicated or suspected. Frank Thomas?

Not guilty of perjury. Juicing, there is no denial.

There is no denial. When the guy against you is Andy P, you are basically screwed.

I hope Roger never gets in the hall of fame. Feel dirty for ever having rooted for him.

Always amusing to watch Yankee honks close ranks around Clemens and Pettitte, then in the next breath scream about Ortiz and Manny. Yankee fans are the absolute f*cking worst.

That would be great. If it were true.

I am a Yankee fan and I hope he never gets into the hall of fame. The World Series where he beat the Mets shouldn't even count. You know, because it was the Mets lol.

Archived