the greatness of Lebron

Blackout

"After making the Knicks team Starks tried to show off and dunk on future HoF center Patrick Ewing during practice. Deservedly, Starks was thrown to the ground by the 7-footer, consequently injuring his knee. Starks eventually became the starting point guard for the Knicks during their glory days of the mid 90’s. He made a big name for himself as a clutch 3-point shooter and was often heralded for his ability to drain the 3-ball from way behind the arc."

I've made peace with it. He's the best player in the universe in his prime, and guys like that win rings. Fine. But I'm not happy about it and I'm certainly not happy for him, and I'm tired of hearing Mike Breen tell me how immature I'm being for holding onto my hated. Eat hog, you whitebread Stern-monkey bitch. When I hate it's forever.

Your words warm my heart.

Upon further consideration, this is not true. If LeBron gives the Heat the Decision treatment, even to go to the Nets, I am on board with him 100%.

Right, because as we learned from the Kidd era, nothing says "not annoying" like Nets fans during a span of competitiveness.

Right, because as we learned from the Kidd era, nothing says "not annoying" like Nets fans during a span of competitiveness.

I found the Chuck Daly era teams to be even worse in that sense and they never even came close to winning anything.... so many dudes I hated on those teams - PJ Brown, Chris Morris, Mahorn, Derrick Coleman (hate Cuse and he was a waste of talent to boot), Johnny Newman (for leaving the Knicks), Dwayne Schintzius (for looking like a Cro-Magnon Billy Ray Cyrus)... but the worst part of it all was watching Bernard King wear a Nets jersey.

I had some friends who became instant Nets fans and it was such sweet revenge that the year the Knicks went to the Finals, after dropping 4 out of 5 against NJ during the regular season, they smacked them 3-1 in the 1st Rd.

2009 World Series/Super Bowl XLII/XLIV Corollary: as long as I'm in the flyover states, the conduct of douchey NY-area fans is not my concern.

I found the Chuck Daly era teams to be even worse in that sense and they never even came close to winning anything.... so many dudes I hated on those teams - PJ Brown, Chris Morris, Mahorn, Derrick Coleman (hate Cuse and he was a waste of talent to boot), Johnny Newman (for leaving the Knicks), Dwayne Schintzius (for looking like a Cro-Magnon Billy Ray Cyrus)... but the worst part of it all was watching Bernard King wear a Nets jersey.

I had some friends who became instant Nets fans and it was such sweet revenge that the year the Knicks went to the Finals, after dropping 4 out of 5 against NJ during the regular season, they smacked them 3-1 in the 1st Rd.

I've been a Nets fan since Reggie Theus. Envy* me.

*Pity

I think Bill Simmons had the best historical basis for his predicting the Heat would win the title this year: No player who is the best of his generation have lost his first 3 NBA Finals. For LeBron to lose would have been historical.

He was the best during the regular season and postseason, and put up one of the best elimination game performances in history in game 6 in Boston. If the Heat supporting cast didn't pull a Westbrook/Harden, LeBron was bound to win considering how the Thunder shrunk under the spotlight.

Archived