THE KING HAS A RING!!!

Blackout

congrats Lebron

now officially can be discussed as a top 10 player ever. why? he has as many rings as Jerry West and more than KArl Malone and Patrick Ewing combined :D

seriously though, i'm so glad people can find a new reason to hate the guy than the no rings thing. ted williams ain't got no rings but I still have him as the 3rd/4th best baseball player ever.

congrats Lebron

now officially can be discussed as a top 10 player ever. why? he has as many rings as Jerry West and more than KArl Malone and Patrick Ewing combined :biggrin:

seriously though, i'm so glad people can find a new reason to hate the guy than the no rings thing. ted williams ain't got no rings but I still have him as the 3rd/4th best baseball player ever.

The rings argument was always absurd. Robert Horry has seven rings. Jordan has six. Who's the better player?

LeBron James proved to the world that he is the best player in the NBA with his performance in this years playoffs. Ive been saying it on this board and everywhere else since he took the Cavs to the finals by himself... But thats beside the point.

Im glad he got his ring, and at least nobody can bring up the "no rings" argument ever again.

congrats Lebron

now officially can be discussed as a top 10 player ever. why? he has as many rings as Jerry West and more than KArl Malone and Patrick Ewing combined :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure nobody hated him because he didnt have a ring. I'm confident that was the only thing most people liked about him. Now since thats not the case, there is nothing to like about LeBron James. Nothing!!!

///runs to hug dbatesman

Yawn. Who cares? It's still the NBA, it's still a shortened league season, it still took him joining two other All-Stars to get one, etc etc. Hopefully they'll just stop talking about the biotch now.

At some point you have to sit back and appreciate greatness regardless how big of a dbag he is. He's a once in a generation type talent.

At some point you have to sit back and appreciate greatness regardless how big of a dbag he is. He's a once in a generation type talent.

I've always appreciated his greatness. He's clearly the best player in the world and I fully expected the Heat to win prior to the season...its just once OKC started going I thought they'd take control. Especially when you couple that with the way the Heat were letting up in the 4th. Still doesnt mean he's not a gigantic dbag just because he wont a title and is trying to clean his image. **** that guy.

Side note; there is no home court advantage in the Finals. That 2-3-2 is ****ing stupid. Really wonder what would have happened in the 2-2-1-1-1 scenario. OKC is a different team at home.

LeBron is the best player of his generation, was the clearcut MVP during the regular season and postseason. Of course he shouldve won the title.

I thought LeBron was the best player in the series but picked the Thunder in 6 because of the overall talent. I didn't think that everyone but Durant would crap the bed.

Congrats, LeBron. But the downside is that you now have groupies like Blackout who completely ignore the fact that just 2 weeks ago you ripped out the heart of "his" team by embarrasing them on their homecourt.

LeBron is the best player of his generation, was the clearcut MVP during the regular season and postseason. Of course he shouldve won the title.

I thought LeBron was the best player in the series but picked the Thunder in 6 because of the overall talent. I didn't think that everyone but Durant would crap the bed.

Congrats, LeBron. But the downside is that you now have groupies like Blackout who completely ignore the fact that just 2 weeks ago you ripped out the heart of "his" team by embarrasing them on their homecourt.

Agreed 100%. Durant will get his though. No doubt about it.

Agreed 100%. Durant will get his though. No doubt about it.

Durant's performance was encouraging, but there should be some (not a lot) but some concern about Westbrook and moreso about Harden. They crapped the bed big time.

Westbrook's erraticness and apathy in the huddle are troubling and for Harden it is hard for a player to grow a spine. Great young players have crapped the bed in the Finals (Magic did it against Boston--after his magical first title), but you still have to wonder.

Durant's performance was encouraging, but there should be some (not a lot) but some concern about Westbrook and moreso about Harden. They crapped the bed big time.

Westbrook's erraticness and apathy in the huddle are troubling and for Harden it is hard for a player to grow a spine. Great young players have crapped the bed in the Finals (Magic did it against Boston--after his magical first title), but you still have to wonder.

Westbrook = Steve Francis.

I kept forgetting Harden was in that series.

Westbrook = Steve Francis.

I kept forgetting Harden was in that series.

Not entirely sure it's still plausible, but you'd have to think that OKC would jump at the chance to trade Westbrook to the Nets for Deron in a sign and trade. I'm not sure if sign and trades are legal anymore.

Not entirely sure it's still plausible, but you'd have to think that OKC would jump at the chance to trade Westbrook to the Nets for Deron in a sign and trade. I'm not sure if sign and trades are legal anymore.

lol they are not getting ridda westbrook

No, they wouldn't. Westbrook and Durant are both top 5 players in the NBA, and will be for the foreseeable future. If OKC can keep their "big 3" together (Durant, Westbrook, Harden)...We will be seeing Heat vs. Thunder for many years to come.

I'm holding off on Harden, but I'm not putting too much into the Westbrook pitchforkers. He played like a 23-year-old. At times he looked immature, inconsistent, and dumb. That's how 23-year-old players play. I get that people live to break out the judgement hammer, but man, sometimes you have to sit back and remember just how young that is. These guys are still kids. OKC will be fine, Durant obviously will and Westbrook will continue to round out his game. He's already a borderline top-10 player and was arguably the best point guard in the league for the second half of the season, not to mention that he had some incredible performances this postseason. Yes, he looked inconsistent and immature, he looked like a 23-year-old. No shame in that.

I dunno...not sure you should break this thing up. Just sayin, Westbrook is a frustrating player.

I'm holding off on Harden, but I'm not putting too much into the Westbrook pitchforkers. He played like a 23-year-old. At times he looked immature, inconsistent, and dumb. That's how 23-year-old players play. I get that people live to break out the judgement hammer, but man, sometimes you have to sit back and remember just how young that is. These guys are still kids. OKC will be fine, Durant obviously will and Westbrook will continue to round out his game. He's already a borderline top-10 player and was arguably the best point guard in the league for the second half of the season, not to mention that he had some incredible performances this postseason. Yes, he looked inconsistent and immature, he looked like a 23-year-old. No shame in that.

Like my post said, there should be "some concern" about Westbrook. I'm not passing judgment on him as a player. Yes, he's still very young, but there are no guarantees that he mentally improves. Thunder fans can only hope.

Like my post said, there should be "some concern" about Westbrook. I'm not passing judgment on him as a player. Yes, he's still very young, but there are no guarantees that he mentally improves. Thunder fans can only hope.

I'd say it's certainly probable. The jump from last year to this year was night and day.

Westbrook isnt even a top 5 PG

CP3

Nash

Rondo

DWill

Rose

Parker

Westbrook

No particular order, but I'd have him at worst 6 above Parker. I havent put much stock into ranking them lately, especially considering I have no idea how Rose will be after he comes back. I also put a lot of stock on the fact that the kid doesn't miss any games.

I think a valid argument can easily be made for him being top 5, but vice versa as well I suppose.

Archived