Ask Tom Shane a question about the Jets

Maxman

Francesa has been in semi-retirement for the last five years, it seems. I don't think you can put Boomer and Carton there for the simple reason that they can't talk sports for more than two minutes at a clip before Carton starts off on some unfunny, inane bullsh*t. I can't imagine Boomer wants to do radio for five more years, either. The dude has to have more money than God. I'd almost guarantee that they'll bring Adam the Bull back to take over for Francesa when he leaves. He was farmed out to their Cleveland affiliate to work afternoons, probably to season him up for the big chair when Mike bails.

You know who would be a great, sneaky hire? Jim Rome. I think his shtick would play in NY now, unlike ten years ago.

Yeah, Mike has been coasting for a while now. It's a shame what they've let his football Sunday show turn into, considering it used to be a must listen. Commercial, recycled Phil Simms interview, commercial, one of Mike's kids on air, recycled coach interview, commercial, recycled Mikes picks from the week.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What amazes me about Boomer these days is he has no problem going after the type of spoiled athletes he exactly was when he was playing.

He cried his way out of Cinci...threw everyone under the bus here and parlayed it into Imus getting him a gig and has never left since.

My Boomer impression:

FROM WHAT SENORGATO RECALLS MY DAUGHTER IS HOT. ALSO BE REASONABLE CARTON OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS. SOMETHING ABOUT THE RANGERS.

I'd almost guarantee that they'll bring Adam the Bull back to take over for Francesa when he leaves. He was farmed out to their Cleveland affiliate to work afternoons, probably to season him up for the big chair when Mike bails.

Cleveland... the NBA D-League for radio.

You know who would be a great, sneaky hire? Jim Rome. I think his shtick would play in NY now, unlike ten years ago.

I thought for sure you were going to say Sid Rosenberg.

Sid's screwed up so many times Chernoff wants nothing to do with him anymore

Had I been another six-pack deeper, he might have gotten punched in the throat when he was sitting across from me at the Jets-Giants game in 2003... his unfortunate on-air partner at the time, Joe Beningo, was sitting about 3-4 rows behind him and was visibly embarrassed by his behavior.

Had I been another six-pack deeper, he might have gotten punched in the throat when he was sitting across from me at the Jets-Giants game in 2003... his unfortunate on-air partner at the time, Joe Beningo, was sitting about 3-4 rows behind him and was visibly embarrassed by his behavior.

Well if you miss him, he's going to be on Imus tomorrow.

Do you believe (as I do) that Richard Todd actually threw the 82-83 AFC Championship game down in Miami? I have always been suspicious that Todd decided not to fly home with the team and instead headed up to Ft. Lauderdale...to get his payoff perhaps?

Actually no, it's not. SoFla's referring to "The Joker" and it is definitely pompatus. Steve Miller has even admitted he made the word up.

Strangely it never caught on with the masses. Everyone knows what Tebowing is, but pompatus - no clue.

Is Coples going to lead in sacks?

Will we go to the SB ?

Do you believe in Miracles?

If the LA Kings who took 40 + yrs can do it, can we?

To Tebow or not to Tebow?

Do you believe (as I do) that Richard Todd actually threw the 82-83 AFC Championship game down in Miami? I have always been suspicious that Todd decided not to fly home with the team and instead headed up to Ft. Lauderdale...to get his payoff perhaps?

Interesting. But, I don't think Todd needed any extra help to suck. It's amazing how bad this franchise is at finding quarterbacks.

Is Coples going to lead in sacks?

In the absolute best case scenario, yes. It will mean that Rex finally found a way to motivate one of the pet degenerates that he likes to pretend he can resurrect. Right now, I'd bet on Wilkerson leading the team with six sacks.

Will we go to the SB ?

I can get us tickets, but I don't want you to think that means we're going steady.

Do you believe in Miracles?

I'd say no, but Ryan Reynolds is a movie star.

If the LA Kings who took 40 + yrs can do it, can we?

The only reason hockey exists is because ESPN didn't want to lose the whole klansmen demo.

To Tebow or not to Tebow?

Abstinence is for the weak and unattractive.

Sid's screwed up so many times Chernoff wants nothing to do with him anymore

There may still be bookies and dealers of recreational pharma products to whom he owes cash to all over the tristate area. There is no way he ever sees a NYC radio job in this lifetime. And it's not like his insights were so brilliant in the first place anyway.

Interesting. But, I don't think Todd needed any extra help to suck. It's amazing how bad this franchise is at finding quarterbacks.

It's quite amazing. Todd, O'Brien and now Sanchez are pretty much the same guy-top ikc, middling talent, handed starting job, occasional success- with a few differences. And because they were top picks good money gets thrown after bad and season after season goes to sh*t.

It's quite amazing. Todd, O'Brien and now Sanchez are pretty much the same guy-top ikc, middling talent, handed starting job, occasional success- with a few differences. And because they were top picks good money gets thrown after bad and season after season goes to sh*t.

O'Brien doesn't belong to be grouped in there. He was a very good QB.

O'Brien doesn't belong to be grouped in there. He was a very good QB.

In a playoff game vs. Kosar, his own coach didn't trust him. Heck, he only played that game because pat Ryan got hurt. And the guy held the ball FOREVER. The stats may not back it up but he was the most sacked QB in NFL history because he refused to dump it off or throw it away. The Jets had a decent OL most of hisi time here. And if they dump you for a douche like the aforementioned Mr. Esiason, how good are you at all. And as with the other 2, he did have some bright moments, but he was mostly sh*tty, carried by a good defense a a decent running game. But I repeat myself-FOR 5 FREAKING DECADES.

I can get us tickets, but I don't want you to think that means we're going steady.

I'm currently anti-commitment

The only reason hockey exists is because ESPN didn't want to lose the whole klansmen demo.

That's ridiculous!!!! No wonder you're in ghey denial.

Worse player:

Scott Frost

or

Otis Smith.

Frost, easily. Otis Smith was actually pretty solid when he was younger. Jim McMahon, then with the Eagles, said that Smith was the best corner on the team, and that was with Eric Allen and Mark McMillian on the roster.

As bad as Frost was, he's not a top-five worst Jets I've ever seen.

That list, YOU ASK?????

5. Damien Robinson-- Made Eric Smith look like Ronnie Lott.

4. Dwayne Joaeph-- Another awesome QB conversion project. We do those well.

3. Don Boyd Odegard-- I hate white people. /noracist

2. JP Machado-- to quote bitonti, Machado specialized in the "reverse pancake."

1. Vernon Gholston-- Just a horrible, horrible player.

Archived