Yankees took 5 of 6 from the Mets this year

Pretty frustrating overall, but the silver lining is that four out of five of the losses can be hung on the sh*tty bullpen. Alderson has two choices: either go out and find two new relievers, plus a legit bat to replace Bay, or he should go ahead and trade Dickey and Johan for the best packages of prospects he can get.

The Mets are supposed to lose all 6 to the colossus that is the Yankees.

The Mets did well in their toughest stretch of schedule over the last 3 and a half weeks. Tejada back should help solidify the infield.

They are extremely vulnerable to left handers, and as others have mentioned, the bullpen needs fortifying. I would like to see how Mejia eventually fills in a role there

The Mets lineup is bad-bad. And maybe someone should let Ike Davis know these games count.

3rd most runs in the NL. Lead the majors in 2 out runs. Ike certainly had an effect in Friday's game ;)

The Mets line-up does not have power, but they hit in the clutch and work pitchers. Better tan waiting or a home run, which never came in the past.

3rd most runs in the NL. Lead the majors in 2 out runs. Ike certainly had an effect in Friday's game ;)

The Mets line-up does not have power, but they hit in the clutch and work pitchers. Better tan waiting or a home run, which never came in the past.

That stuff evens out.

Home runs are never bad and the Yankees are winning so who cares.

The Mets have scored 13 runs less than the Yankees for the season. Line-up can not be that bad.

Ok. They are a good story....but logically, they wont keep up this pace. If they do I'll be surprised.

You said their line-up is BAD. What is bad about it-what you think they will do in the future? That is a fairly poor argument.

Wright has no protection. Ike Davis has been a bust and their OF really doesnt have any pop.

Once the front office is straightened out, I expect them to pursue upgrades.

Wright has no protection. Ike Davis has been a bust and their OF really doesnt have any pop.

Once the front office is straightened out, I expect them to pursue upgrades.

The problem is that they are overly left handed. I am fine with Duda being protection for Wright. Duda has more RBI than Cano, and Davis has just as many as Cano.

But, Duda, Davis, Thole, Murphy (although it appears he is being phased out) all being left handed is too much. They certainly can upgrade at 2B and LF.

The Mets in their history have never been a huge HR hitting team. The stadiums they call home preclude that. You certainly want someone who has pop (Duda and Davis can provide that), but they will never rely on that.

To say the line-up is bad is a poor judgment statement. Can it be improved? Certainly. And therein lies more hope.

The problem is that they are overly left handed. I am fine with Duda being protection for Wright. Duda has more RBI than Cano, and Davis has just as many as Cano.

But, Duda, Davis, Thole, Murphy (although it appears he is being phased out) all being left handed is too much. They certainly can upgrade at 2B and LF.

The Mets in their history have never been a huge HR hitting team. The stadiums they call home preclude that. You certainly want someone who has pop (Duda and Davis can provide that), but they will never rely on that.

To say the line-up is bad is a poor judgment statement. Can it be improved? Certainly. And therein lies more hope.

Murphy has reached the point where he's an absolute net negative. If he's going to hit .260 with zero power, he has to go, and the Mets need to let Valdespin play every day.

When Murphy was hitting close to 300 you could put up with limited power and defense -now him and catcher gives two positions with no power at all. Still the bullpen is what has killed them this year and subpar defense and still 5 games over a tribute to getting all 25 making some contributions actually more than 25 with the replacements

When Murphy was hitting close to 300 you could put up with limited power and defense -now him and catcher gives two positions with no power at all. Still the bullpen is what has killed them this year and subpar defense and still 5 games over a tribute to getting all 25 making some contributions actually more than 25 with the replacements

Throw in Davis being awful and it's half of a batting order that's essentially useless. I think we're going to move Murphy for some middle relief.

Pretty frustrating overall, but the silver lining is that four out of five of the losses can be hung on the sh*tty bullpen. Alderson has two choices: either go out and find two new relievers, plus a legit bat to replace Bay, or he should go ahead and trade Dickey and Johan for the best packages of prospects he can get.

I don't think there's any emergency lever that has to be pulled right now. There are two wild cards this year and the Mets have 2 starters throwing at a high level, you have to take your shot with that. Both are under contract through next year, meaning you can save that whole scenario for 2013.

We're in desperate need of some more hitting though. Was sitting in Wrigley tonight and that lineup was so sad. With the exception of Wright and Cedeno all of those guys looked like 6-9 hitters. Really remarkable reason. you have to tip your cap to Sandy and Collins. No shame in getting busted up by the Yanks with the lineup we've been putting on the field.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

I don't think there's any emergency lever that has to be pulled right now. There are two wild cards this year and the Mets have 2 starters throwing at a high level, you have to take your shot with that. Both are under contract through next year, meaning you can save that whole scenario for 2013.

We're in desperate need of some more hitting though. Was sitting in Wrigley tonight and that lineup was so sad. With the exception of Wright and Cedeno all of those guys looked like 6-9 hitters. Really remarkable reason. you have to tip your cap to Sandy and Collins. No shame in getting busted up by the Yanks with the lineup we've been putting on the field.

Nice post. Ike is showing signs which will be a big help. The biggest issue besides the pen which is a crap shoot for any team from year to year is Bay falling off the face of the earth. Heard a caller to the FAN last week say his decline along with some 50 other MLB players who suddenly stopped producing coincides with MLB adopting its current HGH testing program. I think he said it was the winter of 09.

Nice post. Ike is showing signs which will be a big help. The biggest issue besides the pen which is a crap shoot for any team from year to year is Bay falling off the face of the earth. Heard a caller to the FAN last week say his decline along with some 50 other MLB players who suddenly stopped producing coincides with MLB adopting its current HGH testing program. I think he said it was the winter of 09.

Davis coming back around is huge, but I also have my reserves about Wright keeping this up down the stretch, meaning if he drops down to the lower .300's it could offset Ike's surge. That said, even regardless, it's been relieving to see him finally wake up. Had me scared sh*tless for a while.

Reports are for now that since we're so short on cash flow and can't get comp picks for players lost in free agency that you just traded for anymore, Sandy's hesitant. And I guess I'm cool with that, as much as I'd like to pull the trigger on Lidge or something I respect the fact that rebuilding the farm system is still priority #1 and nothing is going to change that.

Kind of crazy we're back in an age where 30 homers is considered impressive again. I forgot what that was like.