xbox 360 game recomendations

joebabyny

Red Dead is a beautiful game. You can take your horse up to a cliff and just watch the sky, it's that awesome of a graphics job.

gears of war 3 is also extremely high end graphics but in a different way. Ever wonder what a chainsaw on the end of an assault rifle will do to a man?

Skyrim and Red Dead for sure. Borderlands is also pretty cool. I don't really like first-person shooters, but I enjoyed that one. I also picked up Dead Rising for dirt cheap. That one is pretty fun if you missed it the first time around.

What's known as like the scariest game? Is there any? We have an xb360 an nobody plays it. But if I could find something super scary that would be cool.

No first person shooter stuff...makes me dizzy and annoyed.

I don't know about scary, but the FEAR games are pretty creepy.

What's known as like the scariest game? Is there any? We have an xb360 an nobody plays it. But if I could find something super scary that would be cool.

I saw this a while back...I don't have much experience with any of these games, so I can't give you any personal recommendations. I've heard a lot of good stuff about Alan Wake, though, and they mention Silent Hill at the end; I always liked that series. Some of these are first-person oriented (I don't like those either) and some aren't.

Study measures scariest Xbox 360 game

ByTom PhillipsPublished 9 September, 2011

Tests gamer sweat levels, body temp.

The scariest video game on Xbox 360 is EA's sci-fi survival horror Dead Space 2, a new scientific study has determined.

The survey, undertaken by usability studio Vertical Slice, tested both core and casual gamers' heart rate, sweat levels and body temperature while playing Alan Wake, Resident Evil 5, Dead Space 2 and Condemned, reports Gamasutra.

Players exposed to the first half hour of Dead Space 2 demonstrated varying degrees of shock at the events on screen: "None of the players' interest was stimulated during the cutscene that played at the start," the report details, "at least not until Isaac witnesses his dead wife become a necromorph in a horrific fashion."

"At least four of the participants found this moment distressing, and were frightened further still when throttled by the orderly, only to have him gruesomely slaughtered by a grotesque creature."

Unsurprisingly, experienced players labelled "core gamers" dealt better with the scares than the wussy subjects labelled "casual".

All test subjects experienced rapidly increased heart rate, "stunted breathing", and a rise in skin temperature, however.

Some even expressed their fears vocally. "Olivia suffers her first direct attack from a necromorph," the study notes. "Clearly, her irregular GSR [Galvanic Skin Response] patterns are aligned with this moment, and she was shouting, 'God, Oh my God, this s**t is so scary!'"

Games initially considered but found not scary enough for the study included Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of War 2, Condemned 2, Fear 1 & 2, Dead Space 1, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Alone in the Dark and Mass Effect 2.

Alan Wake's atmosphere kind of makes it scary, but the lack of variety in baddies and gameplay makes it dull after a while.

Archived