CC is no worries.

OTOH: The Cubs will help you guys out. Dempster for Banuelos and Gumbs.

No way Thea helps Cash with his buddy Cherrington with the Sawx

Look for the Cubs to be the new feeding system for the Sawx, taking over for San Diego.

So it is not my imagination but pitchers of all types and ages breaking down- the body is not made to put all that strain on them

Ehh, doesn't matter too much what age you are, you take a shot like that off the ankle and you're most likely not bouncing right up.

Look for the Cubs to be the new feeding system for the Sawx, taking over for San Diego.

Whoever pays. We'll take Barnes from Boston then.

Edited by SenorGato

Dempster is hurt too, isn't he?

"hurt"

I think it was a dumb idea to DL him unless a deal is already in place that they're holding off for whatever reason, but from what I read no one thinks there's actually an injury.

Edited by SenorGato

Yawn. Padres got good value. Rizzo is going to be a monster. Just for the Cubs now.

Hopefully, we get a better caliber of player from the Cubbies.

Yeah, that whole Cubs feeding the Red Sox thing isn't going to happen. Theo would son the sh*t out of Cherington in the first place, but also the Cubs are capable of holding a payroll similar to the Red Sox.

Edited by SenorGato

So it is not my imagination but pitchers of all types and ages breaking down- the body is not made to put all that strain on them

He got hit by a baseball, lol. Unless he was in a suit of armor I don't think his bone really had much of a shot.

So the Yankees are sacrificing 2 starts, and taxing their arms instead of a player just saying "no, thanks".

That would be odd.

They're 17 games or whatever over .500...didnt know Pettitte would get hurt. This was probably planned for a while now.

I agree...AGone has been a total bust in Boston

:rl:

While there is no doubt he has struggled this year and I am hoping his return to 1B helps. His first season he hit .338 27 HRs 117 RBIs and was an All-Star, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger and finished 7th in MVP voting. Hardly a bust Jon.

:rl:

While there is no doubt he has struggled this year and I am hoping his return to 1B helps. His first season he hit .338 27 HRs 117 RBIs and was an All-Star, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger and finished 7th in MVP voting. Hardly a bust Jon.

WHat he did last year means nothing. What he's doing this year is almost embarrassing

.268 with 6 HR's for a guy that was supposed to be the savior in Beantown? He flat out stinks right now. Might as well have kept Youk at 1st

Tough losses, but the Yanks should be able to tread water in the meantime. CC will probably only miss 2 starts because of the All Star Break in between the DL stint.

Certain players don't have the makeup to play in the Big City

Just look at AGone

WHat he did last year means nothing. What he's doing this year is almost embarrassing

.268 with 6 HR's for a guy that was supposed to be the savior in Beantown? He flat out stinks right now. Might as well have kept Youk at 1st

After signing that huge contract last year, he had a huge year. He is fine with being in Boston.

For whatever reason he is struggling. He is hitting 20 points lower as a RF than 1B. Now that Youk is gone, he will get closer to his career .290 average. The concern is where did his power go. Even when he was hitting 270-280 as a Padre, he was crushing 30+ HRs.

He will workout of it just like Jeter did when he crumbled to pressure as he approached 3000.

After signing that huge contract last year, he had a huge year. He is fine with being in Boston.

For whatever reason he is struggling. He is hitting 20 points lower as a RF than 1B. Now that Youk is gone, he will get closer to his career .290 average. The concern is where did his power go. Even when he was hitting 270-280 as a Padre, he was crushing 30+ HRs.

He will workout of it just like Jeter did when he crumbled to pressure as he approached 3000.

Agree. Questioning this guys talent or saying he is a bust is a joke. You would think Yankee fans have never seen Tex struggle out of the gate only to eventually right the ship.

• Upvote 1

If only Andy knew of a way to accelerate the healing process...

Come on Andy is a Saint.

Feel bad for this kid the Yanks brought up tonight. Parents in the stands....gets through the 1st inning ok and then the WSOX use him as batting practice.