Sign in to follow this  
Matt39

Alderson not happy with the Mets faithful

It's funny how Wright isn't really embraced by Mets fans. He's a nice guy, but he comes off as soft. The fact that he doesn't run out grounders and pop-ups hasn't gone unnoticed, either.

It's funny how Wright isn't really embraced by Mets fans. He's a nice guy, but he comes off as soft. The fact that he doesn't run out grounders and pop-ups hasn't gone unnoticed, either.

Collins has the Mets playing the game they way its supposed to be played. Somehow they lead the league in errors though.

Edited by Matt39

So the Giants fans stuffed the ballot box-big deal

Wright is playing better defensively this year as well.

I do have to say that I am surprised that NYers aren't more into voting. It has always been that way, more going on here? I am not sure the answer entirely but when I was in KC for a Yankees game a month or so ago, they handed out ballots to everyone in the stadium. The old fashioned way, the ushers will now collect them etc.

Past years yes, this year no. Everyone I know has been more than impressed with his transition into being a Collins guy and stepping up as a leader in the clubhouse. Finally showing emotion on the field and at the plate to boot. Not to mention carrying the offense night after night. No reason he shouldn't at least get his name thrown out like 4th or 5th in the NL MVP discussions right now. It's been a welcome shift. I guess that's where some of the resentment came from; you always knew he was capable of being this type of player, and it was starting to get old seeing him not maximizing what he was clearly able to do.

That said, I doubt the All-Star thing had anything to do with Mets fans not respecting Wright enough. It probably has more to do with people just having better sh*t to do with their time.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Collins has the Mets playing the game they way its supposed to be played. Somehow they lead the league in errors though.

Putrid defensively. Last Monday's and yesterday's loss are both on defense. The way they blew Game 1 to the Cubs was pathetic. Two missed pop-ups in a row and a grounder that rolled right past Davis without him so much as moving for it in the 7th. Awful.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

One thing I think sums up how Wright is now, as opposed to other years, was his answer when asked about him being up on Sandoval a few days ago before voting had finished. The reporter asked why he didn't think it was a sure thing he'd be starting. He looked at the reporter and just said;

"We were up 7 with 17 to go."

That right there sums up the type of player he is now. Focused and no-nonsense, no more boyish answers. Collins may be nuts in a lot of ways, but that definitely comes from him. You never heard that type of stuff from Wright in previous years, or saw things like him going at it with the manager in the dugout about taking him out so he wouldn't get beaned. The whole thing has just been so refreshing and enjoyable.

its a pain in the ass to vote. i went to vote, filled out the ballot for all mets players because im a homer and no matter what is at stake the all star game is bullsh*t, but when the ask for all my information, like i ordered something off of amazon, i decided 1. i didnt want emails from the mlb and 2. it wasnt worth my time to type all that sh*t in there

Absolute embarrassment for the Mets fan base....what little there is

Can't get their average 3rd baseman having a career year in the AS Game....what a joke

Can't get their average 3rd baseman having a career year in the AS Game....what a joke

Jone, breaking news, he IS in the All Star game.

Odd, I did not see the Yankees 3rd basemen on the squad. You know, the guy signed through 2017 for close to 150 mill? Now THERE is the joke.

Jone, breaking news, he IS in the All Star game.

Odd, I did not see the Yankees 3rd basemen on the squad. You know, the guy signed through 2017 for close to 150 mill? Now THERE is the joke.

No arguing there...ARod stinks now....he's a shell of his former self.

The Mess fanbase should be ashamed not voting their mediocre 3rd baseman having a career year on the team

Edited by JonEJet

The Mess fanbase should be ashamed not voting their mediocre 3rd baseman having a career year on the team

There are many things I'm ashamed of in my life. Many, many things. Forgetting to go to MLB.com to vote for the third baseman on my favorite baseball team is certainly not one them.

• Upvote 1

No arguing there...ARod stinks now....he's a shell of his former self.

LOL at the Yankee fan more worried about players appearances in an exhibition game, while Mets fans look toward a possible unlikely run to the playoffs.

How the tides are changing in NY.

There are many things I'm ashamed of in my life. Many, many things. Forgetting to go to MLB.com to vote for the third baseman on my favorite baseball team is certainly not one them.

maybe NY isnt quite the baseball town the Mike Francesa's of the world try and make it seem it is...

maybe NY isnt quite the baseball town the Mike Francesa's of the world try and make it seem it is...

NY's a basketball town in denial. Anyone who thinks it's really a baseball town hasn't lived in Chicago.

There is no doubt that NY loves baseball. What I have seen happen in other cities, is that they will get local yokel disc jockies to hop on a bandwagon to "stuff ballot boxes" in support of the local hero. This gets to be a groundswell of non baseball fans mindlessly pressing buttons.

In NY, the big stage is not the All Star game, but the culmination of a championship (which is why I am so surprised to see Jone touting the All Star appearance).

For some towns, having a player start an AS game is all they have.

NY's a basketball town in denial. Anyone who thinks it's really a baseball town hasn't lived in Chicago.

Or St Louis.

arent the Bears #1 in Chicago though?

There is no doubt that NY loves baseball. What I have seen happen in other cities, is that they will get local yokel disc jockies to hop on a bandwagon to "stuff ballot boxes" in support of the local hero. This gets to be a groundswell of non baseball fans mindlessly pressing buttons.

In NY, the big stage is not the All Star game, but the culmination of a championship (which is why I am so surprised to see Jone touting the All Star appearance).

For some towns, having a player start an AS game is all they have.

no doubt Ny loves all sports imo...but I think the days of NY being baseball and everything else an afterthought are long gone.

These Giants Super Bowls had way more buzz than the Yanks WS win in 2009. Even the Jets runs created more of a buzz in the city.

• Upvote 1

Or St Louis.

arent the Bears #1 in Chicago though?

Not even remotely. Cubs and Sox are 1a and 1b, and the Bears are a distant, distant 2nd. Baseball town through and through, where which team actually defines you as a person and it divides neighborhoods. The level of animosity between both fanbases is something that Mets/Yankees fans never create between each other. I personally think Ricketts is a racist POS and Cubs fans are some of the most annoying people on earth; plus I already have one cursed NL franchise in my life, no need to jump on a 2nd. Also Wrigley loses its nostalgia after a few visits. Sooner or later you come to the realization that the place is a dump. The rooftops are a blast though, can't deny that.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Not even remotely. Cubs and Sox are 1a and 1b, and the Bears are a distant, distant 2nd. Baseball town through and through, where which team actually defines you as a person and it divides neighborhoods. The level of animosity between both fanbases is something that Mets/Yankees fans never create between each other. I personally think Ricketts is a racist POS and Cubs fans are some of the most annoying people on earth; plus I already have one cursed NL franchise in my life, no need to jump on a 2nd. Also Wrigley loses its nostalgia after a few visits. Sooner or later you come to the realization that the place is a dump. The rooftops are a blast though, can't deny that.

To paraphrase you, Chicago's a baseball town in denial. People here love to self-identify as BLOO-CALLER TUFF and every media outlet is wall-to-wall Bears from July-February, so everyone thinks it's a football town. The dirty little secret is that nobody knows dick about any other team (and many don't even know dick about the Bears beyond URLACKRRRRRR). In terms of overall popularity, the Bears are #1, but the baseball teams are way more important culturally.

Also, I don't begrudge anyone hating on Cubs fans, but in the interest of equal time, White Sox fans are the most repulsive collection of vulgar, insular, racist, Reinsdorf-slurping, meth-huffing, sister-*******, bunker-mentality mongoloids this side of Lincoln Financial Field. They only thing that saves them from laying claim to the title of Worst Fanbase in North American Sports is the continued existence of Miami-Dade County.

• Upvote 1

You shut your mouth about Tom RIcketts RJF. You shut your mouth and you keep it closed tight, ya hear? If you're talking about his parents, probably, but isn't that just a thing old people are anyway?

White Sox fans are scum.

Cubs fans do have a bit of a loser attitude...When I first joined the ranks I was like "oh, these people seem happy." They're not happy and they have sh*tty standards. Gosh dammit the amount of praise I've heard them give the LA Dodgers...THE LA DODGERS! WTF they're so mediocre.

Luckily I always have one foot in Yankee fan-dom. So long as I avoid visiting a Yankee forum it's cool...Yankee fans are surprisingly fine to talk baseball with now in the real world.

Edited by SenorGato

White Sox fans are the most repulsive collection of vulgar, insular, racist, Reinsdorf-slurping, meth-huffing, sister-*******, bunker-mentality mongoloids this side of Lincoln Financial Field.

I had some sort of rebuttal working in my head until I read this. Well played.

I'll give you that, Jon. Nobody supports their average players more than Yankee fans.

derek_jeter_yankees-4354.jpg

Past years yes, this year no. Everyone I know has been more than impressed with his transition into being a Collins guy and stepping up as a leader in the clubhouse. Finally showing emotion on the field and at the plate to boot. Not to mention carrying the offense night after night. No reason he shouldn't at least get his name thrown out like 4th or 5th in the NL MVP discussions right now. It's been a welcome shift. I guess that's where some of the resentment came from; you always knew he was capable of being this type of player, and it was starting to get old seeing him not maximizing what he was clearly able to do.

That said, I doubt the All-Star thing had anything to do with Mets fans not respecting Wright enough. It probably has more to do with people just having better sh*t to do with their time.

Good points. I think Wright also took the blame for Manuel's zero-discipline clubhouse situation when everyone was asking, "who's the leader?"

Good points. I think Wright also took the blame for Manuel's zero-discipline clubhouse situation when everyone was asking, "who's the leader?"

Those were some really weird years with Jerry. At first I was just so happy because he had some semblance of an idea about how to use a double switch, but then it became pretty obvious that he just wasn't cut out for National League ball and especially a team like that Mets roster. In hindsight, it was probably grossly unfair towards Wright. Managers and GM's not doing their job well is sooner or later going to filter down on to the field to the younger players, which Wright was for the Randolph/Manuel years.

I remember talking to my buddy back home earlier this year when Wright had that spat with Collins in the dugout, and we both were just like, "that is so awesome." Finally the guy taking charge and showing he had a pulse. I have my reserves about him keeping his numbers at the level they are for the second half, but regardless, he's been the best player and the leader on what's turning out to be the most enjoyable Mets season I've seen in over a decade. Can't ask for much more than that.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Yeah, no.

TOM HIMSELF!?!?! I demand news.

Edit: His dad. I said what I said.

Edited by SenorGato

TOM HIMSELF!?!?! I demand news.

Meh, no. I demand you stop with the annoying schtick in the football forum for one full season and I'll grace you with the juicy ins and outs of Chicago politics.

Politics are gay. Not worth it. If I find out Tom Ricketts is a racist it must be on my own accord! *Batman cape turn*

Edited by SenorGato

Those were some really weird years with Jerry. At first I was just so happy because he had some semblance of an idea about how to use a double switch, but then it became pretty obvious that he just wasn't cut out for National League ball and especially a team like that Mets roster. In hindsight, it was probably grossly unfair towards Wright. Managers and GM's not doing their job well is sooner or later going to filter down on to the field to the younger players, which Wright was for the Randolph/Manuel years.

I remember talking to my buddy back home earlier this year when Wright had that spat with Collins in the dugout, and we both were just like, "that is so awesome." Finally the guy taking charge and showing he had a pulse. I have my reserves about him keeping his numbers at the level they are for the second half, but regardless, he's been the best player and the leader on what's turning out to be the most enjoyable Mets season I've seen in over a decade. Can't ask for much more than that.

To this point, Wright told the umpire to f*ck himself after a dubious Strike Three call today. It'd be cool if his nuts finally dropped.

To this point, Wright told the umpire to f*ck himself after a dubious Strike Three call today. It'd be cool if his nuts finally dropped.

If Wright did that, that would make him wrong.

Good God.

Are you saying I was wrong for typing that?

WHY THE **** DO WE KEEP LOSING TO THE sh*tTY ASS CUBS??!!??!??!??!?!??!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?