12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado

hoping4ASuperBowl

What gets me the most about this story, is how the killer thought everything out. He had a bullet proof vest , a mask , smoke bombs, a shot gun, 2 rifles, and something that looked like an AK.

My condolences are certainly with the family & friends of the victims.

What gets me the most about this story, is how the killer thought everything out. He had a bullet proof vest , a mask , smoke bombs, a shot gun, 2 rifles, and something that looked like an AK.

My condolences are certainly with the family & friends of the victims.

He definitely has some sort of message he's trying to spread (when you combine all that with the fact that he never planned on returning home, and allowed himself to be arrested rather than killing himself). Im sure we haven't even come close to hearing the end about this case/person. He's certainly got everyone's attention now.

RIP to the 12 innocents who lost their lives. And my condolences to the families of these victims.

I was coming out of a theater after last night's premier on Chicago's west side, and I'll admit, it was scary as all hell. Theaters all over the city were absolutely packed and flooding out at 3 in the morning, and it was pretty obvious early on that there were no security measures taken by either the theaters or local law enforcement. That many people congregated in several confined spots all over the city at that time of night, not the most comfortable feeling.

Very tragic. Guy was obviously a smart dude, wonder what drove him to that point.

what i want to know is:

1-was the killer trying to escape after he left the theater or was he just waiting to be arrested?

2-why he didn't off himself when he WAS arrested

3-when his apartment bombs will finally be de-bugged

Not sure, but it is getting closer and closer to being the norm which each passing day.

yeah, this guy is going to ruin it for the rest of us sane people

think of how many people in Colorado now are scared to go to the movies after this guy did this?

what i want to know is:

1-was the killer trying to escape after he left the theater or was he just waiting to be arrested?

2-why he didn't off himself when he WAS arrested

3-when his apartment bombs will finally be de-bugged

1. He likely knew there was a good chance he'd be arrested. They say he tried to create a diversion if his booby trapped apartment was triggered, but if it was really his aim to create such a diversion, he would have just triggered an explosion remotely. Also the fact that his apartment was wired for explosives, and he does not possess the money needed to buy a new apartment, tells us that he had no plans to go anywhere resembling a home. Finally, for such a well thought out and executed assault, he would have probably thought out a better escape plan were that really his goal.

2. He didn't off himself when he was arrested likely because he wants to witness the mass hysteria, fear, surprise, and damage he caused. From everything I read about James Holmes, it seems as if he was someone that never had any meaningful relationships or close friends in his life, and was/is incapable of trust (as evidenced most likely by his severe shyness/quietness). He's a smart guy that likely felt as though he never got any type of recognition, and was overlooked in society as just being "quite and shy", as everyone has described him. Point being, this to him was his chance to get the recognition and attention he has likely craved for a long time. And he was not about to miss it by offing himself. ( This also helps explain #1, as he likely wanted to be identified for the crime to be sure he got the recognition for it).

3. There's a reason he warned police about the explosives in his apartment before they got a chance to search it. He gets off on the confusion and confoundment it has caused the bomb squad and others who, in all their years of training and their jobs, have never seen a booby trap this intricate or volatile. If someone were to enter and blow the apartment up, no one would know just how smart he was in creating this intricate trap.

hopefully, none of us will ever be faced with this decision

but this seems like good advice

from a witness ;

"Lay down, be very still. Play dead," she told people as the crawled back toward her. "He won't shoot people he already thinks are dead."

hopefully, none of us will ever be faced with this decision

but this seems like good advice

from a witness ;

"Lay down, be very still. Play dead," she told people as the crawled back toward her. "He won't shoot people he already thinks are dead."

exactly

btw the kooks are coming out of the woodwork now: http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

exactly

btw the kooks are coming out of the woodwork now: http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

That just seems disrespectful, the way it distracts from the tragedy to speculate some kind of grand conspiracy theory without cold hard facts. Jumping ahead with conclusions on who to blame cause it can never be just the shooter in this case.

Does it matter? It looks like the Auroura PD did an excellent job, he will be charged for murder etc.

It matters, its basically a whole different legal system when you're labeled a terrorist. In my eyes he's no different, except for skin color.

Really? NDAA and patriot act says different when you're labeled a terrorist or enemy combatant or at least a domestic terrorist.

While very true, the problem is that so far, Holmes doesn't fall under the Patriot Act definition of domestic terrorism. He wasn't trying to influence or coerce the government, or affect its conduct; and from the facts so far, it doesn't look like he was trying to intimidate or coerce a civillian population either. The difference between this and the Norway attacks last year is that those were known to be perpetrated acts against the government almost instantly because of Breivik's compendium. Thus far, the investigation into Holmes hasn't uncovered anything that would lead one to believe something similar.

While very true, the problem is that so far, Holmes doesn't fall under the Patriot Act definition of domestic terrorism. He wasn't trying to influence or coerce the government, or affect its conduct; and from the facts so far, it doesn't look like he was trying to intimidate or coerce a civillian population either. The difference between this and the Norway attacks last year is that those were known to be perpetrated acts against the government almost instantly because of Breivik's compendium. Thus far, the investigation into Holmes hasn't uncovered anything that would lead one to believe something similar.

FBI definition of terrorist is pretty broad, they could've easily labeled him a terrorist like those sheep herders sitting in gitmo. Dude had his house rigged up with explosive and managed to build up a nice arsenal in two months. It's just strange to see how things get reported, had his last name been Ali or whatever media wouldn't think twice to label him. However they rather say he's mentally ill or some BS. It's a double standard.

ter·ror·ist

- noun 1. person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals

2. Person who terrorizes or frightens others with violence

The second definition fits, it's broad but it fits IMO

FBI definition of terrorist is pretty broad, they could've easily labeled him a terrorist like those sheep herders sitting in gitmo. Dude had his house rigged up with explosive and managed to build up a nice arsenal in two months. It's just strange to see how things get reported, had his last name been Ali or whatever media wouldn't think twice to label him. However they rather say he's mentally ill or some BS. It's a double standard.

Not exactly. The FBI definition largely follows the same theme and recent reforms have made the sort of label impossible domestically anyways. I think it uses the terms political and social agendas, which is more or less the same thing. There has to be an agenda by the perpetrator. That racial bias exists in terrorism framing isn't really the point here, because white guilt isn't enough of a reason to label every mass murderer a terrorist and just toss facts aside; though in many instances that certainly works against non-whites. Again, there has to be some sort of agenda behind or group associated the perpetrator, and the "but we do it to brown people" argument doesn't exactly hold up in court.. If society wants to label him a terrorist, by all means, go right ahead, but from a legal standpoint there's really not much to stand on from that angle so far from the facts.

I haven't read anything stating it would be a federal prosecuted case.

ter·ror·ist

- noun 1. person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates violence or threats of violence, esp., in pursuit of politcal goals

This is a local jurisdiction case and I haven't read anything about this becoming a federal prosecution.

ter·ror·ist

Archived