SenorGato

2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

10 hours ago, NJ said:

Darvish is next year if at all. 

New MRI discovered a pre-fracture so this whole sh*t-bit has stemmed from legit injury.

Fans here are torn between hoping he comes back strong and hoping he retires and kicks back the dough.

Pitching  - at least starting pitching - might be enough for a decent Cubs run, but the inability to score runs will ice their cake quickly in the next 45 days unless something gets figured out. 

They have scored one run or less in almost a quarter of their games. 

But the MLB union screams collusion that owners weren't lining up to give him 100+ million.

That's a bad break for you guys.   Make the playoffs, anything can happen.

19 hours ago, NJ said:

Cub Killer now a Cub.

Daniel Murphy's bat was just bought for the home stretch and whatever October baseball the Cubs can eek out. 

Defense will take a big hit but if you score more than 1 run you can give up a few with a lost a step or 2 2nd baseman.

His at bats, even recently, are some of the best that you will find from a hitter. As noted, his mobility and defense are a deterrent, but to stick him in the 2 hole (my idea) would do wonders for the Cub offense.

I hear you bro - I'll be in Scottsdale in 5 weeks to yell at Theo in person. If they don't pick up some solid relief pitching at a minimum - we will struggle mightily.

Show up and chat dude- without the kitty man here we actually have decent baseball discussions.

I hear you bro - I'll be in Scottsdale in 5 weeks to yell at Theo in person. If they don't pick up some solid relief pitching at a minimum - we will struggle mightily.
Show up and chat dude- without the kitty man here we actually have decent baseball discussions.

It’s a little bittersweet to know he’s gone. Was really looking forward to continuing our discussion about how the Mariners didn’t regret that Cano contract at all.