2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

Wasn't Baez the guy you were touting last spring? His numbers last year plus this Spring-173/.218/.231 with a 20/3 K/BB ratio over 16 games this spring. He makes Dan Uggla look good. I wouldn't trade for him at all.

Spring training stats, eh? You're a real Branch Rickey there, Scott-O.

Spring training stats, eh? You're a real Branch Rickey there, Scott-O.

Ok- 2014 regular season:

.169BA/.227OBP/.324SLG/.551OPS

213 ABs, 95Ks

And what are the stats that you are using to support prospects? Minor League numbers? Aren't you the same guy that is counting up Bryant HRs? Aren't those spring training home runs? Be careful Mr Cat.

Ok- 2014 regular season:

.169BA/.227OBP/.324SLG/.551OPS

213 ABs, 95Ks

And what are the stats that you are using to support prospects? Minor League numbers? Aren't you the same guy that is counting up Bryant HRs? Aren't those spring training home runs? Be careful Mr Cat.

Bryant's not ready because he hit a bunch of HRs in ST, and I've never said anything otherwise. One #9 post isn't what you need it to be. Baez isn't finished because he had a bad initial callup at 21, during which he hit set a 20+ HR pace as a ML MIF anyway.

Why is Blake Swihart a better option than Baez? Minor league numbers? Where did Schwarber go?

Bryant's not ready because he hit a bunch of HRs in ST, and I've never said anything otherwise. One #9 post isn't what you need it to be. Baez isn't finished because he had a bad initial callup at 21, during which he hit set a 20+ HR pace as a ML MIF anyway.

Why is Blake Swihart a better option than Baez? Minor league numbers? Where did Schwarber go?

You are like every guy who calls up a radio station and has a "trade idea". Every prospect on your team is a potential superstar, every prospect on every other team is below them, and you want to trade peanuts for gold.

All I did was tell you what the Phillies will want in return (they have said so). Your Cub offer does not match in prospect weight what they have asked the Red Sox. The Phillies are going to hold out for the best quality they can get.

Ruben Amaro Jr is under intense pressure to "win" at a move he makes. Because every other one has stunk. He is going to be seeking a gold standard.

Have a fun season

You are like every guy who calls up a radio station and has a "trade idea". Every prospect on your team is a potential superstar, every prospect on every other team is below them, and you want to trade peanuts for gold.

All I did was tell you what the Phillies will want in return (they have said so). Your Cub offer does not match in prospect weight what they have asked the Red Sox. The Phillies are going to hold out for the best quality they can get.

Ruben Amaro Jr is under intense pressure to "win" at a move he makes. Because every other one has stunk. He is going to be seeking a gold standard.

Have a fun season

The Cubs have the top farm system in baseball. Many prospects are potential superstars.

Have a fun season

Is this from the guy who thinks Blake Swihart is on tier with Bryant or Soler, even Russell? Lol, stop trying already.

All you've actually done is make up a few things (Phillies wants) and then make up a few other thngs (basically any prospect you've heard of is interchangeable so long as they've never seen the majors) to cover for those first made up things.

Baez and Schwarber plus several lesser players and prospects from the best farm in baseball is a huge haul, way better than they'd be getting elsewhere. At least you're not hilariously telling me that Hamels isn't worth that, that's why I still like you Scoootttaaaay.

Is this from the guy who thinks Blake Swihart is on tier with Bryant or Soler, even Russell? Lol, stop trying already.

All you've actually done is make up a few things (Phillies wants) and then make up a few other thngs (basically any prospect you've heard of is interchangeable so long as they've never seen the majors) to cover for those first made up things.

Baez and Schwarber plus several lesser players and prospects from the best farm in baseball is a huge haul, way better than they'd be getting elsewhere. At least you're not hilariously telling me that Hamels isn't worth that, that's why I still like you Scoootttaaaay.

Hamels isn't worth that

Red Sox are right there also. 

This doesn't diminish that the Phillies want to hold out for best prospects.

This is how I know you're a charmer Scott. Even though you're being obtuse for a troll, it's more comical than annoying. Right there as in still behind, and certainly not close enough that the Cubs will be giving up a Bryant/Soler/Russell for Hamels.

Hamels isn't worth that

Eh, predictable. Let's see what the judges have to say:

10356%20-%20Raw%20Two_Tons_Of_Funk%20aut

List of things that have happened since last time the cubs won a World Series:

WWI

WWII

Korean War

Vietnam War

Both Iraq Wars

Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan

USA invaded Afghanistan

16 US presidents elected

Communism

The Fall of Communism

Fascism

The Fall of Fascism

The invention of Rock n Roll

The destruction of Rock n roll

Human beings traveled to space and the moon

The Yankees won 27 World Series championship

The Montreal Canadians won 24 Stanley cups

The Boston Celtics won 17 championships

The Boston Red Sox endured the curse and won in 2004 thanks to steroids

List of things that have happened since last time the cubs won a World Series:

WWI

WWII

Korean War

Vietnam War

Both Iraq Wars

Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan

USA invaded Afghanistan

16 US presidents elected

Communism

The Fall of Communism

Fascism

The Fall of Fascism

The invention of Rock n Roll

The destruction of Rock n roll

Human beings traveled to space and the moon

The Yankees won 27 World Series championship

The Montreal Canadians won 24 Stanley cups

The Boston Celtics won 17 championships

The Boston Red Sox endured the curse and won in 2004 thanks to steroids

Three revamps/relaunches of the Godzilla franchise after the original (1984, 1998, 2014).

Baez is basically a non entity at the moment. Shows zero ability to hit Major League pitching and I am a fan of his. Who would trade Hamels for him?

Baez is basically a non entity at the moment. Shows zero ability to hit Major League pitching and I am a fan of his. Who would trade Hamels for him?

Literally in the quote you posted:

Baez and Schwarber plus several lesser players and prospects from the near consensus best farm in baseball

Enjoy opening night cubs fans!

I did not. 

Whatda**** do you mean he hasn't made a pick-off throw to a bag since 2013?? 

WTF is that?

Is the AL like Little League where you cant lead off?

For a $155,000,000.00 he better be throwing strikes to those bags. 

Total Lovable Loser schtick in the first game. I ceased loving it a long time ago. 

Hopefully many of the next 161 will be better.

Whatda**** do you mean he hasn't made a pick-off throw to a bag since 2013??

WTF is that?

Is the AL like Little League where you cant lead off?

For a $155,000,000.00 he better be throwing strikes to those bags.

Total Lovable Loser schtick in the first game. I ceased loving it a long time ago.

Hopefully many of the next 161 will be better.

Even on the grounder back to the mound where he had Heyward out at 3rd he chose to turn around and run towards first to underhand it over. The dude can't throw to bases??

Even on the grounder back to the mound where he had Heyward out at 3rd he chose to turn around and run towards first to underhand it over. The dude can't throw to bases??

Absolutely.

What did the Yanks and other teams do against this guy? 

Stats say he only allowed 16 steals last year and 12 in 2013.

I viewed the Lester signing as more of a message that it was time to contend than I viewed it as the team expecting him to repeat his career year from last season.

I expect an above average pitcher, at the least. Did not get that last night. Arrieta is our true ace. He'll start game one of the NLDS.

Ump has been awful today. Giving Lynn sh*t he hasn't given Arrieta all day.

Fact. Pen needs to earn keep now.

Jake looked pretty good.

Turned down boxes due to the frigid weather - it's bad having to piss your pants when it's that cold out.

Side note - they have Schwarber listed as an outfielder in Tenn with 2 other catchers on the squad

Fact. Pen needs to earn keep now.

Jake looked pretty good.

Turned down boxes due to the frigid weather - it's bad having to piss your pants when it's that cold out.

Side note - they have Schwarber listed as an outfielder in Tenn with 2 other catchers on the squad

Arrieta looked really good. Thought La Stella had a homer there but my mlb.tv was going in and out so I didn't see where it ended up. Summer day at wrigley it probably would've gone over the wall. 

Arrieta looked really good. Thought La Stella had a homer there but my mlb.tv was going in and out so I didn't see where it ended up. Summer day at wrigley it probably would've gone over the wall.

The wind changed (as is typical) and was blowing in from right - knocked it right down.

On the post game interview Montero talked about the tight strike zone. Sure wasn't for Lynn

The wind changed (as is typical) and was blowing in from right - knocked it right down.

On the post game interview Montero talked about the tight strike zone. Sure wasn't for Lynn

Yeah I saw he mentioned it, seems like a real nice guy and leader behind the plate. Miggy was a nice addition for them. 

Montero's sac fly would have been a two run homer on pretty much any other day.

Another reason why Wrigley is the best park in the majors. Can play like Petco or Coors depending on the wind, lol.

I've never been to Wrigley, heck I've never been to Chicago. But being the baseball fan I am I'd love to go one day, especially to catch a Cubs V Yankees matchup.

I've never been to Wrigley, heck I've never been to Chicago. But being the baseball fan I am I'd love to go one day, especially to catch a Cubs V Yankees matchup.

Me either. The only MLB I've ever attended was actually at AT&T, which was Pac Bell at the time.

I'll have to make it out to Minute Maid at some point. Ridiculous that I live less than two hours from Houston and have never seen an Astros game.