2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

12 hours ago, SenorGato said:

The two seamer that was killing the Cubs the other night does not appear to be there tonight. I saw 91 without much against Fowler. The wind got the Zobrist fly and kept it in, but they're not struggling here to make contact.

This Kluber - on short rest well past his career high in IP - looks nothing like the one the other night. Already leaning on his breaking ball, which is neither as hard or crisp as the other night....Fastball velocity looks down, movement definitely isn't there...

Thanks, Indians!

From your "I am always right" greatest hits collection.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Well, certainly among the things you tried to fight Scotttttaaaaay. Believe me buddy, I'm fully aware you need this more than me. 

Trevor Bauer, Josh Tomlin, and more Kluber on short rest coming up 

You do realize that your glib response to all this feeds the narrative that you're not a real Cubs fan, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Cubs fans are soul crushed right now.  They have grandparents, aunts, uncles who lived their whole lives and never saw Cubs in WS.  They carry that with them.  That's why so many of them wrote their lost family members' names on Wrigley's wall after NLCS.  Heck, they never thought this time was possible.  Next week or next month they'll think of promise of future.  But now, it hurts.

SenorGato? "Ahh, no biggie."

So far it's played out like I feared  - you have 5 starters that have 1 or less complete major league seasons under their belts.

It's tough to hit post season caliber pitching with 60% of your batting order unable to control the psychological part of of a plate appearance.

Bryant is probably the NL MVP and he's swinging like a kid in the alley looking at wiffle ball junk.

Baez was NLDS co-MVP and had a lot of composure at the plate and now he's chopping worse than Bryant - Contraras and Russell the same story.

I'm confident all the aforementioned will get better at the plate  - the oldest on the list is 23

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

From your "I am always right" greatest hits collection.

Feel free to throw it on the otherwise empty pile buddy. I mean Scotty D literally just said the same thing and I'm zero stressed. BTW: quotes are used for actual quotes, not things you made up on the fly.

3 hours ago, SMC said:

You do realize that your glib response to all this feeds the narrative that you're not a real Cubs fan, right?

At least you're aware it's just a narrative. 

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Cubs fans are soul crushed right now.  They have grandparents, aunts, uncles who lived their whole lives and never saw Cubs in WS.  They carry that with them.  That's why so many of them wrote their lost family members' names on Wrigley's wall after NLCS.  Heck, they never thought this time was possible.  Next week or next month they'll think of promise of future.  But now, it hurts.

SenorGato? "Ahh, no biggie."

On October 28, 2016 at 11:06 PM, NJ said:

Wrong again genius - knowledgeable Cub fans know that we're looking at many years of strong contending teams and aren't bent out of shape if this year's young squad doesn't win it all.

I mean seriously...It's been sad for six months now that a small group of super casual baseball and Mets fans here feel the need to force their cornball, combative narratives into this thread just because the Cubs are a better team and it makes them feel some type of way (note: I have no idea who you root for SMC, if anyone). This latest "real fan" one is probably the lamest one yet considering there's even less standard for what that even is or means than anything else they've tried to push forward this year, a feat in itself.

5 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

I'll put it right on top of the one where you told me Heyward wouldn't be a platoon player.

Take a chill sport...sit back and enjoy the game tonight instead of trying to be king of the web. It's an ugly look for you.

Sorry, do platoon guys start 142 games in the world of casual fans out for a troll?

What does it mean to take a chill? Can't even get *that* right ffs lol...Why try so hard only to bomb this consistently? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sorry, do platoon guys start 142 games in the world of casual fans out for a troll?

What does it mean to take a chill? Can't even get *that* right ffs lol...Why try so hard only to bomb this consistently? 

The site administrator shut this thread down according to him because of you. He has since had to threaten to ban you twice. You are now accusing the entire forum of conspiring against you. I think it may be time to start considering that it's you. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The site administrator shut this thread down according to him because of you. He has since had to threaten to ban you twice. You are now accusing the entire forum of conspiring against you. I think it may be time to start considering that it's you. 

Must be those Matt Murdock reading skillz at work

It's a handful of butthurt Mets fans who can't hold their own in a real baseball discussion, nothing more or less, hence dumb nonsensical posts like this. The thread went well for four years before a bunch of casual Mets fans got upset in May that the Cubs are better, also nothing more or less. At some point this petty little group needs to understand that that there being more than one of you to cover each other does not mean it's not the lot of you.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Must be those Matt Murdock reading skillz at work

It's a handful of butthurt Mets fans who can't hold their own in a real discussion, nothing more or less, hence dumb posts like this.

Again, you may want to look at the history of what's happened with the sheer number of people you keep arguing with and how many times the site owner has had to warn you about things. I realize this is hard to fathom, but you may want to take a second, breathe, and then start considering the possibility that you're the problem. And that's cool, it happens sometimes in life. We've all been there. 

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Again, you may want to look at the history of what's happened with the sheer number of people you keep arguing with and how many times the site owner has had to warn you about things. I realize this is hard to fathom, but you may want to take a second, breathe, and then start considering the possibility that you're the problem. And that's cool, it happens sometimes in life. We've all been there. 

You keep going back to this as if one of this little group was not in the same boat. 

I understand this may be hard to fathom, but when something runs fine for four years before a group of people coming in looking in for trouble derail it then the issue likely falls on the tiny, petty group of adults who have trolled this thread for six months now. We have all been there and watched a tiny group of disturbingly entitled and petty people with neither insight or good intentions come and ruin something for everyone because they're a little upset/butthurt. It happens all the time, people fall for the bullsh*t regularly, but it's not some coincidence this thread fell apart once a small group of Mets fans decided to troll it because they had a little gwudge. Literally your last post had nothing to do with the post you quoted or anything said, something consistent with this little group, and look at the direction it goes anyway. Consider the very real possibility that it's this little gang of casual Mets fans who have and had nothing tied to the Cubs or this thread but a will to antagonize since May.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

You keep going back to this as if one of this little group was not in the same boat. 

I understand this may be hard to fathom, but when something runs fine for four years before a group of people coming in looking in for trouble derail it then the issue likely falls on the tiny, petty group of adults who have trolled this thread for six months now. We have all been there and watched a tiny group of disturbingly entitled and petty people ruining something for everyone because they're a little butthurt.

I understand that sarcastically repeating what people say is your defense mechanism and sympathize. I hope that you can see that everyone who posts in this forum gets along fine with other Cubs fans like NJ and Troll and we talk about actual baseball with them all the time. It is also worth noting that this forum saw a drastic increase in civility when you took a sabbatical, so there is a bit of Occam's razor at play here. You may want to consider that you interpreted things incorrectly, got defensive about it, and now have a very strange set of feuds going on with just about everyone who posts here. 

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I understand that sarcastically repeating what people say is your defense mechanism and sympathize. I hope that you can see that everyone who posts in this forum gets along fine with other Cubs fans like NJ and Troll and we talk about actual baseball with them all the time. It is also worth noting that this forum saw a drastic increase in civility when you took a sabbatical, so there is a bit of Occam's razor at play here. You may want to consider that you interpreted things incorrectly, got defensive about it, and now have a very strange set of feuds going on with just about everyone who posts here. 

Sure, and I continue to insist that you note the timeline of when this thread went down. Your phony sympathy and condescension aside, again it is no coincidence that this thread started going downhill when some butthurt Mets fans came in looking for trouble. Occam's razor is indeed at play - I posted here for four years with these same Cubs fans, one year a bunch of Mets fans decide to show up with a little chip on theiw shouldews and cause trouble. Not coincidentally, that is the year the site administrators note this thread even exists. This isn't hard or complicated math. I understand you don't want to see yourself and your little group at fault because no one wants to see themselves as a problem, but you need to seriously consider that you are part of the group at the heart of the the problem. When your most substantiative non-troll comments in six months are all in the past couple weeks over ticket prices, it just might be that you've contributed to the toxic atmosphere here that did not exist before you and the small group of casual Mets fans chose to come in looking for a problem.

And now that you mention it....Alllllll of this has happened because you all got defensive and angwy when I said it was a good thing the Cubs beat the Mets to Zobrist in May. It's been non-stop from this group since then, and - again - that is when this thread went from 4 years of calm discussion to what you and a small group of casual fans decided to make it after getting into a tizz over a comment you chose to interpret as fighing words.

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Sure, and I continue to insist that you note the timeline of when this thread went down. Your phony sympathy and condescension aside, again it is no coincidence that this thread started going downhill when some butthurt Mets fans came in looking for trouble. Occam's razor is indeed at play - I posted here for four years with these same Cubs fans, one year a bunch of Mets fans decide to show up with a little chip on theiw shouldews and cause trouble. Not coincidentally, that is the year the site administrators note this thread even exists. This isn't hard or complicated math. I understand you don't want to see yourself and your little group at fault because no one wants to see themselves as a problem, but you need to seriously consider that you are part of the group at the heart of the the problem. When your most substantiative non-troll comments in six months are all in the past couple weeks over ticket prices, it just might be that you've contributed to the toxic atmosphere here that did not exist before you and the small group of casual Mets fans chose to come in looking for a problem.

And now that you mention it....Alllllll of this has happened because you all got defensive and angwy when I said it was a good thing the Cubs beat the Mets to Zobrist in May. It's been non-stop from this group since then. 

It shows that I first posted in this thread on August 18, 2014. 

But please do continue with your revisionist history, conjecture and general wrongness.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

And now that you mention it....Alllllll of this has happened because you all got defensive and angwy when I said it was a good thing the Cubs beat the Mets to Zobrist in May. It's been non-stop from this group since then. 

Okie dokie kid. Keep fighting that fight, I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It shows that I first posted in this thread on August 18, 2014. 

I'm sure you might have made or post or two in this thread before 2016 - that is entirely possible over 4 years. You became a regular this year with the sole goal of conflict, and not surprisingly the quality of the thread dropped dramatically. This is not a coincidence. 

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Okie dokie kid. Keep fighting that fight, I guess. 

Will do Leonardo. You keep up your phony sanctimony, it is quite the show. It's a well done internet act, something to be proud of I guess. Nonsense like this make you the above average message board politician you have worked tirelessly to be.

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I'm sure you might have made or post or two in this thread before 2016 - that is entirely possible over 4 years. You became a regular this year with the sole goal of conflict, and not surprisingly the quality of the thread dropped dramatically. This is not a coincidence. 

Well, the record shows that I had 36 posts through calendar 2015 in this thread.

But please do continue with your general wrongness, as it is your hallmark. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well, the record shows that I had 36 posts through calendar 2015 in this thread.

But please do continue with your general wrongness, as it is your hallmark. 

12 a year lol....Now what is it this year? I mean seriously, could any rational human being actually buy this act? 

I just want to note that the board's local statesman interpreted this:

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

As this:

54 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You are now accusing the entire forum of conspiring against you. 

It's insane that this kind of adult has any pull. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is still true, but it is fun to point out your foibles. Keep the entertainment value coming.

Don't give yourself that much credit Scotty. You lack that level of analytical skill or general intelligence and stick to a strategy of troll and piggyback. It's gotten you six months of successful trolling with no end in sight, so I guess some kudos should be given.

-----

Boy, look at this depressed and sad crowd of #TrueFans. They've clearly given up, as any #TrueFan would.

3 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Feel free to throw it on the otherwise empty pile buddy. I mean Scotty D literally just said the same thing and I'm zero stressed. BTW: quotes are used for actual quotes, not things you made up on the fly.

At least you're aware it's just a narrative. 

I mean seriously...It's been sad for six months now that a small group of super casual baseball and Mets fans here feel the need to force their cornball, combative narratives into this thread just because the Cubs are a better team and it makes them feel some type of way (note: I have no idea who you root for SMC, if anyone). This latest "real fan" one is probably the lamest one yet considering there's even less standard for what that even is or means than anything else they've tried to push forward this year, a feat in itself.

I'm a Yankee fan and have no gripe about the Cubs.  I love baseball and it is great for the game that they're finally back to the WS and have a chance after over century to win it all.  I don't see the other posters' statements as an attack on the Cubs, but rather a criticism of you.  Note, other Cub fans in this thread have not engaged it such debate.

All of this is SenorGato specific.  For me, you make me think of a front-running millennial.  I don't know if you are, but is the aura about yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

25 minutes ago, SMC said:

I'm a Yankee fan and have no gripe about the Cubs.  I love baseball and it is great for the game that they're finally back to the WS and have a chance after over century to win it all.  I don't see the other posters' statements as an attack on the Cubs, but rather a criticism of you.  Note, other Cub fans in this thread have not engaged it such debate.

All of this is SenorGato specific.  For me, you make me think of a front-running millennial.  I don't know if you are, but is the aura about yourself.

I think you've missed alot of the context of this thread just jumping in and these guys are more willing to play politics than I. Note that generally the other Cubs fans rarely address these guys at all, stay far away when these guys take the conversation down troll lane, and this little group is simply employing a basic divide-and-conquer strategy. 

I can't be sorry you buy the new narrative, which magically only showed up late this year with literally a decade+ of opportunity. I can only laugh at the spectacle of this nonsense and how easily people are duped by people so clearly ill willed.