2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

Can't say I've watched Chapman enough to know how he is after a lot of pitches, but he strikes me as a guy that will be fine and have better command when slightly tired, and be even better than when he hasn't pitched in a while.

The last game of the year is all hands on deck, and I don't think the Chapman usage will effect the outcome of the series. Maddon had to get to game 7, and Chapman will pitch in a save situation tomorrow.....if needed.

Really looking forward to see how Hendricks holds up under the gun

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

My favorite part of this series has been watching him and Francona react to everything. Neither so much as nods whenever something amazing happens.

One of the best was Madden's "who tacked the horseshoe on your azz" look at Rizzo when he juggled then salvaged Ross's foul pop in game 5.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Great, great series, and I have no problem with either team winning it at this point. Will be good for baseball regardless.

There is not any way you can dislike either team, or the managers. Hope it goes extra innings.

I hope it goes 18 innings. Honestly. This is simply amazing. The first WS that's been genuinely "Can't Miss TV"  for me since the Yanks in '96.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NJ said:

I agree dude - I know he's thinking he's got Lester and Lackey to throw tomorrow night - but that's also more of the Indians seeing his stuff if he does get into game 7. Hope it's not a regrettable move.

chapman seemed off his game last night, I think if he comes in for 3-4 outs he should be fine

the pressure is on the tribe now, I think the cubs will be ok

boy was I wrong about the kid !

good luck tonight

• Upvote 1

Not sure that this will get much play in the media...but that play by Lindor with 2 outs and runner on third in top of the 9th after the Indians tied it up....i mean, god damn.

If Indians pull this out, he gets a bulk of the credit in my eyes. That play is nowhere near easy, especially with the speed running down the line to 1st. Lindor was quick as a squirrel!

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Not sure that this will get much play in the media...but that play by Lindor with 2 outs and runner on third in top of the 9th after the Indians tied it up....i mean, god damn.

If Indians pull this out, he gets a bulk of the credit in my eyes. That play is nowhere near easy, especially with the speed running down the line to 1st. Lindor was quick as a squirrel!

Great player, want 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Carl do you get the bunting with 2 strikes? Or am I crazy for thinking that was ridiculous. 

Not really. I mean I think the game just got too big for Maddon or Baez, whomever made that call. A fly ball drives the run in. Between going to Lester too early and Chapman too, he's just over analyzing everything. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

the flip side to that coin is russell could have ended the 8th.....

• Upvote 1