2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

Bryant is getting the call to the show.

Russell played 2B tonight. My guess is that he's called up in May or June for that spot. Didn't K until his 24th PA in AAA, and is hitting .35something with power.

Hamels trade shortly after and we're good to go for 2015...

With Joe Maddon becoming Mgr. I'll be interested in the Cubs this year. He's a lot of fun and a good Mgr. I'd love to see him succeed there.

I'm a NY fan but usually take interest in another team or two during the season, and have always been a fan of Maddon's

Are The Cubs games still on WGN? anybody? Haven't seen any on there thus far.

With Joe Maddon becoming Mgr. I'll be interested in the Cubs this year. He's a lot of fun and a good Mgr. I'd love to see him succeed there.

I'm a NY fan but usually take interest in another team or two during the season, and have always been a fan of Maddon's

Are The Cubs games still on WGN? anybody? Haven't seen any on there thus far.

Yes they are dude- but not every game like before.

Cubs got absolutely jobbed today. This sick feeling in my stomach is usually reserved for the Jets and October baseball, not April games. But, f*ck. We won that goddamn game. Someone investigate the home plate ump for gambling.

Horrible call followed by a horrible pitch.

Good job by Madden letting the Ump know that crap won't fly the rest of the w/end.

Cubs got absolutely jobbed today. This sick feeling in my stomach is usually reserved for the Jets and October baseball, not April games. But, f*ck. We won that goddamn game. Someone investigate the home plate ump for gambling.

Replay has been such a disaster so far. The umps aren't even trying anymore. The Phils/Mets game last week is one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

Next thing you know, Hamels will be a Cub.

Because the thing to put us over the hump would be an entire rotation of struggling, aging left handed starters.

Small sample size and all, but his walk rate is way up and he's already halfway to last season's homer total. He's pitching like complete sh*t. 

Because the thing to put us over the hump would be an entire rotation of struggling, aging left handed starters.

Small sample size and all, but his walk rate is way up and he's already halfway to last season's homer total. He's pitching like complete sh*t. 

In Wrigley, he would give up 35 home runs. Plus, his ERA is about .5 run higher in day games.

But Gato has a man-crush on him.

My guess is you're box score scouting, but Hamels is throwing fine. All HRs have been the same pitch to the same hitters (fastball up to RHs, all solo). Otherwise he's throwing hard, getting strikeouts, and getting groundballs. At least you know it's a small sample size. All that matters is his health, and Hamels is perfectly healthy right now.

From there, I trust the currently struggling but otherwise healthy ace lefties to hold up much better over the long haul of 162 games and playoffs much more so than the likes of Wood, Wada, and Hammel.

In Wrigley, he would give up 35 home runs. Plus, his ERA is about .5 run higher in day games.

But Gato has a man-crush on him.

See what you did, Troll? Now you've got Scott trying again. Day ERA! Lol. Plus, he'd totally give up 35 HRs, figured using science no doubt!

I will say that once the Hamels trade happens, it's basically inevitable folks so...yah, Bosio will have to help find a release point on his curveball. It's a good pitch when he gets it off right, but highly inconsistent command of it throughout his whole career.

----

Lost in the Russell stuff is that Kris Bryant is an incredible player and showing it immediately. Even more lost in that shuffle is that Soler is a badass as well, and Castro is playing up as the lineup fills out around him (finally).

I will say that once the Hamels trade happens, it's basically inevitable folks so...yah, Bosio will have to help find a release point on his curveball. It's an good pitch when he gets it off right, but highly inconsistent throughout his whole career as far as command.

----

Lost in the Russell stuff is that Kris Bryant is an incredible player and showing it immediately. Even more lost in that shuffle is that Soler is a badass as well, and Castro is playing up as the lineup fills out around him (finally).

Winning a pennant is so easy!

Lol yeah you're right, that's why Hammel and Wood should be allowed to hold down the rotation! I get it now! It's mostly a matter of just believing in the guys already there! Where is my faith!?!?!?

Serios question-I have both Hammel and Hendricks on my fantasy team (NL only), I will need to drop one soon, which should I consider dropping?

It's a lot easier when you make fantasy trades that totally favor your team.

Like what? Giving up several top ten prospects from the top ranked farm system in the sport for a 31 year old pitcher on a last place team? That favors just my team? Half the time you're saying I want to steal Hamels, the rest of the time you're saying he's not wor the Cubs' best non-Bryant/Russell/Soler prospects.

Serios question-I have both Hammel and Hendricks on my fantasy team (NL only), I will need to drop one soon, which should I consider dropping?

This early? Maybe Hendricks, iunno