Ichiro traded to the Yankees

Matt39

Weird. He hasn't been good this year. The Yankees need pitching help. Not sure about this one. Will he be a poor man's Dave Roberts?

Great move since Gardner is out for the year and when you consider who the Yankees have been putting out in LF recently. Hopefully he gets energized by the trade, his average should improve over its current level.

Great move since Gardner is out for the year and when you consider who the Yankees have been putting out in LF recently. Hopefully he gets energized by the trade, his average should improve over its current level.

I do not know Max.

They could have gotten someone that is more useful than Ichiro.

I do not know Max.

They could have gotten someone that is more useful than Ichiro.

Like?

Would anyone be shocked if he hit over .300 the rest of the year with 10-15 stolen bases? He can still play defense and the cost in what they gave up and what they pay him is low.

He is playing for a ring and a new contract. INCENTIVE.

Like?

Would anyone be shocked if he hit over .300 the rest of the year with 10-15 stolen bases? He can still play defense and the cost in what they gave up and what they pay him is low.

He is playing for a ring and a new contract. INCENTIVE.

Would anyone be surprised if he continued to have a sub-.300 OBP?

All I am saying the Yankees could have probably gotten a guy that was younger and a lot more athletic without mortgaging the farm.

they didnt really give up anything...he fills a need too.

Very true.

I just think they could have done better.

Throw Phil Hughes at the Sox and you can probably get Carl Crawford.

Would anyone be surprised if he continued to have a sub-.300 OBP?

All I am saying the Yankees could have probably gotten a guy that was younger and a lot more athletic without mortgaging the farm.

Second time you have said this. How did they mortgage the farm? Who would have been a better fit for LF? They got a 2,500 hit guy who can still run and has 10 gold gloves. They need him to have a good 2.5 months. And hit 8th, lol.

Second time you have said this. How did they mortgage the farm? Who would have been a better fit for LF? They got a 2,500 hit guy who can still run and has 10 gold gloves. They need him to have a good 2.5 months. And hit 8th, lol.

that guy has no real response, me thinks he just likes to hate on whatever the Yankees do

the day after the Yankees win the world series he'll be saying "Well they won't repeat that's for sure" lol

I did not say they did.

If I told you a month ago that Yankees big (so far) trade deadline acquisition was an old .250 hitter with no power and a sub .300 OBP you would have rightfully laughed at me.

That it is Ichiro is only putting lipstick on the pig. He is old. The last year and a half he has not been good.

Maybe he has a revival.

that guy has no real response, me thinks he just likes to hate on whatever the Yankees do

the day after the Yankees win the world series he'll be saying "Well they won't repeat that's for sure" lol

Same question to you......the Yankees are going to acquire an old .250 hitter with no power and a sub .300 OBP and you are happy with it? Really?

There are several players out there that would likely not coast you much.

1-ichitro is hitting .260 not .250

2-ichiro has a track record

3-he cost us two guys we'll never hear of again

4-red sox are stupid for not trading for Hanley ;)

1. Wow...about 5 hits. Still a lot below his career average.

2. Yes, he does and that track record includes being 38 almost 39. He also has a record over the last 250+ games of being J.A.G.

3. Again, he cost nothing, but you are buying the name not the guy that was a .320 hitter for most of his career (i.e. before 2011).

4. While they could use the talent, the last thing they need is a possible distraction in the locker room.

Archived