Sign in to follow this  
The Gun Of Bavaria

Training Camp Notes - Sunday 7.29.2012

Thanks GOB. First day in pads...

Real football begins!

Cimini - Sanchez and Tebow both 1-for-7 in team drills. Defense wins the day. #Jets

Jenny Vrentas - Jets' Darrelle Revis limited at practice by tight hamstring: Held out of team drills today http://bit.ly/PVWLo9

Jenny Vrentas - Two picks today by seventh-round pick Antonio Allen, one in 7-on-7s (Simms) and one in 11-on-11s (McElroy). #nyj

Brian Costello - The Jets receiving corps is leaving much to be desired #nyj

Brian Costello - Bilal Powell looks quick #nyj

Manish Mehta - Jets defense in a 4-3 during running drills. Expect to see plenty of that this season

Manish - Rookie WR Jordan White, recovering from foot surgery, off to side, cutting/running patterns off to side. Looks good. #nyj

Practice is now over...we will go over the notes and put up a recap. :)

Now that they have pads on, that'll be the thing to watch with the receivers, especially Hill and Schilens--it doesn't matter how fast you can run if you can't get off the jam. Sounds like that was the case today.

Very true. What gets me more is the reports about offensive lineman looking good when they weren't wearing pad. Seriously? It is very hard to grade a lot of this if there is no chance of contact on any given play.

Did Coples get his customary six sacks today?

Maybin had two yesterday.

Ah, I do with JetNation was up at camp though.

Can't be. JN has already deemed him useless.

If Powell becomes the 3rd back, Ganaway's only shot on the team is at the 2nd Fullback. That said, that is a decent stable of 5 backs. But it all remains the same, Shonn Greene has to stay healthy for that group to really be impressive.

Uh-oh--the old tight "Gimme a new contract" hamstring is back.

Really don't think that was the case. He practiced, did all the individual stuff but sat out team drills. Don't think this was a message of any sort.

i was impressed by chaz schilens. he didnt really make any amazing stand out plays, but hes fast as hell and just as tall as stephen hill. if he stays healthy, i think he can be a solid 3rd reciever. bilal powell was really quick and made some great plays. maybin got in on the action frequently and looks promising. I'm really excited about stephen hill. His first move after every catch came really quickly and should be due for a lot of YAC this season. Greg Mcelroy picked up where he left off last offseason, and was very consistent despite throwing a pick to antonio allen. I am hoping Travis baltz beats out t.j. conley for the punting position. I know its early to tell with kickers, but baltz's punts went farther and had way more hang time than conley's. But out of all the players, the one who i think improved the most is joe mcknight. He looks much bigger and hasn't lost a step to his quickness. his legs still look like toothpicks, but really big toothpicks. He found holes on kickoff drills and had some good runs in team drills. I am very excited to see how joe does this season, and if he can be the #2, or even #1 RB on this team.

Were you at camp? Awesome....

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company