SOJ - talk is cheap

PatriotReign37

“You know what? I look at myself as the best defensive coach in football,” Ryan said via the New York Daily News. “That’s saying something because Dick LeBeau is pretty darn good. Bill Belichick is pretty good. But that’s the way I’ve always believed. And you know what? I believe it because (of) the guys I coach with, there’s no doubt about that. And the guys I’ve coached. But that’s the truth. That’s kind of how I feel."

"If it was a spelling bee, I'd bet against me," he added later. "If it's anything else—a fight, coaching football—I'm betting on me." -Rex Ryan, NY Daily News 7-27-2012

What a doosh complimenting himself. Cromartie is doosh too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4725803/jets-cromartie-zings-belichick

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“You know what? I look at myself as the best defensive coach in football,” Ryan said via the New York Daily News. “That’s saying something because Dick LeBeau is pretty darn good. Bill Belichick is pretty good. But that’s the way I’ve always believed. And you know what? I believe it because (of) the guys I coach with, there’s no doubt about that. And the guys I’ve coached. But that’s the truth. That’s kind of how I feel."

"If it was a spelling bee, I'd bet against me," he added later. "If it's anything else—a fight, coaching football—I'm betting on me." -Rex Ryan, NY Daily News 7-27-2012

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4725803/jets-cromartie-zings-belichick

Thanks for the post, DOUCHE.

http://espn.go.com/b...zings-belichick

Do you think you are related to Bill Belichick? :rl:

I think you should fight Rex Ryan to try and prove him wrong, lol.

Given the talent Rex has had to work with, this may not be hyperbole. Harris, Scott, Revis and Cro are high-level players, but the rest of his personnel have been jag's and reclamation projects. Pretty impressive overall.

Last year in particular showcased it. Especially given the mess in the LB's with both Harris and Scott having down years, and losing Thomas early on.

Given the talent Rex has had to work with, this may not be hyperbole. Harris, Scott, Revis and Cro are high-level players, but the rest of his personnel have been jag's and reclamation projects. Pretty impressive overall.

Here is what I like about Rex the most. He is evolving. He sees what the Giants did to the Patriots with a 4 man line and brings in Dunbar and drafts Coples. He isn't stubborn, and I really think the defense this year will be at the highest level they have been under Rex.

A coach with a personality.

This was yesterdays news. Thanks for stopping by though a$$hole, your contributions are always invaluable. I don't think he's done a very good job thus far as a head coach but I don't see how this is all that outlandish. We don't have all that much talent for him to work with

I would think jets fans would start to tire of the bufoonery and bluster and start to want him to do his talking on the football field. He promised to reign himself in this year as he realized his mouth was writing checks the team couldn't cash and it was putting undue pressure on his players. That revelation didn't last too long obviously.

And isn't a HC supposed to know BOTH sides of the ball? Someone needs to remind him that he's not a DC anymore.

I would think jets fans would start to tire of the bufoonery and bluster and start to want him to do his talking on the football field. He promised to reign himself in this year as he realized his mouth was writing checks the team couldn't cash and it was putting undue pressure on his players. That revelation didn't last too long obviously.

And isn't a HC supposed to know BOTH sides of the ball? Someone needs to remind him that he's not a DC anymore.

Why do you care as a Pats fan?

1. We thrive on "bufoonery" (great word, btw)

2. He's right, so who cares?

Popularityscore-8.gifmovement-none.jpg

Nothing wrong with a guy holding himself to a high standard.

This is a pathetic thread, you should have higher standards on what you try to troll on here.

Nothing wrong with a guy holding himself to a high standard.

This is a pathetic thread, you should have higher standards on what you try to troll on here.

That would be fine if he said something to the effect of "I want to be thought of as", or "I strive to be, the best defensive coach in football". But he declared himself the best in the world. And that after a middling 8-8 season. Foolish statement, even if he has the temerity to believe it.

We're going to kick your teams ass this year....then tell you about it!

Sorry, that was a bit dooshy of me lol.

That would be fine if he said something to the effect of "I want to be thought of as", or "I strive to be, the best defensive coach in football". But he declared himself the best in the world. And that after a middling 8-8 season. Foolish statement, even if he has the temerity to believe it.

Actually, he said he looks at himself as. Which is in line with exactly what I said, he holds himself to that standard.

You want to debate semantics go for it. You guys sound pathetic worrying this much about July's soundbytes.

Shouldn't you Pats honks be more concerned about the oft-injured frat boy TE that your team just overpaid for showing up to camp injured again?

Say what?!

You mean the guy who was hurt during the SB last year after a season of being the best all-purpose TE in the game today? A guy who the Jets have no answer for? That 'frat-boy"? He's practiced all 3 days at camp include twice in full pads. Wtf are you referring to?

As to Wrecks. No concern here in the least. Just amusement honestly.

Say what?!

You mean the guy who was hurt during the SB last year after a season of being the best all-purpose TE in the game today? A guy who the Jets have no answer for? That 'frat-boy"? He's practiced all 3 days at camp include twice in full pads. Wtf are you referring to?

As to Wrecks. No concern here in the least. Just amusement honestly.

This post reeks of insecurity.

The last line is totally believable though... obviously just amusement, given how hard you are trying to impress upon us an alternative meaning for his statements.

I take it you are the guy at parties that everyone seems to always need to get another drink and they'll be right back when you are talking to them.

This post reeks of insecurity.

The last line is totally believable though... obviously just amusement, given how hard you are trying to impress upon us an alternative meaning for his statements.

I take it you are the guy at parties that everyone seems to always need to get another drink and they'll be right back when you are talking to them.

Lmao...talk about trying too hard.....

there is nothing more pathetic than trolling in July. If my life was so pathetic that I had to go onto my rivals message board to attempt to talk trash about a football season that isnt even close to starting, I'd have to go kill myself.

Last year means nothing anymore.

All that matters is 2012 season.

Shut the f#ck up and stop embarrassing yourself with your inbred retarded comments about our foot smelling head coach.

There's a fine line between being a "doosh" and having confidence though

Archived