SOJ - talk is cheap

PatriotReign37

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong. Ignorance is spewing falsehoods as facts. Sox payroll total in last 10 years is $1.3 billion. Yankees is over $1.9 billion or over 40% higher. The disparity gets even greater going back 25 years as I had stated.

The only thing obvious here is true facts elude you.

Hahaha... so how did you reach the conclusion that paying more money, within the rules of the game, and having better players and teams as a result, is on par with breaking rules and cheating to win championships?

Hahaha... so how did you reach the conclusion that paying more money, within the rules of the game, and having better players and teams as a result, is on par with breaking rules and cheating to win championships?

I never made such a conclusion regarding filming opponents signals from an unauthorized location and buying championships by spending 45% more on averagethan the second highest spender.

I don't know, this guys just keeps bringing up the Yankees payroll in some lame attempt to defend the Pats' cheating.

Actually, you were the one to bring up the Yankee's meaningless boreball championships.

I never made such a conclusion regarding filming opponents signals from an unauthorized location and buying championships by spending 45% more on averagethan the second highest spender.

When the conversation topic is the validity of the Patriots championships earned during the period in which they were proven to be cheating, and you change the topic in a counter-argument to the Yankees payroll ... it means you did.

When the conversation topic is the validity of the Patriots championships earned during the period in which they were proven to be cheating, and you change the topic in a counter-argument to the Yankees payroll ... it means you did.

My bad. I thought the thread's topic of converstation was Rex's continued bombastic buffoonery in spite of his promise to reign it in.

Really guy? It's been 45 years and counting since you've been to the Big One and you're talking chit about the Pats losing last year? Do you really think there is no joy in playing in 5 of the last 10 Super Bowls? Do you really think they should have won them ALL? Jet fans are funny.

Yes. Really guy. Who gives a sh*t what you did last year, 5 years ago or 10 years ago? It means nothing. Diddly Poo.

All that matters is 2012-13. And from where I sit, its 0-0 in the standings. So go crow all you want and revel in your glory days gone by.

That would be fine if he said something to the effect of "I want to be thought of as", or "I strive to be, the best defensive coach in football". But he declared himself the best in the world. And that after a middling 8-8 season. Foolish statement, even if he has the temerity to believe it.

8-8 season, with a top 5 defense. He declared to be the best defensive coach in the league, not the best all around coach.

Wrong. Ignorance is spewing falsehoods as facts. Sox payroll total in last 10 years is $1.3 billion. Yankees is over $1.9 billion or over 40% higher. The disparity gets even greater going back 25 years as I had stated.

The only thing obvious here is true facts elude you.

Wait, a Sawx fan has the audacity to bring up payroll disparity when in the Sawx' two championship years they outspent their WS opponents by a combined $138 million in those seasons?

Red Sox outspent the Cards by $49.6 million in 2004 and the Rockies by $88.6 million, which is greater than the payroll disparity between the Yanks and any of their championship opponents during the Jeter era.

In fact, the 2007 WS payroll disparity is the largest in the history of the sport.

Wait, a Sawx fan has the audacity to bring up payroll disparity when in the Sawx' two championship years they outspent their WS opponents by a combined $138 million in those seasons?

Red Sox outspent the Cards by $49.6 million in 2004 and the Rockies by $88.6 million, which is greater than the payroll disparity between the Yanks and any of their championship opponents during the Jeter era.

In fact, the 2007 WS payroll disparity is the largest in the history of the sport.

Boston fans have no use for facts.

Doesn't negate the fact that the Yankmees outspent the Sox by over 40% on average in the past 10 years. Even more than that if you go back further. The road to the WS always goes through NY so your point of the WS opponent's smaller payroll is rather irrelevant to the discusiion.

Yes. Really guy. Who gives a sh*t what you did last year, 5 years ago or 10 years ago? It means nothing. Diddly Poo.

All that matters is 2012-13. And from where I sit, its 0-0 in the standings. So go crow all you want and revel in your glory days gone by.

No argument here. So, do you think the Jets will win the division this year?

How about make the playoffs?

Doesn't negate the fact that the Yankmees outspent the Sox by over 40% on average in the past 10 years. Even more than that if you go back further. The road to the WS always goes through NY so your point of the WS opponent's smaller payroll is rather irrelevant to the discusiion.

Who cares if the Yanks outspent the Sawx? The Sawx outspent EVERYONE else.

Your argument is simply ridiculous.

The Sawx are 2nd highest revenue team in baseball and have consistently had the 2nd highest payroll in the majors. You outspend everyone but the Yanks and you used that payroll disparity to bludgeon opponents, especially in 2004 and 2007 when the Sawx won 2 titles. The smaller payrolls of your WS opponents isn't irrelevant. You outspent them by $138 million. If your opponents had that $138 million they couldve signed better players to beat you.

So your best argument is that Rex might be the second best defensive coach in football?

Powerful stuff.

He declared himself THE BEST in the game, not "one of the best", which would be okay and somewhat accurate. Typical Rex being a blowhard. I guess he'll never learn.

Archived