Training Camp: Friday August 3

Ranick10

Offense in the black jerseys for the first time all camp.

Demario Davis in pads for the first time.

Holmes, Schilens and Kerley off to the side in the rehab group.

The other receiver, Stephen Hill, had this said about him just now by Cimini...@RichCimini

Rookie WR Stephen Hill has disappeared after a fast start to camp.

They're doing some one on one work with the receivers. Updates as they come.

@MMehtaNYDN

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 11 with 1 TD. Sacked twice by Wilkerson. Tebow was 3 for 6 with a rush

Practice over. I think Rex might be right about Wilkerson. Hopefully he can have a big year.

He compared him to Richard Seymour. 2 years in a row they took my favorite pick for us in the draft.

///crosses fingers!!!

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.

I don't know how true that is. Sanchez hasn't been that awful in camp. And he's throwing to nobody receivers because all of the 1-4 are all hurt besides Hill who is a work in progress.

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.

Agreed. Would I love to hear that Sanchez is lighting it up on a daily basis? yeah sure, but it's not realistic. I am looking forward to the preseason games though.

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the "playing against a great defense" excuse although it is true but the other reasons are definitely valid this year. This is a completely new offense and he's throwing to nobody so take the stats for what they're worth.

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

Holmes can't really be saying anything since he's on the sideline. If Mark was over/under throwing him everyday in practice that would be a different story.

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.

What receivers are going to be on the team?

Not sure. But that's a good point.

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.

Coples hasn't done squat in camp.

Baker has had a really good camp. Not that I think he's better than Keller or anything, but I'd like to see how he does against the 1s.

He got some playing time during the season last year. I think his Dad supposedly posted here. He is a little small at TE. They have used him more as an h-back/back up FB/part-time TE, but he seems like a decent player for an UDFA.

LOL i generally hate cimini's weasely coverage, but this was hilarious. Bart trashing the third string offense. Lolol. Real excited for BART SCOTT to have a BIG rebound year.

BIG-MOUTH BART: LB Bart Scott was in vintage form, trash talking the third-string offense. Standing on the sideline, Scott launched a verbal assault on QB Greg McElroy, who had another shaky day. Scott was so hard on the offense that it looked like coordinator Tony Sparano was going to explode, but he held his tongue. At least Scott backed up his words. A few minutes later, he threw Greene to the ground on a sweep.

CORTLAND – The Jets offense wore the black jerseys for the first time in training camp Friday, as the winners of the previous practice. They did nothing to hold onto them.

The offense looked lethargic, confused and, at times, awful Friday. Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano was clearly annoyed with the unit.

As for the quarterbacks, Mark Sanchez finished 5-of-12 with a touchdown and a sack in team drills. Tim Tebow went 3-for-6.

Sanchez's touchdown came during a two-minute, red-zone drill. Starting at the 25, Sanchez hit running back Bilal Powell on a screen pass for a 16-yard gain. After Sanchez had to throw the ball out of the end zone, the team advanced to the 1 on a penalty. On his second pass from the 1, Sanchez hit Patrick Turner in the front corner of the end zone.

Powell continues to get a lot of work with the first team. He is putting some heat on Joe McKnight for the third-down back role.

Players have talked about linebacker Bart Scott being back to his old self. It showed Friday. He was active on the field and did not shut up when he was on the sideline. He kept talking trash throughout the team portion of practice, even directing some at Sparano.

S LaRon Landry did not practice for the second straight day. Landry is recovering from an Achilles injury that ended his season with the Redskins last year. He said the trainers are just being cautious and these are planned days off. He expects to play in Saturday's scrimmage. … WR Santonio Holmes did not participate in team drills. Holmes has an unspecified leg issue. … WR Jeremy Kerley remains sidelined with hamstring tightness. … It looked like OLB Bryan Thomas was not out there during the second team session. Garrett McIntyre was working with the first team. It is unclear whether it was injury related or because of the situation they were practicing. … TE Josh Baker is having a nice camp so far.

R http://www.nypost.co...P#ixzz22VFbdyGM

Archived