Green and White Scrimmage

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kyle Rudolph will be better.

I hate when rookies look like rookies 2 weeks into their NFL careers. Its like sooooo, ridiculous.

Tom, I love you like a retarded brother, and I have no doubt the offense is going to be unwatchable this season, but I feel compelled to point out that you're now significantly out-negativing Cimini:

Seems unfair to nearly 10,000 people.

It's a drag for them. Cortland is halfway between Syracuse and Binghamton (~30 mins) and dudes bring their kids and wives with them. Obviously, not wealthy areas. When the team gathered at midfield to end the scrimmage after an hour, much of the crowd just sat there saying "that's it?"

It's a drag for them. Cortland is halfway between Syracuse and Binghamton (~30 mins) and dudes bring their kids and wives with them. Obviously, not wealthy areas. When the team gathered at midfield to end the scrimmage after an hour, much of the crowd just sat there saying "that's it?"

I almost drove up the 3 hours since I'm in town from Boston and my uncle teaches in Cortland. Therapy and medication must be finally working though cause I realized I didn't hate myself that much

Edited by SayNoToDMC

I don't think a full recap is necessary, so here's some valuable bullet points:

1. There's a lot of depth on the DL. Pouha was out, and the DL still dominated the interior OL with ease. McKnight squeezed through LG once for a gain of ~10 (then fumbled), and that was the lone highlight for the ground and pound.

2. If Mangold gets injured at any point, the season is over.

3. Coples looked tentative in his snaps, as if he was trying to figure out what angle he was supposed to take. By contrast, Devito flashed in his time on the field, showing a lot of strength and hustle, particularly when he lined up at DT. When Coples tried rushing the passer, he was nothing special. Probably needs to add 15 pounds of muscle if he's going to try to power-rush NFL OL. Definitely didn't seem to have a John Abraham-type burst to the outside. Poor scheme fit for the 3-4?

4. Stephen Hill looked lost. The passing game was brutal throughout, and Holmes was the only WR who seemed to know how to get open. Sanchez double-clutched on nearly every snap where Holmes or Keller weren't his primary read.

5. Sanchez is robotic, and consistently freaked when his plays broke down, whereas Tebow showed some life keeping plays alive with his feet. If the OL is a problem early on, there is no question that Tebow gives the Jets the best chance to win. I can't stress enough how painful the intermediate-to-long passing game was tonight. The drive Rex will be telling you about (Sanchez's TD) never happens in a real game. The defense was playing off the receivers and Sanchez would have been sacked a minimum of three times on the drive, er, "drive." Every pass but one traveled <8 yards.

6. On a positive note, Tebow throws a pretty accurate long ball. Both of his bombs were on the money, with one dropped and one broken up on a nice play by the DB.

7. Impossible to get a read on the safeties because the offense was so bad.

8. Maybin still looks quick to the outside, but was easily neutralized when he tried rushing inside. Still lacks the old lead in the pants.

9. Kenrick Ellis looked awesome.

I almost drove up the 3 hours since I'm in town from Boston and my uncle teaches in Cortland. Therapy and medication must be finally working though cause I realized I didn't hate myself that much

You missed nothing, bro-heim.

So in other words we're f*cked. The worst kind of f*cked. Where the defense will carry us to a mid-range pick, while the QB's get injured behind that sad excuse for a line.

Either that or we're winning the Superbowl and TomShane's being a TomShane.

Edit: Holy **** at Holmes? What? We truly are f*cked.

Edited by Irish Jet

So in other words we're f*cked. The worst kind of f*cked. Where the defense will carry us to a mid-range pick, while the QB's get injured behind that sad excuse for a line.

Remember when you thought I was unnecessarily ripping on Kerry Rhodes and tweeting how Rex would hate him? This is that.

Edited by T0mShane

Edit: Holy **** at Holmes? What? We truly are f*cked.

It was a scrimmage. Relax. And **** Holmes.

How did Austin Howard do at RT? We know Mangold and Moore aren't losing their jobs, but I was curious how Howard did in place of Hunter.

Hard to tell. All the penetration up the middle obscured how the edge was holding up. After the first dozen plays, I started focusing on individual matchups with Coples and Maybin, both of whom could have big years if they're asked to rush one-on-one because neither one can mix it up in traffic at all.