Green and White Scrimmage

Ranick10

Ahhh Shane...such a rare and yet udervalued talent. You seriously say sh*t that I would totally say if I weren't too lazy to think it up myself in the first place. Still, I admire the fact that you push on in the face of overwhelming disdain. You will be appreciated eventually. Probably posthumously...but eventually.

It's my cross to bear, but I look hawt bearing it.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind gambling on a pass rusher so much, but what killed me was doubling down on that gamble with Hill in the second. I thought they needed a safer bet (OL) in Rd. 2 to cover themselves in the event Coples busts. Anyone projecting even competence for Hill at this point is straight up guessing.

Hill would have been a fine pick if you have 4 total picks or so in the first two rounds. You really cant expect much out of him this season. But even then, you made that point as well...he doesnt have that quickness off the line that creates separation. right now he looks like a sprinter that was given a helmet and pads.

problem is the depth is thin and the guys we traded up for are average. Our drafts have been horrendous.

I don't think that's fair. The big problem with the Jets' drafts is that they don't have enough draft picks. Tannenbaum's had some obvious misses, but he's also hit pretty well. Sanchez, Greene, and Slauson makes for part of a good draft, but it makes a crappy entire draft. Greene's a decent pick in the third round, but sucks when he costs you three picks. I want the Jets to take a chance on a physical specimen like Vlad Ducasse, but the risk is much greater when he's one of four picks. Vernon Gholston was a sh*t pick that's even worse because the Jets didn't take a 2nd or 3rd rounder that year (they did take Keller at the bottom of the first - good pick!).

If the Powell chatter holds true, last years draft is looking very good. Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, and Kerley? That's a good take. I like the risk/reward of Coples and Hill, but the risk is greater because there's no 4th or 5th rounder to fill out that draft.

Tannenbaum needs to learn some patience, maybe trade down from the higher picks and collect more picks rather than trade them away. The picks themselves aren't bad at all.

I don't think that's fair. The big problem with the Jets' drafts is that they don't have enough draft picks. Tannenbaum's had some obvious misses, but he's also hit pretty well. Sanchez, Greene, and Slauson makes for part of a good draft, but it makes a crappy entire draft. Greene's a decent pick in the third round, but sucks when he costs you three picks. I want the Jets to take a chance on a physical specimen like Vlad Ducasse, but the risk is much greater when he's one of four picks. Vernon Gholston was a sh*t pick that's even worse because the Jets didn't take a 2nd or 3rd rounder that year (they did take Keller at the bottom of the first - good pick!).

If the Powell chatter holds true, last years draft is looking very good. Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, and Kerley? That's a good take. I like the risk/reward of Coples and Hill, but the risk is greater because there's no 4th or 5th rounder to fill out that draft.

Tannenbaum needs to learn some patience, maybe trade down from the higher picks and collect more picks rather than trade them away. The picks themselves aren't bad at all.

The combination of not having a lot of picks and those picks you have not being home runs leaves us where we're at today.

Picks like Gholston, Ducasse, having Shonn Greene as a first round grade...scare the hell out of me. This team just doesn't know how to evaluate talent. The last two real hits the Jets have had are Revis and Harris back in 2007.

The combination of not having a lot of picks and those picks you have not being home runs leaves us where we're at today.

Picks like Gholston, Ducasse, having Shonn Greene as a first round grade...scare the hell out of me. This team just doesn't know how to evaluate talent. The last two real hits the Jets have had are Revis and Harris back in 2007.

Wilkerson looks pretty damn good.

Statements like, "This team just doesn't know how to evaluate talent," have no basis in reality. Everybody misses. You need except that "first round grade" post-pick rhetoric for the hyperbole that it is. Everyone pumps their chest out on draft day, not just the Jets.

Problem is number of picks more than anything else. Tanny's drafted Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Stuckey, Lowery, Slauson, McKnight, Conner, Kerley, Powell, in the fourth round or later. They need to hold onto more of those picks.

And while I don't generally like trading away picks, a fifth for Holmes or a forth for Tebow aren't terrible moves.

Wilkerson looks pretty damn good.

Statements like, "This team just doesn't know how to evaluate talent," have no basis in reality. Everybody misses. You need except that "first round grade" post-pick rhetoric for the hyperbole that it is. Everyone pumps their chest out on draft day, not just the Jets.

Problem is number of picks more than anything else. Tanny's drafted Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Stuckey, Lowery, Slauson, McKnight, Conner, Kerley, Powell, in the fourth round or later. They need to hold onto more of those picks.

And while I don't generally like trading away picks, a fifth for Holmes or a forth for Tebow aren't terrible moves.

Its not hyperbole. its truth. The Jets have zero idea what they're doing on draft day. Look at the teams that consistently win games and then look at the Jets. The Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Saints....even teams like the Falcons all have their sh*t together on draft day. We have Tannenbaum's mom and mailman in the war room. There's a reason these teams restock so quickly and we're plugging in no names at WR and OL. everyone does miss, but those teams can afford to miss sometimes because they hit a lot too. We havent hit on a skill position on offense since...Leon Washington? Even then he was more of a special teams guy/3rd down back.

The Tebow trade was to sell tickets. So if you're rooting for Woody Johnson's pockets sure that's a good move.

Thank you, Jimmy. Much like the great rapper Drake, I use the haters to fuel the inferno that burns inside my artistic blast furnace.

Did u at least get laid in your ole dorm room after the G&W fiasco? may revise projection to 6 yrs of hell coming. Decastro was the pick, even carolina fans are 50/50 on

Coples.. Hill was too raw to take in 2nd. Jet s scouts blow. Tanny the accountant u know my view on the klondike

Its not hyperbole. its truth. The Jets have zero idea what they're doing on draft day. Look at the teams that consistently win games and then look at the Jets. The Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Giants, Saints....even teams like the Falcons all have their sh*t together on draft day. We have Tannenbaum's mom and mailman in the war room. There's a reason these teams restock so quickly and we're plugging in no names at WR and OL. everyone does miss, but those teams can afford to miss sometimes because they hit a lot too. We havent hit on a skill position on offense since...Leon Washington? Even then he was more of a special teams guy/3rd down back.

The Tebow trade was to sell tickets. So if you're rooting for Woody Johnson's pockets sure that's a good move.

Again, the big difference is number of picks. When was the Ravens last big hit? Ray Rice in 2008? The Steelers last best first rounder was probably Santonio Holmes. If you ever tried to look at it objectively, you'd see that the accountant is doing better than most.

And if Tebow gets first downs, scores TDs, and/or serves as a decent backup QB, a fourth rounder was a pretty good deal.

Again, the big difference is number of picks. When was the Ravens last big hit? Ray Rice in 2008? The Steelers last best first rounder was probably Santonio Holmes. If you ever tried to look at it objectively, you'd see that the accountant is doing better than most.

And if Tebow gets first downs, scores TDs, and/or serves as a decent backup QB, a fourth rounder was a pretty good deal.

Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace...both hits for Pittsburgh. Both playmakers.

Ray Rice is also a monster hit, something the Jets havent had on offense since, well, ever.

Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace...both hits for Pittsburgh. Both playmakers.

Again, number of picks. Those were 3rd and 6th rounders, something Tannenbaum has a hard time holding onto. At the top of the draft, he's doing better than the Steelers. Steelers haven't really hit in the first round since Santonio.

Again, number of picks. Those were 3rd and 6th rounders, something Tannenbaum has a hard time holding onto. At the top of the draft, he's doing better than the Steelers. Steelers haven't really hit in the first round since Santonio.

Umm and u dont blame Tannybum for wasting draft picks? very interesting...........

Umm and u dont blame Tannybum for wasting draft picks? very interesting...........

I do. I don't like the way Tannenbaum does business, and if you did more than drive-by post, you'd know that. But to say that the Jets drafts have been horrible under the guy is simply false.

I do. I don't like the way Tannenbaum does business, and if you did more than drive-by post, you'd know that. But to say that the Jets drafts have been horrible under the guy is simply false.

i like that line drive-by-post Touche!!!

Ive watched Coples plenty at UNC. Guy was a stiff. from all the reports, writing was on the wall the Jets wanted to take Irvin there to help their pass rush. Coples isnt a pass rusher regardless of his sack totals at UNC. Watch him play, racking up sacks against Duke going unblocked doesnt prove anything.

UNC was tough because his whole team got suspended and his coach left. He probably should have came out as a junior. REX and co. was there at Mobile and he dominated those practices. Check anyone's notes from that week (not just mine), Coples was unblockable. It's true he can be amazing and he can be quiet, I just think there's alot of DLinemen like that. These guys run hot and cold. When he's hot watch out.

in general I like the fact that the Jets drafted a defensive lineman and will play him at defensive line. No conversion. Irvin was an end an WVU he would have had to learn linebacker, how long will that take. Maybin is in year 4 and still learning...

Hill would have been a fine pick if you have 4 total picks or so in the first two rounds. You really cant expect much out of him this season. But even then, you made that point as well...he doesnt have that quickness off the line that creates separation. right now he looks like a sprinter that was given a helmet and pads.

It'll be interesting to see Hill develop. What you saw in the scrimmage was a dude in his first NFL action trying to beat Revis. I'm still not hopeful that he figures it out this year, but I think it'll do him well to get away from Cro and Revis this preseason. His confidence has to have taken a beating the past few weeks.

It'll be interesting to see Hill develop. What you saw in the scrimmage was a dude in his first NFL action trying to beat Revis. I'm still not hopeful that he figures it out this year, but I think it'll do him well to get away from Cro and Revis this preseason. His confidence has to have taken a beating the past few weeks.

up close, did he look like a legit 4.3 guy?

off topic a bit, but the fastest guy in the world, Bolt...is a slow starter...those big guys with long as strides take a while to get going...I hope Hill can get those initial quicky choppy steps down to beat press coverage.

Ugh, this again. The Jets are easily in the top 10 of the league in drafting since Tanny's been around. We've done this before...pretty much every team in the NFL sucks at drafting save, 3 teams. Jets are up there, no doubt about it. They missed on Gholston during a pretty sh*tty year and they missed on Ducasse who was basically a 3rd round player. Otherwise, their drafts have been pretty damn good.

I gotta agree. When the Steelers or Ravens miss on a high pick, there's almost always a lower-round guy who can step in and at least bridge the gap for a year or two at the position. Tannenbaum's philosophy relies way too much on plugging holes with overpriced free agents and/or garbage off the street.

Ugh, this again. The Jets are easily in the top 10 of the league in drafting since Tanny's been around. We've done this before...pretty much every team in the NFL sucks at drafting save, 3 teams. Jets are up there, no doubt about it. They missed on Gholston during a pretty sh*tty year and they missed on Ducasse who was basically a 3rd round player. Otherwise, their drafts have been pretty damn good.

We havent drafted one impact player on offense since Leon Washington, who was a third down back.

Who on this offense scares anyone? What's the highest pick we'd get back for anyone on this offense?

up close, did he look like a legit 4.3 guy?

off topic a bit, but the fastest guy in the world, Bolt...is a slow starter...those big guys with long as strides take a while to get going...I hope Hill can get those initial quicky choppy steps down to beat press coverage.

It was hard to tell. Every play but one ended in .08 seconds.

We havent drafted one impact player on offense since Leon Washington, who was a third down back.

Who on this offense scares anyone? What's the highest pick we'd get back for anyone on this offense?

Huh? DBrick/Mangold are pro-bowlers. 1 is the best at his position in the league and the other is in the conversation. Slauson is a 6th round starter. Sanchez, Keller and Greene are all impact players. Sanchez has the most playoff wins in franchise history and a career winning record. Keller is the Jets best receiving TE we've had in years and Greene's production is very good for a 3rd round pick. And I believe Kerley is going to be a very good slot WR too. McKnight led the league in kick off returns.

I dont know what the value of any of them would be in a trade, but I think thats a pretty a silly way to evaluate the draft or talent of the team.

Huh? DBrick/Mangold are pro-bowlers. 1 is the best at his position in the league and the other is in the conversation. Slauson is a 6th round starter. Sanchez, Keller and Greene are all impact players. Sanchez has the most playoff wins in franchise history and a career winning record. Keller is the Jets best receiving TE we've had in years and Greene's production is very good for a 3rd round pick. And I believe Kerley is going to be a very good slot WR too. McKnight led the league in kick off returns.

I dont know what the value of any of them would be in a trade, but I think thats a pretty a silly way to evaluate the draft or talent of the team.

I will give you Keller I guess. Even he's a guy we traded up for...as far as being an impact player, not really. keller doesnt need to be accounted for as a guy that can kill you like some of the other great tight ends in the league.

Greene isnt very good. The fact we had a first round grade on him and had him ranked higher than Lesean Mccoy is horrifying. Greene picks up yards given to by the oline. He's terrible after contact and even worse in the open field.

Leon was really the last guy you could say could make a play in space with the ball in his hands that was drafted by the Jets.

Brick and Mangold were in the same draft as Leon but I was talking more skill position players.

Your memory is faulty. The Jets last "big hit" was Revis in 2007. They haven't had a Pro Bowler out of their drafts since then -- nor even outstanding starters.

The Ravens drafted Flacco in the first, Rice in the second in 2008. They picked OT Michael Oher in the first in 2009 and WR Torrey Smith in the 2nd in 2011. All starters pretty much from Day 1 IIRC. Rice a Pro Bowler.

The Steelers drafted RB Rashard Mendenhall in the first in 2008, WR Mike Wallace in the third in 2009, and C Maurkise Pouncey in the first in 2010 (Pro Bowler as a rookie).

You are correct that the Jets don't have enough picks. I would argue that the something changed very fundamentally with the way the Jets approached the draft at some point after 2006:

Year/picks

2006 - 10

2007 - 4

2008 - 6

2009 - 3

2010 - 4

2011 - 6

2012 - 8

Not only did the Jets FO trade away picks like they had no value, they seemed to go with riskier picks in the first couple of rounds. Sanchez was a big risk. He'd had 1 season as a starter at USC. I believe his coach said he should have stayed another year. Ducasse was a risk. Both Coples and Hill are risks compared to other players the Jets could have taken.

FTR, the 3 guys out of the 2009 draft would hardly make a "part of a good draft". Missing on a first round QB that the team traded up to get is an automatic fail for that draft, and Sanchez looks like a miss if there ever was one. Slauson is a mediocre LG whose play is improved because of the 2 guys he's playing between. He's probably NOT a starter on teams with better OLs. The same goes for Shonn Greene.

Trading a fourth for Tebow was beyond stupid when a team has as many needs that couldn't be filled with FAs as the Jets had -- and still have. Backup QB was already filled with FA QB Drew Stanford. The Jets needed a WC QB about as much as the Dolphins did when Parcells drafted Pat White in the second round in 2009.

The Jets have spent the last 5 drafts wasting picks because of the FO's wheeling dealing and poor player evaluation. They have been able to cobble together a decent team by importing FAs to fill a lot of holes. They've been lucky to have an excellent defensive coach whose schemes have disguised most of the weaknesses on the defense, but there's simply NOT a lot of offensive talent on the Jets. Those crows seem likely to come home to roost this season.

I gotta agree. When the Steelers or Ravens miss on a high pick, there's almost always a lower-round guy who can step in and at least bridge the gap for a year or two at the position. Tannenbaum's philosophy relies way too much on plugging holes with overpriced free agents and/or garbage off the street.

T0mShane agrees with me. T0mFvckingShane.

In your face, Matt!

I will give you Keller I guess. Even he's a guy we traded up for...as far as being an impact player, not really. keller doesnt need to be accounted for as a guy that can kill you like some of the other great tight ends in the league.

Greene isnt very good. The fact we had a first round grade on him and had him ranked higher than Lesean Mccoy is horrifying. Greene picks up yards given to by the oline. He's terrible after contact and even worse in the open field.

You'll give me Keller? But not the probowl OLmen we've drafted. lmfao Ever watched a "Football Life- Bill Belichick" - they have footage of him sitting around a table with his staff talking about the Jets and how they need to shut down Keller and thats the key to our offense.

Who gives a **** if they had a 1st round grade on Greene? They took him in the 3rd. Dont believe everything you read.

You'll give me Keller? But not the probowl OLmen we've drafted. lmfao Ever watched a "Football Life- Bill Belichick" - they have footage of him sitting around a table with his staff talking about the Jets and how they need to shut down Keller and thats the key to our offense.

Who gives a **** if they had a 1st round grade on Greene? They took him in the 3rd. Dont believe everything you read.

Dustin Keller isnt even a top 10 player at his position. If Dustin Keller is the key to your offense you probably have a prety sh*tty offense.

Your memory is faulty. The Jets last "big hit" was Revis in 2007. They haven't had a Pro Bowler out of their drafts since then -- nor even outstanding starters.

The Ravens drafted Flacco in the first, Rice in the second in 2008. They picked OT Michael Oher in the first in 2009 and WR Torrey Smith in the 2nd in 2011. All starters pretty much from Day 1 IIRC. Rice a Pro Bowler.

The Steelers drafted RB Rashard Mendenhall in the first in 2008, WR Mike Wallace in the third in 2009, and C Maurkise Pouncey in the first in 2010 (Pro Bowler as a rookie).

You are correct that the Jets don't have enough picks. I would argue that the something changed very fundamentally with the way the Jets approached the draft at some point after 2006:

Year/picks

2006 - 10

2007 - 4

2008 - 6

2009 - 3

2010 - 4

2011 - 6

2012 - 8

Not only did the Jets FO trade away picks like they had no value, they seemed to go with riskier picks in the first couple of rounds. Sanchez was a big risk. He'd had 1 season as a starter at USC. I believe his coach said he should have stayed another year. Ducasse was a risk. Both Coples and Hill are risks compared to other players the Jets could have taken.

FTR, the 3 guys out of the 2009 draft would hardly make a "part of a good draft". Missing on a first round QB that the team traded up to get is an automatic fail for that draft, and Sanchez looks like a miss if there ever was one. Slauson is a mediocre LG whose play is improved because of the 2 guys he's playing between. He's probably NOT a starter on teams with better OLs. The same goes for Shonn Greene.

Trading a fourth for Tebow was beyond stupid when a team has as many needs that couldn't be filled with FAs as the Jets had -- and still have. Backup QB was already filled with FA QB Drew Stanford. The Jets needed a WC QB about as much as the Dolphins did when Parcells drafted Pat White in the second round in 2009.

The Jets have spent the last 5 drafts wasting picks because of the FO's wheeling dealing and poor player evaluation. They have been able to cobble together a decent team by importing FAs to fill a lot of holes. They've been lucky to have an excellent defensive coach whose schemes have disguised most of the weaknesses on the defense, but there's simply NOT a lot of offensive talent on the Jets. Those crows seem likely to come home to roost this season.

This is a terrible post and proves you have no clue what you're talking about, yet again.

Year/picks

2006 - 10

2007 - 4

2008 - 6

2009 - 3

2010 - 4

2011 - 6

2012 - 8

wow!!!

nail on head

Go Jills

Dustin Keller isnt even a top 10 player at his position. If Dustin Keller is the key to your offense you probably have a prety sh*tty offense.

Yet the best coach in Football is game planning for him something you said nobody does.

Year/picks

2006 - 10

2007 - 4

2008 - 6

2009 - 3

2010 - 4

2011 - 6

2012 - 8

pretty spot on

Archived